rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 23 Replies | 1 Follower

mseverg68
Not Ranked
Milano
22 Posts
Bronze Member
mseverg68 posted on Mon, Oct 12 2020 8:46 AM

Do you think it is possible to connect 4 beolabs + a BL11 to the core?

If yes, the performance is better or worse than if the same speakers are connected to the Eclipse for listening to music.

I ask this question because I would like to replace my Beovision 8-40 and I am undecided whether to buy the Eclispse or save money and get the GX + Stage + core. I know that in this second case I would lose 5.1. surround.

Thanks for your help

All Replies

Michael
Top 50 Contributor
Sweden
2,382 Posts
Bronze Member
mseverg68:

Do you think it is possible to connect 4 beolabs + a BL11 to the core?

If yes, the performance is better or worse than if the same speakers are connected to the Eclipse for listening to music.

I ask this question because I would like to replace my Beovision 8-40 and I am undecided whether to buy the Eclispse or save money and get the GX + Stage + core. I know that in this second case I would lose 5.1. surround.

Thanks for your help

I would wait and also email B&O feedback about a future stage with surround output pl. it could be done as a simpler soundcenter.

A core is simply for music and it would be possible to connect your speakers with splitters but I would wait a bit and see

What the future has to offer.

Beolab 50, Beolab 20, Beolab 8000 x 2, Beolab 4000 x 2, 
BeoSound Core, BeoSound 9000, BeoSound Century, 
BeoLit 15, BeoPlay A1, BeoPlay P2, BeoPlay H9i, BeoPlay H6, EarSet 3i, 
BeoVision Avant 55, BeoPlay V1-40, 
BeoCom 6000 and so much else :)  

mrCTE
Not Ranked
64 Posts
Bronze Member
mrCTE replied on Mon, Oct 12 2020 8:02 PM

Micheal - why do I get the distinct impression that this will be the long awaited Horizon V2 - i.e. not a Horizon. Crying

Mikipidia
Top 75 Contributor
1,571 Posts
Gold Member

your impression is offStick out tongue

no more horizon'sWink

New: Beovision Harmony, Beolab 50's, Beolab 18's, Beolab 17's, Beolab 3's, Beosound 9000 mk3, Beosound Stage & LG, Beosound 2, Beoplay M3, Beoplay A1, Beoplay H4 gen 2, Beoplay E8 3.0

Mikipedia on YouTube (finally Stick out tongue )

https://www.youtube.com/c/Mikipedia

Old: Beovision Eclipse, Beolab 1's, Beolab 2, Beovision 10-46, Overture 2300, beolab 8000's, Beolab 4000's, Beovision avant 32" etc. etc.

Stan
Top 150 Contributor
687 Posts
Bronze Member
Stan replied on Mon, Oct 12 2020 8:47 PM

The Eclipse has an advanced sound processing engine.  5.1 (up to 7.1), distance compensation, ability to set different sound profiles and speaker groups for different sources, WISA, etc.  The Eclipse can also send audio sound to NL devices (although, there's a slight delay - works best if the other speakers are in a different room).  It also has a motorized stand/wall mount if that's important.

The Core does stereo.  Your 5 speakers will not be involved with the reproduction of Dolby Atmos sound, only the Stage's in-built speakers.

There are always rumors about future products.  Some come true, some do not.

Stan

mseverg68
Not Ranked
Milano
22 Posts
Bronze Member
no more horizon ...Sleep

instead stage with connection for beolabs? should i wait?

Mikipidia
Top 75 Contributor
1,571 Posts
Gold Member

I don't know, what's the budget?! If you want a horizon, now is the time as they're ''cheap''

New: Beovision Harmony, Beolab 50's, Beolab 18's, Beolab 17's, Beolab 3's, Beosound 9000 mk3, Beosound Stage & LG, Beosound 2, Beoplay M3, Beoplay A1, Beoplay H4 gen 2, Beoplay E8 3.0

Old: Beovision Eclipse, Beolab 1's, Beolab 2, Beovision 10-46, Overture 2300, beolab 8000's, Beolab 4000's, Beovision avant 32" etc. etc.

mseverg68
Not Ranked
Milano
22 Posts
Bronze Member

My initial question is, to listen to music with 5 beolab (BL17,BL6002 and BL11)  is it better the Eclipse or the core? Because if the core is ok, to replace my tv, I could consider the GX and Stage.

Thank you.

Mikipidia
Top 75 Contributor
1,571 Posts
Gold Member
The eclipse and core are basically the same, unless you want to play high spec lessless as in over/more than 24bit 96khz.

mseverg68
Not Ranked
Milano
22 Posts
Bronze Member

Thanks Mikipidia.

What should I take to play more than 24bit 96khz ?

Barry Santini
Top 150 Contributor
New York
519 Posts
Bronze Member
mseverg68:

Thanks Mikipidia.

What should I take to play more than 24bit 96khz ?

Why would you want to?
mseverg68
Not Ranked
Milano
22 Posts
Bronze Member

I don't want to do that, but if Mikipidia says there is this possibility ... I'm curiousSmile

mseverg68
Not Ranked
Milano
22 Posts
Bronze Member

I don't want to do that, but if Mikipidia says there is this possibility ... I'm curiousSmile

Mikipidia
Top 75 Contributor
1,571 Posts
Gold Member
Beolab 5 or up, an avant/eclipse/harmony or 3rd party streamer capable, nas with those files or streaming service where you can check that.

And you need all of it, so i really wouldn’t bother. The core is basically perfect.

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
13,424 Posts
Bronze Member

mseverg68:

My initial question is, to listen to music with 5 beolab (BL17,BL6002 and BL11)  is it better the Eclipse or the core? Because if the core is ok, to replace my tv, I could consider the GX and Stage.

Thank you.

I get the impression that you think, that you can combine the Stage AND the Core.

These are both NetworkLink products and can work together as link products.

The Core is basicly for a set of 2 channel speakers aka stereo....unless you daisychain more speakers.....which still will give you 2 channel sound.

The Stage is - in addition to what the Core is - a sound center with e.g. hdmi inputs and the builtin speakers designed for immersive audio (through the Atmos Upmixer) and stereo/2.0. However there is no way of connecting additional speakers whatsoever.

If tou buy/change to the Stage, you won’t need the speakers mentioned (BL17, BL6002 and BL11).

The only (proper) way to use these is to have a sound center like with the Eclipse/Harmony or any ot the newer tv’s/BeoVisions.

.....or to wait for something to come, which might never come.

Like already mentioned here, with a proper setup/Eclipse you have lots of configuration options for best ways to listen to music.

Another solution would be to split the tv/video experience and the audio experience (in one room or two).

A GX with the Stage for tv and movies AND a Core with the BL17’s and (maybe, because hardly needed) the BL11, when you only want to listen to (2 channel) music.

Tip for this use case: Get a (secondhand) Essence MK2 and use that with the 6002 and the BL11 in yet another room.

MM

There is a tv - and there is a BV.

Page 1 of 2 (24 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL