Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 87 Replies | 0 Followers

mr_anders_son
Top 75 Contributor
sweden
1,688 Posts
Founder
mr_anders_son posted on Thu, Aug 27 2020 11:49 AM

First 1-95 edt engraved

https://www.bang-olufsen.com/en/headphones/beoplay-h95?variant=beoplay-h95-black

BeoVision Eclipse 55"...BeoLab 5 FRONT....BeoLab 4000 as REAR....BV5 HD....Beoplay V1-40....BV10-32....BC6-26....Beosound 9000....Beosound 1 New York edt....Beogram 4002....Beoplay M5....Beoplay M3....Beoremote Halo....BeoRemote One BT....Beo6....Beo4....Beo4 Cinema....BeoLink 7000....Serene....H95 Black LTD....H9i Rimowa....6 x H6....Form 1....U70...

All Replies

Esax
Top 500 Contributor
319 Posts
Bronze Member
Esax replied on Fri, Sep 11 2020 7:55 PM
Feedback to b&o.

Beovision 7-55 MK1 red, Beolab 10 red. Beolab 50, all black. Beolab 17 broken ice. Beolab transmitter. Apple tv4 and apple express 2.

Jaffrey2230
Top 150 Contributor
Washington DC
515 Posts
Bronze Member

I reserved the black one. The silver one is available in the US. Looking forward to it!

B&O in my life 😊: 

• Beolab 8002 + Beolab 2 + Beosound Core with Essence Remote (Office)
  • Beolab 6000 + Beolab 11 + Beosound Core with Essence Remote (Bedroom)
  • Beoplay A9 Mk2 (Living Room)
  • Beosound 1 with wireless dock (Portable)
  • Beosound Balance (Dining)
  • Beoplay H95 (Focused listening, travel)
  • Beoplay H9 (3rd gen) (retired)
  • Beoplay P6 (Portable)
  • Beotime wall clock (hallway entrance)
  • BMW X5 50i with B&O Audio Package (Commute/drive)

Mikipidia
Top 50 Contributor
2,078 Posts
Bronze Member
Esax:

Oh my god was john in manchester wrong about the h95!!! Beovision 7-55 MK1 red, Beolab 10 red. Beolab 50, all black. Beolab 17 broken ice. Beolab transmitter. Apple tv4 and apple express 2.

Bait? Or what’s going on?

New: Beovision Harmony, Beolab 50's, Beolab 28's, Beolab 18's, Beolab 17's, Beosound Stage & LG, Beosound 2, Beoplay M3, Beoplay A1, Beoplay Portal, Beoplay H4 gen 2, Beoplay E8 3.0

Mikipedia on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Mikipedia

Mikipedi4 on Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/mikipedi4

Mikipedia on Intagram: https://www.instagram.com/mikipedi4/

Old: Beosound 9000 mk3, Beolab 3's, Beovision Eclipse, Beolab 1's, Beolab 2, Beovision 10-46, Overture 2300, beolab 8000's, Beolab 4000's, Beovision avant 32" etc. etc.

vlohjr1
Top 150 Contributor
521 Posts
Bronze Member
Has anybody used this for TCs and how is the mic for speech, is it clear? Thanks
Esax
Top 500 Contributor
319 Posts
Bronze Member
Esax replied on Sat, Sep 12 2020 9:25 AM
After a bottle of whiskey and several glasses of wine I find out something interested.

When you listen to headphones, it sounds like the sound is in the middle of your head. When listening to beoplay h95, the sound is over your head. The funny thing is that if you turn the headphones so you have the bow in front of your eyes, the sound comes from the front.

Beovision 7-55 MK1 red, Beolab 10 red. Beolab 50, all black. Beolab 17 broken ice. Beolab transmitter. Apple tv4 and apple express 2.

mbee
Top 75 Contributor
Paris, France
1,823 Posts
Bronze Member
mbee replied on Sat, Sep 12 2020 7:46 PM

@Esax: wow! That must be the Dolby Wine effect!!

Esax
Top 500 Contributor
319 Posts
Bronze Member
Esax replied on Sun, Sep 13 2020 1:29 AM
mbee:

@Esax: wow! That must be the Dolby Wine effect!!

diisign.com

Try it, you may like it

Jaffrey2230
Top 150 Contributor
Washington DC
515 Posts
Bronze Member

The sound comes from the band vs the headphones? Strange.

B&O in my life 😊: 

• Beolab 8002 + Beolab 2 + Beosound Core with Essence Remote (Office)
  • Beolab 6000 + Beolab 11 + Beosound Core with Essence Remote (Bedroom)
  • Beoplay A9 Mk2 (Living Room)
  • Beosound 1 with wireless dock (Portable)
  • Beosound Balance (Dining)
  • Beoplay H95 (Focused listening, travel)
  • Beoplay H9 (3rd gen) (retired)
  • Beoplay P6 (Portable)
  • Beotime wall clock (hallway entrance)
  • BMW X5 50i with B&O Audio Package (Commute/drive)

beoberlin
Not Ranked
26 Posts
Bronze Member

Will be interesting to see, how the H95 will (or can?) compete with the new Apple AirPods Max now they're out:
https://www.apple.com/airpods-max/
And if B&O can keep their pricepoint.

And unlike B&O there's no need for colourful special editions Stick out tongue.5 colours to choose from right now.

mr_anders_son
Top 75 Contributor
sweden
1,688 Posts
Founder
beoberlin:

Will be interesting to see, how the H95 will (or can?) compete with the new Apple AirPods Max now they're out: https://www.apple.com/airpods-max/ And if B&O can keep their pricepoint.

And unlike B&O there's no need for colourful special editions .5 colours to choose from right now.

Pretty uglyUnsure

No way near H95 design wise....

BeoVision Eclipse 55"...BeoLab 5 FRONT....BeoLab 4000 as REAR....BV5 HD....Beoplay V1-40....BV10-32....BC6-26....Beosound 9000....Beosound 1 New York edt....Beogram 4002....Beoplay M5....Beoplay M3....Beoremote Halo....BeoRemote One BT....Beo6....Beo4....Beo4 Cinema....BeoLink 7000....Serene....H95 Black LTD....H9i Rimowa....6 x H6....Form 1....U70...

beoberlin
Not Ranked
26 Posts
Bronze Member

mr_anders_son:

Pretty uglyUnsure

To me the design of the H95 looks quite old fashioned and outdated compared to the Max. But I guess this is just a matter of taste. What I probably don't like about the Max are their earcushions made out of fabrics instead of leather.

trackbeo
Top 150 Contributor
626 Posts
Bronze Member

I used to think that, too.  E.g. Sennheiser HD5xx/6xx pads get grungy, even though they are black so you can't see it.  But I changed my mind: I just buy new ones as necessary, and the foam (underneath) compliance gets renewed up-to-spec along with the fabric -- which does affect the sound!  Even (for an expensive example) Focal Clear's use UltraSuede cloth, not leather. (Definitely a matter of taste, by the way -- those Apple hamburger-buns look as old-fashioned as radio DJ Koss Pro-4/AA phones from 1970.  I thought they looked goofy the first time around...)

OlivierC
Top 500 Contributor
126 Posts
Bronze Member
beoberlin:

Will be interesting to see, how the H95 will (or can?) compete with the new Apple AirPods Max now they're out: https://www.apple.com/airpods-max/ And if B&O can keep their pricepoint.

And unlike B&O there's no need for colourful special editions .5 colours to choose from right now.

Yes, I’m also curious to see comparisons and reviews.

BTW, the AirPods Max are a no go for my user case as I’m listening to NC cans when travelling by plane and these headphones don’t have an audio jack to be connected to the entertainment system.

I presume the AP Max are more targeted to urban commuters (train, bus, tube).

Maybe in few years the airlines will ditch the jack, then BT will be the new 3,5 mm audio jack. Smile

Regards.

Olivier
mr_anders_son
Top 75 Contributor
sweden
1,688 Posts
Founder

beoberlin:

mr_anders_son:

Pretty uglyUnsure

To me the design of the H95 looks quite old fashioned and outdated compared to the Max. But I guess this is just a matter of taste. What I probably don't like about the Max are their earcushions made out of fabrics instead of leather.

Outdated??

Max look more futuristic outdated for me.

Who wants to wear them on the street except a carpenter??Wink

mbee
Top 75 Contributor
Paris, France
1,823 Posts
Bronze Member
mbee replied on Wed, Dec 9 2020 12:08 PM

I think the little knob to change volume on the Max is the worst thing, looks outdated and not easy to use compared to our big tactile volume wheels.

and non-user replaceable battery in such a big thing (where a system to open a cap and hide the battery can be made) is just a way to make you spend 95€ In servicing after 4 years of (intensive) use.

Page 5 of 6 (88 items) « First ... < Previous 2 3 4 5 6 Next > | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL