rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 4 Replies | 1 Follower

Jerrild
Not Ranked
2 Posts
Bronze Member
Jerrild posted on Thu, Aug 27 2020 8:37 PM

Hi, Just a different question,

I'm making a "Smart" house" and there I could well think myself to get eg "samsung motion sensor" to control the music in my bathrooms, it's about B&O M3 /M5 so that people come into the bathroom then turn on the music, can this be done.

Hilsen Carsten

Moment, Beosound 35, Beosound 1 M3, M5, Beolab 17,  E8, E8I, E9

All Replies

Seanie_230
Top 50 Contributor
UK
2,236 Posts
Bronze Member
Jerrild:

Hi, Just a different question,

I'm making a "Smart" house" and there I could well think myself to get eg "samsung motion sensor" to control the music in my bathrooms, it's about B&O M3 /M5 so that people come into the bathroom then turn on the music, can this be done.

Hilsen Carsten

Moment, Beosound 35, Beosound 1 Beosound 3, Beosound 5, Beolab 17, E8, E8I, E9

Hello there

Only from memory I think the Philips hue motion sensor could trigger a macro on the BLI to activate a source.

Best bet will be to post in the forum home automation or email the guys at Khimo for advise.

Do you have the BLGW or BLI?

S

Eclipse 65
V1-32
Beosound M5
Essence MK2
BLI

Jerrild
Not Ranked
2 Posts
Bronze Member
Jerrild replied on Thu, Aug 27 2020 10:55 PM

Hi

I only have Phillips Hue, and Samsung smart things, but i Can see that i have to look closer to BLGW,  dies the BLGW have the Zigbee system or....

Hilsen Carsten

Moment, Beosound 35, Beosound 1 M3, M5, Beolab 17,  E8, E8I, E9

Seanie_230
Top 50 Contributor
UK
2,236 Posts
Bronze Member
Hello

The BLGW talks to the Hue Bridge via the Ethernet network rather than Zigbee.

I would just check if the Philips hue motion sensor can trigger macro’s and i cannot be 100% sure

Eclipse 65
V1-32
Beosound M5
Essence MK2
BLI

beojeff
Top 50 Contributor
USA
1,954 Posts
Bronze Member

I use the Lutron occupancy/vacancy sensor as a trigger in BLGW. The Lutron sensor is FAR better than the Hue one. I stopped using the Hue sensor with Hue lights because it would often give inaccurate results of occupancy/vacancy and leave me sitting in the dark. I don't believe that the Hue sensor can be used with BLGW. However, the RadioRa2 driver for the BLGW should work with the cheaper Caseta Lutron system.

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL