Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 7 Replies | 0 Followers

pepps
Top 500 Contributor
Kent, UK
110 Posts
Bronze Member
pepps posted on Tue, Sep 29 2020 12:35 PM

Hi Beoworlders,

Quick question: which Beolab speakers are suited best to rear surround effects in a 5.1 set-up?

I've set up my BV7 32 with Beolab 7.1 as centre, Beolab Penta Mk2 as mains and am looking to buy some suitable rear speakers.

Are the Beolab 6000s actually any good? They're so lovely and discreet, but I can't help but worry they won't be up to much for loud films.
I'm also considering looking for a set of Beolab 3000 (flat panel) - any thoughts on these?

Any comments appreciated,

Julian

All Replies

oli
Top 500 Contributor
Southeast of France
111 Posts
Bronze Member
oli replied on Tue, Sep 29 2020 12:56 PM

I have 6002 as rear with Beolab 5 as front and 7.6 as center. I had to decrease the speaker level output of the BL5 in the BV7-55 settings to improve the speech clarity coming from the 7.6, and my 6002 are too distant in the back, but even in this configuration the 6002 are doing the job.

leosgonewild
Top 50 Contributor
2,075 Posts
Bronze Member
When I had my BV7-40 with BL7.4 as center, I had Pentas as front and rear. Highly recommended. It will literally blow you away.
pepps
Top 500 Contributor
Kent, UK
110 Posts
Bronze Member
pepps replied on Tue, Sep 29 2020 7:00 PM
oli:

I have 6002 as rear with Beolab 5 as front and 7.6 as center. I had to decrease the speaker level output of the BL5 in the BV7-55 settings to improve the speech clarity coming from the 7.6, and my 6002 are too distant in the back, but even in this configuration the 6002 are doing the job.

Thanks @Oli I appreciate the comments. Given the punch those Beolab 5's can deliver I'm impressed that the 6002s hold their own.

Definitely worth holding out for mk2 versions then?

(Whatever I get will be replacing a pair of Celestion Ditton 44s as these will now be paired with a Beosystem 5000 (midi-style). I'm already accepting the fact there won't be much rumble from the back two anymore.)
pepps
Top 500 Contributor
Kent, UK
110 Posts
Bronze Member
pepps replied on Tue, Sep 29 2020 7:02 PM
leosgonewild:

When I had my BV7-40 with BL7.4 as center, I had Pentas as front and rear. Highly recommended. It will literally blow you away.

@leosgonewild Now that, dear fellow, would be incredible. And I hadn't actually considered that as an option. Wow!
Mikipidia
Top 75 Contributor
1,591 Posts
Gold Member
The bv will filter the bass away to the most capable speakers anyway. So for movies this is excellent, but don’t expect for the 6002’s to fully keep up in speaker 4 Stick out tongue they’ll do their best in that situationBig Smile

New: Beovision Harmony, Beolab 50's, Beolab 18's, Beolab 17's, Beolab 3's, Beosound 9000 mk3, Beosound Stage & LG, Beosound 2, Beoplay M3, Beoplay A1, Beoplay H4 gen 2, Beoplay E8 3.0

Mikipedia on YouTube (finally Stick out tongue )

https://www.youtube.com/c/Mikipedia

Old: Beovision Eclipse, Beolab 1's, Beolab 2, Beovision 10-46, Overture 2300, beolab 8000's, Beolab 4000's, Beovision avant 32" etc. etc.

pepps
Top 500 Contributor
Kent, UK
110 Posts
Bronze Member
pepps replied on Tue, Oct 20 2020 12:51 PM
Update: So I bit the bullet and scored a nice pair of Beolab 6000s last night. After giving them a clean and straightening the fret clips I set them up and put a dvd copy of Baby Driver into the Beovision.

Wow!

The speed of the effect steering is excellent compared to surround systems I've had in the past. To finally have a one-make Dolby Digital sound system is amazing Big Smile

I found out the brilliant party trick of the BV too; using the Beo4 to move the sound from speaker to speaker (in speaker 4 mode)! This is too cool for school!

Love how the BV sends the low frequencies to the Pentas and keeps the mid and treble with the 6000s too. Very cool and not something I've experienced before.

So as is often written in this forum, "I should have done this years ago!" Big Smile
Michael
Top 50 Contributor
Sweden
2,425 Posts
Bronze Member
Glad to hear 600x works well.

I use 8000s and they are beneficial also in looks and the slightly higher placed tweeter. Above my high sofa.

They also get to play stereo sound sometimes as they are opposite of my kitchen so the sound from the surround speakers actually play into the kitchen. I either use just them or quad stereo with the fronts.

Beolab 50, Beolab 20, Beolab 8000 x 2, Beolab 4000 x 2, 
BeoSound Core, BeoSound 9000, BeoSound Century, 
BeoLit 15, BeoPlay A1, BeoPlay P2, BeoPlay H9i, BeoPlay H6, EarSet 3i, 
BeoVision Avant 55, BeoPlay V1-40, 
BeoCom 6000 and so much else :)  

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL