rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 7 Replies | 2 Followers

JensT
Not Ranked
36 Posts
Bronze Member
JensT posted on Wed, Aug 19 2020 5:26 PM

Hi,

Today i recived an old beosystem 3 from eBay. Everything seems to work fine except the powerlink connetions. Ive tried every one with different speakers. Assigned new roles each time in the speaker setup. Also tried restart of the bs3 trouhg the «hidden» menu and startet the setup from scratch. None of the speakers turn on.

The seller told me this box was taken down from a fully functional b&o cinema setup by a b&o technician. So maybe im doing somthing wrong?

All the speakers ive tried works fine trough my bv7-40, so the issue must lay within the bs3.  

Any troubleshooting suggestions? 

All Replies

Stoobietoo
Top 150 Contributor
Exeter, Devon, UK
689 Posts
Gold Member

It took me ages to get my four Beolab 3s to work.  Lots of trial and error.  I plugged in one speaker at a time using sockets 2, 3, 4 & 5 then ran through all the roles and speaker types list. So I changed the first line under SPEAKERS to a type, got no noise so set it back to None. Then the next line and so on. when I heard the tone I left the speaker type, and moved to the next lines.. In the end I have 

CENTRE - NONE

SPEAKERS 

NONE

NONE 

BEOLAB 3

NONE

NONE

BEOLAB 3

NONE 

BEOLAB 3

BEOLAB 3 

NONE

NONE

NONE

That seems to work at the moment. I don't know why it is like that but I get stereo sound for now. Will experiment more when I set the system up with my LG OLED properly. 

Stoobie 

JensT
Not Ranked
36 Posts
Bronze Member
JensT replied on Wed, Aug 19 2020 8:43 PM

I think the logic behinde this is 1 powerlink gives 2 speaker roles. So role nr 1 and 2 is assigned to center powerlink(1) and 3 and 4 goes to powerlink nr 2 and so on. Ive tried all of them with no result..

Dante
Top 500 Contributor
Sao Paulo - Brazil
163 Posts
Bronze Member
Dante replied on Thu, Aug 20 2020 1:47 AM

At least do the speakers turn on? Or no sound because they are still off?

JensT
Not Ranked
36 Posts
Bronze Member
JensT replied on Thu, Aug 20 2020 5:11 AM

No they never turn on.

JensT
Not Ranked
36 Posts
Bronze Member
JensT replied on Thu, Aug 20 2020 5:11 AM

No they never turn on.

kallasr
Top 50 Contributor
Germany
2,557 Posts
Bronze Member
kallasr replied on Fri, Aug 21 2020 11:57 AM

Do they make a sound during setup?

Normally when a powerlink socket / a line is chosen, some noise is produced...

If this works, you need to setup the roles afterwards.

Ralf

Living Room: Beosystem 4, Beolab 7-2 (Center), Beolab 9 (Fronts), Beolab 8000 (Rears), no Subwoofer. Screen: Sony KD-85XH9096
Dining Room: Beosound Essence MK II with Beolab 4000 on stands, fed by Amazon Echo Show 8
Home Cinema: Beosystem 4, Beolab 7-4 (Center), Beolab 1 (Fronts), Beolab 4000 (Rears). Projector: Sony VPL-HW55
Home Office: Beosystem 3, Beolab 7-4, Beolab 5000, Screen: Sony KD-55XH9005 on Beovision 7-40 stand, ML to Beosound 9000 MK3 and Beosound 5/Beomaster 5 (1 TB SSD version)
Bedroom: Sony KD-65XH9077, Beosound Essence MK II with Beolab 6002 and Beolab 11 (all white, wall-mounted)

In storage: Beolab 5000/Beomaster 5000 (1960s). 

JensT
Not Ranked
36 Posts
Bronze Member
JensT replied on Sat, Aug 22 2020 1:04 PM

Thanks for the repsons.

Nothing happens when i go thru the speaker setup. The speakers never turn on during the speaker role assigning. Recived a newer

model of the bs3 yeasterday and this unit works straight away. Same setup procedure used on both.

To me there is now no doubt in my mind that the unit i bought is defect. 

The seller on eBay has now turned sillent. So returning it dont seem likely. Not sure if there is any point in trying to fix it at my local b&o service place as the cost of this might be bigger than its value. Has anyone had experience with powerlink socket repair? Maybe i could open up the box myself and have a look. If the problem is obvious i might be able to fix it myself.

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL