rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 8 Replies | 0 Followers

Manbearpig
Top 100 Contributor
908 Posts
Bronze Member
Manbearpig posted on Wed, Oct 21 2020 7:18 PM

Dear members,

I am trying to connect a VX7000 to an MX8000 with dolby digital module. No external speakers connected. While I do get a picture and the VX7000 seems to be working fine, there is absolutely no sound. Any idea what this lack of sound can be due to?

Thanks!

Greetings,

Kai

All Replies

lawrencejmcook
Top 150 Contributor
677 Posts
Founder
Is the SCART cable fully wired and properly inserted at both ends?
Manbearpig
Top 100 Contributor
908 Posts
Bronze Member

Hi there,

can't say for sure. Have tried two different Scart cables to no avail. Maybe they were both not fully wired? Are you sure that you need a fully wired one? How can you tell whether it is that or not?

Greetings,

Kai

Manbearpig
Top 100 Contributor
908 Posts
Bronze Member

There is cinch audio out on the VX7000. Can this be used to get sound to the MX8000? Sorry to be so lost here. I have had a similar issue with my DVD2 when connected to the old Avant. Scart didn't transport any sound and separate connection via jack had to be made. That did the trick then. But since the audio out of the VX7000 is analogue and the audio in on the MX8000 is digital, I would probably need a converter, wouldn't I?

Kai

lawrencejmcook
Top 150 Contributor
677 Posts
Founder
I used my VX7000 with my LX6000 and BV5. Both only needed a fully wired SCART cable. When using a fully wired cable, pressing PLAY on the VX7000 should cause the TV to turn on, select the right input and show the program (with sound).

I don’t know if your MX8000 has a separate selector for sound.

If you have a simple multi-meter with 2 probes you can check pins at opposite ends of the cable for continuity.

Yes, you should be able to connect video composite (yellow RCA plug), and left/right analog audio (white/red RCA plugs) between the two devices.
Manbearpig
Top 100 Contributor
908 Posts
Bronze Member

I am pretty sure that it is due to the DD module. A converter will be needed.

Thanks! Kai

lawrencejmcook
Top 150 Contributor
677 Posts
Founder
Kai, are you able to select “SPDIF = OFF” on the MX8000 input to which the VX is connected? I think my BV5 had that option.
Fritz
Top 500 Contributor
272 Posts
Bronze Member
Fritz replied on Thu, Oct 22 2020 2:10 AM

When using VX7000 and a MX 8000, a fully wired scart cable is needed, and connection to V.tape scart socket.if the MX 8000 has been fitted with Dolby Digital module 32 in the V.tape connection menu SPDIF socket A or B to be set to Off. No need for a converter.

Manbearpig
Top 100 Contributor
908 Posts
Bronze Member

Hi there,

makes a lot of sense. That is exactly what I did except for the SPDIF setting. I can't seem to find it. Whre is it supposed to be? I have looked everywhere and no entry where to disable SPDIF.

Thanks!

Kai

Page 1 of 1 (9 items) | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL