Sign in   |  Join   |  Help

BeoVision Contour

rated by 0 users
Answered (Not Verified) This post has 0 verified answers | 237 Replies | 2 Followers

Tayne
Not Ranked
37 Posts
Bronze Member
Tayne posted on Fri, Oct 30 2020 7:21 PM

Have I missed something, or has this new TV already been discussed somewhere?

All Replies

mbolo01
Top 75 Contributor
Annecy - France
1,721 Posts
Gold Member
ngnear:

Look like there is a version of the stage designed for use with the Contour.

When adding the Contour to the app you can see the following:

BS Moment, BS Core, BG 4002, BC 4500, BS1, BL18, BL19, BL8000 + RCV1, A6, M5, M3, A1, P6 (tks Botty), H5, TR1

ngnear
Top 500 Contributor
218 Posts
Bronze Member
ngnear replied on Thu, Nov 12 2020 1:23 PM
Emil Jensen:

Yes and that would mean

No PL

No WiSa

No PUC

No motor stand

Beovision Eclipse, Beolab 5, Beolab 17, Beosound 1 Google assist, Beoplay M3, Beoplay H6, Beoplay Earset

But possibly Multiroom?
andy_js
Top 500 Contributor
Englandshire
192 Posts
Gold Member

Emil Jensen:

Yes and that would mean

No PL

No WiSa

No PUC

No motor stand

Do we know that for sure?  What do we know about the Stage 2?

Top 200 Contributor
423 Posts
Bronze Member
1990 replied on Thu, Nov 12 2020 3:14 PM

I believe the current Stage was already called “AL2”. So I guess no Mk2! Just current Stage without alu frame to drop into the Contour.

Michael
Top 50 Contributor
Sweden
2,488 Posts
Bronze Member
mbolo01:

When adding the Contour to the app you can see the following:

BS Moment, BS Core, BG 4002, BC 4500, BS1, BL18, BL19, BL8000 + RCV1, A6, M5, M3, A1, P6 (tks Botty), H5, TR1

Placeholder photo it seems as this is a stage and an oled tv separated Big Smile

Beolab 50, Beolab 20, Beolab 8000 x 2, Beolab 4000 x 2, 
BeoSound Core, BeoSound 9000, BeoSound Century, 
BeoLit 15, BeoPlay A1, BeoPlay P2, BeoPlay H9i, BeoPlay H6, EarSet 3i, 
BeoVision Avant 55, BeoPlay V1-40, 
BeoCom 6000 and so much else :)  

Steph
Top 100 Contributor
France
1,049 Posts
Bronze Member
Steph replied on Thu, Nov 12 2020 7:21 PM

When is the official launch date?

Hiort
Top 50 Contributor
Sweden
2,595 Posts
Bronze Member
Hiort replied on Thu, Nov 12 2020 7:43 PM
This Is an illustration I’ve got.

Livingroom: BL3, BL11, BV11-46 Kitchen: Beosound 1 GVA, Beocom 2 Bathroom: M3 Library: A6, Beocom 6000 Bedroom: M5 Office: Beocom 2 Travel: Beoplay E8 2.0, Beoplay P2

Steph
Top 100 Contributor
France
1,049 Posts
Bronze Member
Steph replied on Thu, Nov 12 2020 7:54 PM
What is this little white piece in the middle of the screen?
Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
13,545 Posts
Bronze Member

Hiort:
This Is an illustration I’ve got.

.....and probably a copy of what OliverC posted in this thread on page 3.

The only known picture untill now.

MM

There is a tv - and there is a BV.

ButziBaer
Not Ranked
9 Posts
Bronze Member
Hi,

official launch date is next week, 19.11.2020
Steph
Top 100 Contributor
France
1,049 Posts
Bronze Member
Steph replied on Thu, Nov 12 2020 8:54 PM

Thanks 👍🏼

moxxey
Top 25 Contributor
South West, UK
5,215 Posts
Bronze Member
moxxey replied on Thu, Nov 12 2020 10:19 PM

Emil Jensen:

Yes and that would mean

No PL

No WiSa

No PUC

No motor stand

Really perplexes me why people make such a big thing of these 'features'. I wonder if people think they might need them, so figure they want them, even if they are never actually used? 

I've owned various B&O TVs on a motorised stand. Figured it was a luxury I could live without. I never move the TV! Sure sometimes it's nice to have it pointing in another direction when in standby, but it's something I can easily live without. And have done for years.

WISA isn't really anything to demand from your TV. PUC has long since stopped controlling modern devices anyhow. A Sky Q box is an example.

Also, this is designed as a cheap B&O TV to sit in the corner of your room. I think the wood option will look good, too. I'm already thinking if I use my GX 55" with the Eclipse v2 stand, I'll have a spare Stage which could be used with the Contour - I can't imagine B&O shipping the CX, much like it doesn't ship the GX with the Eclipse v2, leaving this to the dealer to order and install.

Sandyb
Top 50 Contributor
1,849 Posts
Bronze Member
Sandyb replied on Thu, Nov 12 2020 11:27 PM

My Beoremote 1 controls my Sky Q box.....not sure what the issue is (unless I'm missing something)

Of course the BR 1 has its limitations controlling peripheral devices - it doesnt replicate full functionality of a SKY Q or Apple TV remote, lacking scrolll pads and voice control etc....so in that sense I can see why PUC shouldn't be viewed as some panacea, but its still does most of the everyday stuff well enough.

**side note, my SKY Q remote seems to be able to control the volume of my BV12-65 / BS4......wasnt expecting that?!  (not that I use the Q remote, its been hidden away.

moxxey:

Emil Jensen:

Yes and that would mean

No PL

No WiSa

No PUC

No motor stand

Really perplexes me why people make such a big thing of these 'features'. I wonder if people think they might need them, so figure they want them, even if they are never actually used? 

I've owned various B&O TVs on a motorised stand. Figured it was a luxury I could live without. I never move the TV! Sure sometimes it's nice to have it pointing in another direction when in standby, but it's something I can easily live without. And have done for years.

WISA isn't really anything to demand from your TV. PUC has long since stopped controlling modern devices anyhow. A Sky Q box is an example.

Also, this is designed as a cheap B&O TV to sit in the corner of your room. I think the wood option will look good, too. I'm already thinking if I use my GX 55" with the Eclipse v2 stand, I'll have a spare Stage which could be used with the Contour - I can't imagine B&O shipping the CX, much like it doesn't ship the GX with the Eclipse v2, leaving this to the dealer to order and install.

moxxey:

Emil Jensen:

Yes and that would mean

No PL

No WiSa

No PUC

No motor stand

moxxey:

Emil Jensen:

Yes and that would mean

No PL

No WiSa

No PUC

No motor stand

moxxey
Top 25 Contributor
South West, UK
5,215 Posts
Bronze Member
moxxey replied on Fri, Nov 13 2020 6:58 AM

Sandyb:

My Beoremote 1 controls my Sky Q box.....not sure what the issue is (unless I'm missing something)

Are you sure? How? The 4K Sky Q box is notorious for not being externally controllable. There was never a PUC option on my BV11 either (although there was for Sky HD).

What can you control? There's basic control via the TV, but I can't change channel, for example.

Emil Jensen
Top 150 Contributor
Denmark
618 Posts
Bronze Member

moxxey:

Emil Jensen:

Yes and that would mean

No PL

No WiSa

No PUC

No motor stand

So for me it does not matter for me with the Contour, as it is only 48"

But these features I mention, I use everyday. 

PL to my Beolab 5

WiSa to my surround Beolab 17

PUC for my Apple TV

The Motorstand, When I sit in the corner of my sofa, I press one of the Mybuttons, and the TV turns to that position, while the Speaker setup calibrates it to that position also, so the sound is correct wherever I choose to sit. 

I would not buy a Beovision without these functions, at least not for my livingroom.

Beovision Eclipse, Beolab 5, Beolab 17, Beosound 1 Google assist, Beoplay M3, Beoplay H6, Beoplay Earset 

Page 6 of 16 (238 items) « First ... < Previous 4 5 6 7 8 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL