Beovision 8-32 freeview

rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 7 Replies | 0 Followers

kai
Top 500 Contributor
304 Posts
Bronze Member
kai posted on Sat, Oct 10 2020 10:39 PM

Question beovision 8-26, I have virgin v6 box going round the one of the freeview channels and works fine on the other bang and olufsen tvs. However on the bvis 8-26, i have perfect sound but no picture, tv has has been updated to latest software and the freeview module has been upgraded. Has anyone has this issue?

All Replies

lawrencejmcook
Top 150 Contributor
460 Posts
Founder
Is the Virgin box set to output 720p? I think the smaller BV8s are 720p only.
kai
Top 500 Contributor
304 Posts
Bronze Member
kai replied on Sun, Oct 11 2020 8:37 AM

Hi, thanks for the reply I never thought of that will give it a try

kai
Top 500 Contributor
304 Posts
Bronze Member
kai replied on Sun, Oct 18 2020 12:23 AM

I had the software updated and changed the resolution to 720p, still no picture but  perfect sound, all the other tv are working, I have put a cheap freeview box in and I get sound and picture, worst case i can put this in back of tv, any ideas why built in freeview wont work, both software on tv and freeviee have been updated 

lawrencejmcook
Top 150 Contributor
460 Posts
Founder
kai:

I had the software updated and changed the resolution to 720p

Where did you change the resolution to 720p?

On the Virgin V6 box? On the cheap freeview box? Other device?

kai:

I have put a cheap freeview box in and I get sound and picture

How did you connect the cheap freeview box to the BV8?

HDMI? SCART? Other?

kai:

any ideas why built in freeview wont work, both software on tv and freeviee have been updated

In your BV8’s TV TUNER menu, is TV TUNER set to ON and/or is DVB HD set to ON? (See page 24 of the User Guide).

(a) My recollection is that the TV TUNER is for analog transmissions only, not freeview; it is selected with the TV button.

(b) If you have had the DVB HD feature updated, you should select that with the DTV button (unless that button has been re-assigned to another source).

(c) Is your DVB HD module connected internally to the TV, or does it have an external HDMI plug that needs to be plugged in to one of the BV8’s HDMI sockets (like my BeoSystem 3)?
kai
Top 500 Contributor
304 Posts
Bronze Member
kai replied on Tue, Oct 20 2020 10:38 PM

Hi in answer to your question

Tv has been updated to latest software as has the freeview module. I don't use the hdmi as freeview is internal which i select with dtv, freeview is working. We have an hdmi modulator that is connected to the virgin, which allows me to tune in virgin to the freeview, this works on all tvs except the bvis 8-26. I can get sound but no picture. I did try and put the resolution down to 720p on virgin box but same issue

lawrencejmcook
Top 150 Contributor
460 Posts
Founder
I’m so sorry, Kai. I don’t know what an HDMI modulator is. From your description it sounds a bit like an HDMI matrix, of which I have no experience.

I would check whether your HDMI modulator is able to distribute 720p to your BV8 whilst simultaneously distributing 1080p to your other TVs. But this is speculation.

Hopefully someone more knowledgeable will be able to help you.
kai
Top 500 Contributor
304 Posts
Bronze Member
kai replied on Wed, Oct 21 2020 10:41 PM

Hey thanks for the reply, it simply allows yoirnto distribute hdmi via a freeview channel, i seeing it allows 720p output  failing that thits freeview box on the back of the tv

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL