Sign in   |  Join   |  Help

Can I use a Chromecast audio with Beoplay A6?

rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 6 Replies | 0 Followers

Irvine
Not Ranked
58 Posts
Bronze Member
Irvine posted on Mon, Oct 12 2020 1:48 AM

I have been having a devil of a time getting the Chromecast built-in function to work on my Beoplay A6.  I’ve been back-and-forth with Support for a very long time and they have eventually advised me simply to use airplay 2.  I cannot stream with my iPhone into Chromecast at all and my laptop only works intermittently with poor sound quality. I have reset the unit several times and have had no success. I enjoy using the chrome cast function and have now purchased a Chromecast audio dongle. Do you think it will work in the 3.5 mm Jack on the rear (bottom) of the basics? Any compatibility issues?

All Replies

laseralex
Top 500 Contributor
204 Posts
Gold Member

That's very odd -- I have a BeoPlay A6 that is used almost exclusively with Chromecast.

Perhaps it is a network connectivity issue?  Mine is sitting right next to a mesh router, so gets a wired connection which has been flawless.  You could try running a wire across the floor to your router to see if it works better in wired configuration.

The Chromecast Audio dongle will likely work, but then you have two different volume controls, which is always a hassle.

Sources: 2x Beosound Moment • 4x Beosound Essence Mk II
Speakers: 3x Beolab 8000 • 2x Beolab 6000 • 1x Beolab 3 • 3x Beolab 2
Integrated:  1x Beosound Level • 4x BeoPlay M5 • 1x BeoPlay A6
Control:  11x Essence Remote  • 1x Beoremote Halo

Irvine
Not Ranked
58 Posts
Bronze Member
Irvine replied on Mon, Oct 12 2020 5:27 AM

Thanks for the quick reply.  The unit is hard wired directly to the mesh router (Eero Pro) and Airplay 2 works flawlessly.  Can’t figure it out; if I power cycle, occasionally it works.  Love Chromecast, want the functionality.

ngnear
Top 500 Contributor
234 Posts
Bronze Member
ngnear replied on Mon, Oct 12 2020 1:54 PM
I had a Chromecast Audio dongle attached to a Beocenter 2300 through the Aux input for a while.

I found it very unreliable. I could change songs on my phone and it would show the new song on the phone but continue to play the old one through the dongle.

I had to go through the google home app to stop and start so that it would re-sync with whatever App I was playing the music through.

All in all a very low WAF which is why I gave up with it.

leosgonewild
Top 50 Contributor
Helsinki, Finland
2,249 Posts
Silver Member
Is it under warranty?

"You think we can slap some oak on this thing?"

Irvine
Not Ranked
58 Posts
Bronze Member
Irvine replied on Tue, Oct 13 2020 3:29 AM

Unfortunately, no. I don’t think that they’ve made the A6 for a very long time.  I actually had wanted to buy a second one and couldn’t find one. (At least from the dealer.) I found a Chromecast audio online on eBay and I should get it in a few days. I will give it a try. If it works, I will get the functionality that the unit should have had in the first place and will be much more convenient in my office.

leosgonewild
Top 50 Contributor
Helsinki, Finland
2,249 Posts
Silver Member
I run my WiFi at 2.4ghz. Could you try that?

You could also try to run it on a different channel.

Chromecast has been pretty stable for me in the years I have used it, but sometimes it just föcks up completely.

"You think we can slap some oak on this thing?"

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL