Sign in   |  Join   |  Help

BeoVision Contour

rated by 0 users
Answered (Not Verified) This post has 0 verified answers | 309 Replies | 2 Followers

Tayne
Not Ranked
38 Posts
Bronze Member
Tayne posted on Fri, Oct 30 2020 7:21 PM

Have I missed something, or has this new TV already been discussed somewhere?

All Replies

moxxey
Top 25 Contributor
South West, UK
5,317 Posts
Bronze Member
moxxey replied on Fri, Nov 13 2020 8:38 AM

Emil Jensen:

I would not buy a Beovision without these functions, at least not for my livingroom.

My point is/was, an increasing number of people won't or don't use them and controlling the TV direction from a remote really is a luxury not necessary on those low-end TVs. That's why they sit in that bracket. Almost no-one is going to connect a Horizon or Contour to a BL5.

I do agree PL is lacking and should have been added, but that's an issue with the Stage, but the rest for me - and many - are increasingly superfluous. 

We have to remember, and we almost never do, that the BeoWorld audience is not your general B&O audience and B&O has to design accordingly to the wider market.

Emil Jensen
Top 150 Contributor
Denmark
719 Posts
Bronze Member

moxxey:

Emil Jensen:

I would not buy a Beovision without these functions, at least not for my livingroom.

My point is/was, an increasing number of people won't or don't use them and controlling the TV direction from a remote really is a luxury not necessary on those low-end TVs. That's why they sit in that bracket. Almost no-one is going to connect a Horizon or Contour to a BL5.

I do agree PL is lacking and should have been added, but that's an issue with the Stage, but the rest for me - and many - are increasingly superfluous. 

We have to remember, and we almost never do, that the BeoWorld audience is not your general B&O audience and B&O has to design accordingly to the wider market.

But in my experience most B&O users use their motorized stand, and have been used to it since the 90'

And yes it is a Luxury, but is that not the reason to buy a Beovision?

And the Harmony have only got a motorized stand now because of public demand.

So I really do not agree with you on this point.

Beovision Harmony 77" 2nd Gen, Beolab 5, Beolab 17, Beosound 1, Beoplay M3, Beoplay H6, Beoplay Earset, Beoliving Intelligence 

Brian
Top 500 Contributor
London/Aarhus
214 Posts
Bronze Member
Brian replied on Fri, Nov 13 2020 9:12 AM

Moxxey, I use a Beoremote one to fully control my Sky Q 2TB box via PUC on a BV11-55. I never use the sky remote which is actually put away in the attic. The BR One does everything.. 

mseverg68
Not Ranked
Milano
47 Posts
Bronze Member

I ask you a question: what should now be the right Beovision to replace a BV 8-40 with 5 connected beolabs (not BL5 ...)? The Contour would have been perfect in size and price. Or am I wrong ?

mbee
Top 75 Contributor
Paris, France
1,812 Posts
Bronze Member
mbee replied on Fri, Nov 13 2020 1:14 PM

@mseverg68 : yes you're completely wrong as the Contour doesn't have any output for your 5 speakers. I'm also considering upgrading my BV8 40 with something better, hesitating between Harmony and Eclipse, but with a little 15-month child at home I think I might better wait some more years Cool

mbee
Top 75 Contributor
Paris, France
1,812 Posts
Bronze Member
mbee replied on Fri, Nov 13 2020 1:16 PM

Emil Jensen:
And the Harmony have only got a motorized stand now because of public demand.

I can give you the exact opposite argument with the Eclipse which has now a fixed stand option because of public demand! Maybe there is approx 50% of users needing it and 50% that doesn't care! Big Smile

andy_js
Top 500 Contributor
Englandshire
208 Posts
Gold Member
Give me a motorised stand or give me death.
mawheele
Top 500 Contributor
258 Posts
Bronze Member

moxxey:

Sandyb:

My Beoremote 1 controls my Sky Q box.....not sure what the issue is (unless I'm missing something)

Are you sure? How? The 4K Sky Q box is notorious for not being externally controllable. There was never a PUC option on my BV11 either (although there was for Sky HD).

What can you control? There's basic control via the TV, but I can't change channel, for example.

Sure as a sure thing. Sky Q box on my Eclipse since day 1 is controlled - with all functions excluding voice control - by onboard PUC. Super reliable as well.

Beofan67
Not Ranked
NETHERLANDS
62 Posts
Gold Member
Beofan67 replied on Fri, Nov 13 2020 10:09 PM
mbee:

I can give you the exact opposite argument with the Eclipse which has now a fixed stand option because of public demand! Maybe there is approx 50% of users needing it and 50% that doesn't care!

diisign.com

So why not keep it as an option. Then b&o can serve all their customers. I had a motorized stand with my bv1, bv11 and now a motorized wall mount with my bv eclipse. And use it every day with the br1 under mybutton.

Beofan with current setup Beovison Eclipse 55, Beosound 35, Beolab 6000, Beolab 11

mbee
Top 75 Contributor
Paris, France
1,812 Posts
Bronze Member
mbee replied on Fri, Nov 13 2020 10:17 PM

The BV Horizon didn’t came with a motorised floor stand, as the V1-40or BV8, and while the BV Contour has almost the aspect of a BV 11, it’s an entry-level Beovision so we’re accustomed of not seeing motorised stand for this category...

But the real issue is that the Contour is just a stage + LG 48 panel + a frame, so unfortunately, as for power link, there is no dedicated electronics inside it to control a stand Sad

Sandyb
Top 50 Contributor
2,050 Posts
Bronze Member
Sandyb replied on Sat, Nov 14 2020 3:44 AM
moxxey:

Are you sure? How? The 4K Sky Q box is notorious for not being externally controllable. There was never a PUC option on my BV11 either (although there was for Sky HD).

What can you control? There's basic control via the TV, but I can't change channel, for example.

Yes very sure

I switched over from Sky HD to a Sky Q box 3 months ago, and my BR1 has the same control over the Q as it did over the HD box.

Not that I think the BR1 does the controls brilliantly, but it’s fine, and exactly the same for me as it was for the Sky HD box

I don’t think I changed the PUC table in my 12-65 and Avant when I got the Q installed, for the record
Daniel
Not Ranked
Hamburg, Germany
7 Posts
Bronze Member
Daniel replied on Sat, Nov 14 2020 7:40 AM

Here it is on display already. 

https://ibb.co/L9g8MW5

Exist to create

vikinger
Top 25 Contributor
Vestri Kirkjubyr, UK
5,410 Posts
Bronze Member

Nice looking TV!

Regarding the debate about motorised stands, for me a motorised stand is essential because of very different room sitting positions. However, motorised stands are now undoubtedly less necessary for many situations, The latest screens, unlike early LCD's, have wide viewing angles, both side to side and up and down. Also, big 55” plus screens are becoming the standard and are more likely to be fixed to a flat wall or left in one stand position simply because of their size.

Graham

Hiort
Top 50 Contributor
Sweden
2,760 Posts
Bronze Member
Hiort replied on Sat, Nov 14 2020 8:36 AM
Daniel:

Here it is on display already.

https://ibb.co/L9g8MW5

Exist to create

Pricetag 6042 eur.....

Hopefully you get a BR1 and stand for that price.

Livingroom: BL3, BL11, BV11-46 Kitchen: Beosound 1 GVA, Beocom 2 Bathroom: M3 Homeoffice: M3, Beocom 2  Library: Beosound Emerge, Beocom 6000 Bedroom: M5, Essence remote  Travel: Beoplay E8 2.0, Beoplay P2, Beoplay Earset

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
14,202 Posts
Bronze Member

That is from the B&O store in Hamburg......if I am not mistaken.

MM

There is a tv - and there is a BV.

Page 7 of 21 (310 items) « First ... < Previous 5 6 7 8 9 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL