Newbie question - BeoSound 9000 MK2

rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 6 Replies | 2 Followers

kirby
Not Ranked
2 Posts
Bronze Member
kirby posted on Thu, Oct 22 2020 12:49 AM

Hello everyone!  New to the site and world of B&O - just purchased a BeoSound 9000 MK2 with a pair of BeoLab 8000 speakers - everything is working just fine.

My questions:

-Is it possible to connect the BeoLab 11 Subwoofer to this system?  If so, is there a special cable to get it connected?

-Read somewhere that a BeoLink can be added in order to connect speakers in another room (looking at the Beovox RL 2000 (6521) speakers)...just wondering if this is correct that a BeoLink can be added and if so, would these speakers be compatible?  Not sure if there are different models or types of BeoLink...

Any thoughts/suggestions would be most appreciated - thanks!

Kirby

All Replies

Daniel
Top 75 Contributor
Svinarp, Sweden
1,629 Posts
Bronze Member
Daniel replied on Thu, Oct 22 2020 9:33 AM

Hi, and welcome!

Great set you got, I have it myself!

No problems with BL 11. Just connect it to BS9000 with a power link (the same you have between BS9000 and BL8000. Connect BL8000 to BL11 instead to BS9000 and you’re ready to go.

Use masterlink cable between BS9000 and a BeoLink Passive and the connnect whatever passive speaker you want. If you want to use active speakers around the house use a BeoLink Active instead. Passive speakers from B&O are often named BeoVox, active speakers are named BeoLab. Good luck!

matador43
Top 75 Contributor
1,359 Posts
Bronze Member

Daniel:
Use masterlink cable between BS9000 and a BeoLink Passive and the connnect whatever passive speaker you want.

Hi. In this setup , does the Blink Passive need to have an eye or will this work as it (even if no local control on volume etc) ? Thank you.

Stoobietoo
Top 150 Contributor
Exeter, Devon, UK
675 Posts
Gold Member

Matador - At the very least,  I think you will need an eye attached to set the Beolink Passive to the correct "Option" for your setup. When I had my old Beovision 5, I ran a pair of Beovox Pentas from a Beolink Passive. I'm almost 100% sure I had to plug an eye in to set the option and after that I removed it and the volume was controlled at the same time with the TV speakers via the TV eye.

Kirby - If you want local control then you will need the eye whether you go down the Active or Passive route Daniel describes.

If you are not too worried about local control, it will probably be easier to buy Belolab (atctive) speakers and just run a long Powerlink cable to the room and then daisy chain the speakers. You may find the cost balances out when you factor in what you require for each setup. But if you have your heart set on certain speakers then that may not be an issue.

Stoobie

Daniel
Top 75 Contributor
Svinarp, Sweden
1,629 Posts
Bronze Member
Daniel replied on Thu, Oct 22 2020 11:33 AM

Forgot to mention the easiest way for MasterLink. Get a dedicated ML speaker, BL 2000 or BL 3500. Really great speakers, got several of them myself, and it’s just plug and play. No need for a BeoLink and they are sold for almost no money nowadays. BL 2000 can be operated without a remote.

Stoobietoo
Top 150 Contributor
Exeter, Devon, UK
675 Posts
Gold Member

Daniel:

Get a dedicated ML speaker, BL 2000 or BL 3500.

Good shout Daniel.

Both of those give local control too (and no need for an eye as they have it built in) !

I have a BL3500 and 3 BL2000's. I run the BL2000's with Beolink Wireless One's and use them out in the garden during the summer as all I need to do is plug them into a power socket.

Pics here

Stoobie

kirby
Not Ranked
2 Posts
Bronze Member
kirby replied on Thu, Oct 22 2020 4:29 PM

Thanks to all for the replies and guidance - really appreciate your time - so glad to have found this forum!!!

Kirby

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL