Sign in   |  Join   |  Help

BeoVision Contour

rated by 0 users
Answered (Not Verified) This post has 0 verified answers | 281 Replies | 2 Followers

Tayne
Not Ranked
38 Posts
Bronze Member
Tayne posted on Fri, Oct 30 2020 7:21 PM

Have I missed something, or has this new TV already been discussed somewhere?

All Replies

Fansastic
Top 150 Contributor
The Hague, The Netherlands
665 Posts
Gold Member
Eclipse boots with Bang & Olufsen logo for just a few seconds due to fast bootup time. There is no LG logo on the OS, but it is LG’s interface of course.

Not sure if I remembered but Harmony does not have the logo anymore due to even faster bootup.

The Contour should either have no start up logo or a B&O logo imo. Also I wonder if you can adjust sound settings through the tv interface or that you need to app to do it on the Stage. In other words is it a Beovision (light) or are you constantly reminded that it are two different products with its own setup interface

BV Eclipse 55 Brass - BL 18 Brass - BL 19 Brass - BL17 Black - BL 3 White - BS Moment - BS 2 Brass - BV Horizon 48 - BS3000 - BS 3200 - BS Essence MK2 - BL 4000 - V1 40 Black - V1 40 White - BLC NL/ML - H6 -  H4 - E8 Motion - A8 Earphone - Beolit 12 - Beolit 15 - Beoplay A1 Green - Beoplay A3 White

hadr
Top 500 Contributor
Switzerland
91 Posts
Bronze Member
hadr replied on Sat, Dec 12 2020 9:08 AM
I guess you need to adjust settings through the B&O app, as stock WebOS does not offer such functionality. But I don’t see that as an issue, as this is the case for several products and I suppose the app will recognise it as a Contour and not a Stage...
steve1977
Top 100 Contributor
893 Posts
Bronze Member
Sounds good! I wouldn’t mind to adjust through the app. Also, i can live without a b&o as long as it doesn’t start with an LG logo and doesn’t display the LG logo in the UI. I’m getting closer to the purchase ;)
Hiort
Top 50 Contributor
Sweden
2,721 Posts
Bronze Member
Hiort replied on Sun, Dec 13 2020 8:37 AM
steve1977:

Also, i can live without a b&o as long as it doesn’t start with an LG logo and doesn’t display the LG logo in the UI.

But it does show LG logos, right?

Livingroom: BL3, BL11, BV11-46 Kitchen: Beosound 1 GVA, Beocom 2 Bathroom: M3 Homeoffice: M3, Beocom 2  Library: A6, Beocom 6000 Bedroom: M5, Essence remote  Travel: Beoplay E8 2.0, Beoplay P2, Beoplay Earset

Sandyb
Top 50 Contributor
2,014 Posts
Bronze Member
Sandyb replied on Sun, Dec 13 2020 9:42 AM
steve1977:

Sounds good! I wouldn’t mind to adjust through the app. Also, i can live without a b&o as long as it doesn’t start with an LG logo and doesn’t display the LG logo in the UI. I’m getting closer to the purchase ;)

I might be missing something, but startup procedure aside, the main UI is all LG's web OS

There is no escaping that - it's the bright colored UI, the very same you see on any LG OLED. Today's Beo visions are just a (functionally) LG consumer TV with added B&O sound part, and the ability to use the BeoRemote.

Not a bad combination by any means, but you don't get a B&O UI only anymore
Barry Santini
Top 150 Contributor
New York
536 Posts
Bronze Member
That’s true.

But I think—given the fluidity of TV technology—that B&O’s decision to focus on delivering the best B&O user and sonic experience—with a premiere brand like LG, is definitely worth the money asked. There are more than a few paths to get the buyer into a price point they are comfortable with without sacrificing what the core of B&O has always been about: The sonic and design experience.
Carsten
Not Ranked
Copenhagen, Denmark
44 Posts
Bronze Member

Cant say on the Contour, but I have the new Eclipse ver. 2, and there is no logo at all when starting up. No B&O, no LG.

Carsten
Not Ranked
Copenhagen, Denmark
44 Posts
Bronze Member

- duplicate - Sad

Carsten
Not Ranked
Copenhagen, Denmark
44 Posts
Bronze Member

- duplicate - Sad

steve1977
Top 100 Contributor
893 Posts
Bronze Member
Hiort:

But it does show LG logos, right?

?
Puncher
Top 10 Contributor
Durham
11,720 Posts
Bronze Member

The TV is an LG, it comes in a LG box. It is exactly the same TV you buy in Currys/Walmart (select your own budget Electrical retailer)  -  why would it start up with a B&O Logo?

Ban boring signatures!

Puncher
Top 10 Contributor
Durham
11,720 Posts
Bronze Member

Duplicate

Ban boring signatures!

moxxey
Top 25 Contributor
South West, UK
5,294 Posts
Bronze Member
moxxey replied on Sun, Dec 13 2020 11:00 PM

Puncher:

The TV is an LG, it comes in a LG box. It is exactly the same TV you buy in Currys/Walmart (select your own budget Electrical retailer)  -  why would it start up with a B&O Logo?

It's literally an LG CX in a frame with a Stage. Nothing more, nothing less. No integration at all. No different from my LG GX + Stage combination!

Also, you don't get obvious LG logos or similar even on the CX/GX. It's fairly subtle.

However, like I said earlier in the discussion, 95% of people outside of this board would never know it isn't a B&O TV. It really does look seamless. The design is fairly impressive considering it's 3 separate components combined together. It's hard to know it's using the Stage. Just looks like a TV speaker. You don't see the Stage frame at all.

kawo
Top 500 Contributor
143 Posts
Bronze Member
kawo replied on Mon, Dec 14 2020 11:20 AM

agree, had the chance to see the set at my dealer the other day. Really nice looking kit! 

Maarten
Not Ranked
Belgium
26 Posts
Bronze Member

3 separate components? Does that mean 3 mains leads? Not really all in one system then! 😁

Page 18 of 19 (282 items) « First ... < Previous 15 16 17 18 19 Next > | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL