Answered (Verified) This post has 1 verified answer | 129 Replies | 4 Followers

mr_anders_son
Top 75 Contributor
sweden
1,665 Posts
Founder
mr_anders_son posted on Thu, Oct 8 2020 10:07 AM

Amazing!!

https://www.bang-olufsen.com/en/speakers/beogram-4000c?variant=beogram-4000c-champagne-light%20oak

BeoVision Eclipse 55"...BeoLab 5 FRONT....BeoLab 4000 as REAR....BV5 HD....Beoplay V1-40....BV10-32....BC6-26....Beosound 9000....Beosound 1 New York edt....Beogram 4002....Beoplay M5....Beoplay M3....Beoremote Halo....BeoRemote One BT....Beo6....Beo4....Beo4 Cinema....BeoLink 7000....Serene....H95 Black LTD....H9i Rimowa....6 x H6....Form 1....U70...

Answered (Verified) Verified Answer

Mikipidia
Top 50 Contributor
2,020 Posts
Bronze Member
Verified by Irvine
As iam less familiar with a bg4000, what are the differences?

New: Beovision Harmony, Beolab 50's, Beolab 18's, Beolab 17's, Beolab 3's, Beosound 9000 mk3, Beosound Stage & LG, Beosound 2, Beoplay M3, Beoplay A1, Beoplay H4 gen 2, Beoplay E8 3.0

Mikipedia on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Mikipedia

mikipedi4 on Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/mikipedi4

Old: Beovision Eclipse, Beolab 1's, Beolab 2, Beovision 10-46, Overture 2300, beolab 8000's, Beolab 4000's, Beovision avant 32" etc. etc.

All Replies

Sandyb
Top 50 Contributor
2,093 Posts
Bronze Member

People buy 100 million GBP apartments in prime central London.

Just because the appartments sell, doesn't mean the prices aren't absurd.

Its not as if these refurbished 10k turntables will be worth 20k in ten years time.

So yes, if they sell all 95, they will feel justified, but doesnt stop the prices being absurd.

ngnear:
Sandyb:

Looks very nice, but 10,000 euros is absurd.

Only if they don’t sell them all at that price.

If they do it’s good marketing.

Dillen
Top 10 Contributor
Copenhagen / Denmark
12,988 Posts
Founder

lawrencejmcook:
Dillen:

So now that nicotine color that I've spend hours cleaning off countless units, is now called Champagne as the latest fashion? Brings my mind back to all the 1960s and 1970s homes where everyone smoked all the time. Intended or nicotine, it still looks horrible. I can almost smell it.

Martin

Also, Martin, if they’re getting 10 kEUR each, you need to up your prices! πŸ˜„

And hold back on the cleaning. Ick!

Martin

AnalogPlanet
Top 150 Contributor
Vienna, Austria
646 Posts
Bronze Member

The topic is never what is the asking price, but rather what is the selling price. And so we will see, I guess relatively soon, was it sold out at 10K.

I personally need to save momey to even consider a pair of Beolab 18 and am not ashamed of that, but also not frustrated that someone might comfortably pay for a 4000c Champagne. ;) As a matter of fact, I admire this commercial-social experiment by B&O.

Schletti82
Top 500 Contributor
125 Posts
Bronze Member
Suggested by Schletti82

I am shoked. Did. they don‘t know their own produkts?

They speak of a Beogram 4000, but Even on the photos of their restorarion you see the old Beogram 4002.

A Little Bit funny but why not.

the 4000 is a real classic Player and in many ways different to a 4002.

Not only optical. 
Funny thing! 

kongen22
Not Ranked
9 Posts
Bronze Member

Jeg er fuldstændig enig med dig. De gamle trænsamlinger var meget smukkere og alt det sorte er forkert. 

kongen22
Not Ranked
9 Posts
Bronze Member

Jeg er fuldstændig enig med dig. De gamle trænsamlinger var meget smukkere og alt det sorte er forkert. 

Schletti82
Top 500 Contributor
125 Posts
Bronze Member
Suggested by Schletti82

Maybe I should recreate some real BG 4000 and put an internal RIAA inside.

give him a new wood shape and the box I think I can do tooπŸ˜‚

maybe a good Idea would be I recreat a Beolab 5000 and Beomaster 5000 for it and give it the same wooden frame.

think oak would be beautiful.

and I can sell the hole system for 10000€πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ™ˆπŸ™ˆπŸ™ˆ

Dillen
Top 10 Contributor
Copenhagen / Denmark
12,988 Posts
Founder

Could we take a guess at which one of their back catalogue units they will be "recreating" one hundred of in five years?
Perhaps Beomaster 4400 (and call it Beomaster 3000c and give it a rose-pink tint)?

Martin

StKong
Top 500 Contributor
Copenhagen
318 Posts
Bronze Member
Dillen:

Could we take a guess at which one of their back catalogue units they will be "recreating" one hundred of in five years?

Perhaps Beomaster 4400 (and call it Beomaster 3000c and give it a rose-pink tint)?

πŸ˜ƒ
lawrencejmcook
Top 150 Contributor
632 Posts
Founder
Dillen:

Could we take a guess at which one of their back catalogue units they will be "recreating" one hundred of in five years? Perhaps Beomaster 4400 (and call it Beomaster 3000c and give it a rose-pink tint)?

Martin

My vote would be for the BeoMaster 6000 quad. The β€œbuttons” could then match the 4000c.

And the top surface could have a smoked rose-pink tint πŸ˜„
kuyttendaele
Top 150 Contributor
693 Posts
Bronze Member

Costwise.. I wonder how much margine they make on a set of 10.000€. Taking in account the manhours for searching for the units, the design of the cabinet, design of wood for the unit, totally restoring/resolding/marketing/.. I have a slight feeling that they're not going to make much profit even if the sets are 10.000€

Karel.

GaSelle
Not Ranked
16 Posts
Bronze Member

I have a 4000/4002 in need for some love in my garage. Guess I will have to call them and see, if I can get 1000-2000€ for it :)

No, I really like the idea, that they are creating a "new" turntable. I would love it even more if they did a new and AFFORDABLE turnbtable instead; I think there would be a market for it. 

StKong
Top 500 Contributor
Copenhagen
318 Posts
Bronze Member
kuyttendaele:

Costwise.. I wonder how much margine they make on a set of 10.000€. Taking in account the manhours for searching for the units, the design of the cabinet, design of wood for the unit, totally restoring/resolding/marketing/.. I have a slight feeling that they're not going to make much profit even if the sets are 10.000€

My thoughts exactly.

And that counts for the limited blue colour version of the Beosound 1 as well.

The marketing costs alone far outweigh the profits of that one. Not counting all other costs.

A larger strategic perspective must be at play here.
kuyttendaele
Top 150 Contributor
693 Posts
Bronze Member

StKong:
kuyttendaele:

My thoughts exactly.

The marketing costs alone far outweigh the profits of that one. Not counting all other costs.

Don't get me wrong. I think it's fantastic that they're doing it. And the set looks extra ordinary! But it's not going to get them out of their not that good financial situation.

kuyttendaele
Top 150 Contributor
693 Posts
Bronze Member

StKong:
kuyttendaele:

My thoughts exactly.

Don't get me wrong. I think it's fantastic that they're doing it. And the set looks extra ordinary! But it's not going to get them out of their not that good financial situation.

Page 3 of 9 (130 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last Β» | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL