Sign in   |  Join   |  Help

BeoVision 7-40 MK5, faded/blank picture with sound.

rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 3 Replies | 1 Follower

Jaymorgan25
Not Ranked
10 Posts
Bronze Member
Jaymorgan25 posted on Sun, Sep 6 2020 1:38 PM

Afternoon all. I have a BeoVision 7 which has recently developed a strange intermittent fault. When turning the TV on, I can see the curtains open, and the picture displays for a few seconds, but extremely dim. Before the curtains fully open, the screen has gone totally black, but I am still getting sound. 

Turning the TV off and on a few times has it come to life normally. The colder the TV, the more power cycles it takes to get working. If it’s been off for an hour, it will take 1 or 2, but first thing in the morning I can try for 10 or so minutes.

Video of this happening here  https://youtu.be/oJojyhA-FpQ  

Does anyone have any ideas? B&O have been contacted, but I would rather take care of it myself if it’s a setting or cabling problem.

Thank you.  

All Replies

Jaymorgan25
Not Ranked
10 Posts
Bronze Member

Anyone? Anything? I can’t be the only one with this fault can I?

More footage here https://youtu.be/XZnrYN0nqCk

Thank you.  

jvezina
Top 500 Contributor
176 Posts
Gold Member

Looks like a backlight problem. The backlight circuitry is quite stressed and more prone to fail than the rest. If you are not skilled in repairing electronics, this is a job for a technician:

Three possible causes of the problem:

1- The power supply of the TV. It is no longer able to supply enough current to the backlight circuit.

2- The PIM (Panel Interface Module) PCB where the backlight is controlled.

3- Embedded electronics of the LCD panel itself (short circuits in the LEDs, etc). This problem is the worst as the entire panel will have to be replaced.

Good luck,

Jean

Jaymorgan25
Not Ranked
10 Posts
Bronze Member

Hi. 

Thank you.  

The  B&O tech wants to sell me a 2nd hand TV as the solution, so it’s something I would have to repair myself. 

Is there anything I can do to narrow down the possible cause? If it was the backlight, why is only half the panel displaying a picture?

Thank you.  

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL