Answered (Verified) This post has 1 verified answer | 129 Replies | 4 Followers

mr_anders_son
Top 75 Contributor
sweden
1,665 Posts
Founder
mr_anders_son posted on Thu, Oct 8 2020 10:07 AM

Amazing!!

https://www.bang-olufsen.com/en/speakers/beogram-4000c?variant=beogram-4000c-champagne-light%20oak

BeoVision Eclipse 55"...BeoLab 5 FRONT....BeoLab 4000 as REAR....BV5 HD....Beoplay V1-40....BV10-32....BC6-26....Beosound 9000....Beosound 1 New York edt....Beogram 4002....Beoplay M5....Beoplay M3....Beoremote Halo....BeoRemote One BT....Beo6....Beo4....Beo4 Cinema....BeoLink 7000....Serene....H95 Black LTD....H9i Rimowa....6 x H6....Form 1....U70...

Answered (Verified) Verified Answer

Mikipidia
Top 50 Contributor
2,025 Posts
Bronze Member
Verified by Irvine
As iam less familiar with a bg4000, what are the differences?

New: Beovision Harmony, Beolab 50's, Beolab 18's, Beolab 17's, Beolab 3's, Beosound 9000 mk3, Beosound Stage & LG, Beosound 2, Beoplay M3, Beoplay A1, Beoplay H4 gen 2, Beoplay E8 3.0

Mikipedia on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Mikipedia

mikipedi4 on Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/mikipedi4

Old: Beovision Eclipse, Beolab 1's, Beolab 2, Beovision 10-46, Overture 2300, beolab 8000's, Beolab 4000's, Beovision avant 32" etc. etc.

All Replies

Dillen
Top 10 Contributor
Copenhagen / Denmark
12,988 Posts
Founder
Dillen replied on Tue, Oct 20 2020 6:19 PM

Beogram 1000 was the first record deck to be given the name "Beogram".
Before it was the 606,607,608,609 and the 41V, 41VF,42V and 42VF.
Before them came all the Unitape models, all the S-type furnitures and lots of Radiograms and record deck chassis' for building in to existing furnitures.
If we go way back, Bjarnes 5-Lamper radiogram (year 1932) was one of the first (the record deck was also available separately):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zBprBNv-JYI  

Martin

Ditlev
Not Ranked
58 Posts
Bronze Member
Ditlev replied on Wed, Oct 21 2020 12:32 PM

after calling around and around I managed to buy one from a dealer in Denmark. SO, there is still a chance with a bit of persistence. Delivery in December though.

AdamS
Top 200 Contributor
351 Posts
Gold Member
AdamS replied on Wed, Oct 21 2020 1:08 PM

matador43:

Some young designers (or so called…) like to design weird looking object with unreal specs and stick a B&O logo on it.
But most of the time they lack the very essence of what B&O design is or was.

This deck is nothing B&O to me.

Whilst I do completely agree with you, I have to say......................I quite like it nonetheless!

Emil Jensen
Top 150 Contributor
Denmark
737 Posts
Bronze Member

Ditlev:

after calling around and around I managed to buy one from a dealer in Denmark. SO, there is still a chance with a bit of persistence. Delivery in December though.

Wow great Lets have a Party !!!

Beovision Harmony 77" 2nd Gen, Beolab 5, Beolab 17, Beosound 1, Beoplay M3, Beoplay H6, Beoplay Earset, Beoliving Intelligence 

Peter
Top 10 Contributor
Earsdon
11,991 Posts
Founder

Just surprised they did not go all the way and go for 4001 - and copy the original! Big Smile

However , although it is not a 4000, which is my favourite, I think it is great to see B&O taking an interest in their back catalogue. Not sure what else they can do though as most audio mediums are obsolete as streaming in the way forward and they have plenty of devices to do this with. Getting one to work really well will be a start - I gave my Beocound 2 to one of my patients as it annoyed me so much! He likes it though!

Peter

Menahem Yachad
Top 75 Contributor
Jerusalem, Israel
1,238 Posts
Bronze Member

There's no fun for me with this new unit, no matter the price.

The pleasures of working on these doing a full restoration, far outweigh the pleasures of owning one!

All the work has already been done!

I own both the BG4000 and the 4002 DC (and the BG3000 70's version). All Fully Restored, pristine showpieces, I love looking at them (and listening to them), but I still get much more excited every time I receive a customer's BG for a restoration.

I'd like to see what's under the covers - what they changed, and what stayed the same.

Are these the AC or DC motor versions? 

When I was a youngster, I drooled at the fabulous new BG1000 in the local dealer showroom.

Later, I started working as an apprentice technician at that dealer.

I couldn't afford any of the equipment until many years later, but as a technician, I worked though my desires by caressing the insides of those incredibly beautiful machines, and then discovered that I didn't NEED to actually own each and every model!

matador43
Top 75 Contributor
1,353 Posts
Bronze Member

Menahem Yachad:

There's no fun for me with this new unit, no matter the price.

I can't agree on that specific quote. I would like to have one, maybe just because the B&O marketing an that launch was very good.

BUT

on all the rest of your post, totally agree and love your story.

leosgonewild
Top 50 Contributor
Helsinki, Finland
2,296 Posts
Silver Member
I saw this unit in the store today. What a disappointment.

Wasn’t the aluminum supposed tobeanodized to champagne color? Besides from the wood it looked as the 4004 I had before.

"You think we can slap some oak on this thing?"

matador43
Top 75 Contributor
1,353 Posts
Bronze Member

leosgonewild:
I saw this unit in the store today. What a disappointment.

Wasn’t the aluminum supposed tobeanodized to champagne color? Besides from the wood it looked as the 4004 I had before.

Hi Leo,

Could you elaborate a little please? Or maybe did you even take a shot or two?

Peter
Top 10 Contributor
Earsdon
11,991 Posts
Founder
Peter replied on Sun, Jan 24 2021 1:38 PM

I have to confess that I think there is too much negativity here! The 4000c is a very limited run of remanufactured record players and will no doubt sound as good as any of its forebears. It keeps the looks of the 400x decks but has been made with more modern components. I agree with Martin that it is not a 4000, and personally I prefer the looks of the 4000, but they are within their rights to call it what they like - let's face it, there were 4 completely different Beogram 3000 models and we don't complain about that. I think it splendid that B&O have looked their back catalogue and there has been a general clamour for some time for a record player. Maybe the fact that this sold out so quickly is an indication that they might consider developing a new one.

I have three 400x decks - including a 4000 - and all sound great. I suppose they did not use the 4000 as the base for the 4000c as it was the oldest and most complex with the later models being simplified with no real detriment to the sound quality. The incusion of a RIAA board was also a feature of the 4002 and 6000 and was not seen in the 4000, where I think it would struggle to find room!

Peter

leosgonewild
Top 50 Contributor
Helsinki, Finland
2,296 Posts
Silver Member
There was no champagne color to metal. It was the same color as original. The unit actually had multiple imperfections in metal, and at least one in wood. The metal on the lid was bent on the corner.

It did not look at all like it does in the promo picture.

I mean, you can tweak the color a bit, but you can’t tweak it to a total different color.

I see o the website that there is no mention of champagne color anymore. I am quite sure it was before?

matador43
Top 75 Contributor
1,353 Posts
Bronze Member

leosgonewild:
It did not look at all like it does in the promo picture.

Are you sure it was a 4000C and not a DIY 4002 turned 4000c?

leosgonewild
Top 50 Contributor
Helsinki, Finland
2,296 Posts
Silver Member
I specifically asked about this, and the answer was no. It had a fairly low serial number( range 001-010 )

It had the smmc, and all the other engravings. The control pad was also black.

matador43
Top 75 Contributor
1,353 Posts
Bronze Member

Thank you for the additional details.

Then I'm disappointed: apart from all the philosophical talks about "does it wort or not the price" and " is it or not a true Beogram", I ended up finding it beautiful, especially de light gold color with the light wood plinth.

And it would be sad to see that the unit is not as beutifull in the flesh that in the pictures.

Carolpa
Top 75 Contributor
1,516 Posts
Bronze Member

matador43:
Then I'm disappointed
Shouldn't you have experienced it personally first?

I haven't seen it in reallity. I haven't heard it! So for me impossible to compare the BG4000c with my BG4002 and/or BG6000.

That said I do have my opinion about the price and looks.

Page 7 of 9 (130 items) « First ... < Previous 5 6 7 8 9 Next > | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL