beosound 35

rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 35 Replies | 2 Followers

bwest1000
Not Ranked
51 Posts
Gold Member
bwest1000 posted on Thu, Sep 10 2020 11:41 PM

The price has crept down on the secondary market, and it appears some are still available from dealers.  With a price around 2k, is the beosound 35 worth it?  I know " worth it " is such a tough question, but it seems like since the time it came out that it was an overall unpopular speaker.  Was it unpopular because it was bad or was it unpopular because it wasn't worth the price?  Thanks.

All Replies

petermc
Top 500 Contributor
Australia
128 Posts
Founder
We bought a BS35 earlier this year for around $1450 aud which I thought was a good price. Put it in the kitchen to replace a BL3500. Very impressed with it and the sound it produces.

Got another for the bathroom at June sales and it was less than the cost of a Core. Thought was an excellent price.

Maybe at $4000 it was expensive but for just over a quarter of that it is good value.

No regrets on the purchases at all.

Peter
Aussie Michael
Top 25 Contributor
Melbourne, AU
3,696 Posts
Gold Member

$1450 is a good price, i would have picked one up at that i reckon 

beolion
Top 200 Contributor
482 Posts
Gold Member
Aussie Michael:

$1450 is a good price, i would have picked one up at that i reckon

Me too. I love the BS35, just not the price.

And it has Spotify Connect.
CB
Top 75 Contributor
> You are Here <
1,744 Posts
Gold Member
CB replied on Fri, Sep 11 2020 3:35 PM
I miss my BS35...

It inspires me a kind of horizontal Beolab 8000 assembly Smile
bwest1000
Not Ranked
51 Posts
Gold Member

Thanks for the responses y’all. Where’d you find it for under $1500?

Hyponx
Not Ranked
24 Posts
Gold Member
Hyponx replied on Fri, Sep 11 2020 11:11 PM

One question that comes to mind (and that likely fueled the 35's rapid depreciation) is how it compares to the Beosound Stage which at least at a glance possess many more drivers and much more connectivity/capability than the 35's while having an MSRP of roughly 50% of the 35.

Even at brand new pricing it is within striking distance of the used 35 pricing. Might be worth considering if the Stage is a better choice.

petermc
Top 500 Contributor
Australia
128 Posts
Founder
bwest1000:

Thanks for the responses y’all. Where’d you find it for under $1500?

At the dealer.

Where are you located?
bwest1000
Not Ranked
51 Posts
Gold Member

Southeastern US

bwest1000
Not Ranked
51 Posts
Gold Member

Southeastern US

petermc
Top 500 Contributor
Australia
128 Posts
Founder
petermc replied on Sat, Sep 12 2020 10:52 PM
It was marked down at the June sales here in Australia.

You could give your dealer a call and see if the you can do something for you?
bwest1000
Not Ranked
51 Posts
Gold Member

So it dropped to about 1700 USD, so I pulled the trigger on it. It’s so buggy. I can’t get any of the digital services to work except the Bluetooth. Won’t airplay. Won’t chrome cast. Continues to unpair from the network. Won’t stay present in B&O app. I’m glad this isn’t my first product or else I’d be very concerned. Stage worked great right out of the box. I’m going to reset the 35 and do all the diagnostic stuff, but my first impression is pretty poor. 

Antonius Robin Iriawan
Not Ranked
Jakarta, Indonesia
80 Posts
Bronze Member

bwest1000:

The price has crept down on the secondary market, and it appears some are still available from dealers.  With a price around 2k, is the beosound 35 worth it?  I know " worth it " is such a tough question, but it seems like since the time it came out that it was an overall unpopular speaker.  Was it unpopular because it was bad or was it unpopular because it wasn't worth the price?  Thanks.

As an owner of the BS 35, I can tell you that it is a good product. It sounds fantastic for what it is and although it may look similar to a soundbar, it still attracts attention when my family visits me.

I admit that few people consider the 35. In my country, Indonesia, people think it is too wide. They can buy the 2 and they will still be impressed by the sound. When I first used it in September 2017, it was not really a good experience. The Bang & Olufsen app experienced plenty of bugs and it was not really a reliable app. However, through a lot of software updates, it becomes far more reliable. The price was also an issue as well. In Jakarta, without discount, the price was almost 3000 EUR. However, the store gave me a huge discount so that the price became 2375 EUR, similar in European countries.

In conclusion, it was unpopular because of the software, the size, and the pricing. But don't forget, it sounds immaculate and it still turns head even if it may look like a soundbar. With a price around 2k, it is worth the price. The BS 35 sounds full and fills the room with great sound. The Bang & Olufsen app has improved substantially. I'd recommend it to you

Best Regards, Mit freundlichen Grüßen, 감사합니다
Antonius Robin Iriawan, 로빈 올림

Beosound 35, Beoplay H5, and Beoplay Earset 3i

bwest1000
Not Ranked
51 Posts
Gold Member

Yeah, I got it. Now it’s playing from an unknown source 🤦🏻‍♂️  Really don’t know where it’s playing from.  It says SoundCloud, but I turned the source off and it kept playing.  Says it on the network when I check my router but not when I check on my phone.  

Every time I leave the network I have to reset the whole thing.

Does it pair with google home? 

it does sound great.  

bwest1000
Not Ranked
51 Posts
Gold Member

I know I am replying to my own post, but wow.  I have reset this thing a dozen times today.  I feel like I am losing my mind.  35 quickly loses network connection.  Says from the phone app that it is no longer available on the network.  I am just going to have to call support.  Luckily I bought it new from a dealer so it is under warranty.  What I need it to do is a hard reset - factory settings, but it only does a soft reset.  Current software is 1.22 something, but I can't get the 35 back up on my app to check.  So frustrating.  I can't imagine how I would feel if I had bought it at full price, original software, 4 years ago. 

Page 1 of 3 (36 items) 1 2 3 Next > | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL