rated by 0 users
This post has 3 Replies | 0 Followers

Antonius Robin Iriawan
Not Ranked
Jakarta, Indonesia
Posts 73
Bronze Member
Antonius Robin Iriawan Posted: Wed, Aug 12 2020 11:48 AM

I have been using my Beoplay H5 since February 2018 and suddenly I wondered, how long a wireless headphone should last at least?
A pair of wireless headphones will die sooner or later due to its battery capability and being non-replaceable.
Thus, it begs the question.

Do you guys have an idea? Perhaps is there a way to change our headphones' batteries for something like E8 and E6?

Thank you for your attention! 

Best Regards, Mit freundlichen Grüßen, 감사합니다
Antonius Robin Iriawan, 로빈 올림

Beosound 35 and Beoplay H5

mbee
Top 75 Contributor
Paris, France
Posts 1,741
Bronze Member
mbee replied on Wed, Aug 12 2020 12:52 PM

As an owner of a pair of AirPods with moderate use that do not last more than one hour in phone mode after 4 years, and as an owner of a H9i with a big battery that still last hours and can be replaced just by opening a cover, I'm thinking more and more that for daily phone use, I'll replace the AirPods by the free EarPods that came with my iPhone : they will last for years without any problem and finally the cable is not an issue... And for music the H9i will last decades ;-)

After some use, with the wow effect of such small things without cable now reduced in my mind, I'm just seeing AirPods, E8 and other wireless earphones as electronic waste. $300 electronic waste is too much when you consider E8, even $250 for AirPods.

Mikipidia
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,586
Gold Member
Mikipidia replied on Wed, Aug 12 2020 2:22 PM
Your dealer should be able to put in a new battery for you

New: Beovision Harmony, Beolab 50's, Beolab 18's, Beolab 17's, Beolab 3's, Beosound 9000 mk3, Beosound Stage & LG, Beosound 2, Beoplay M3, Beoplay A1, Beoplay H4 gen 2, Beoplay E8 3.0

Mikipedia on YouTube (finally Stick out tongue )

https://www.youtube.com/c/Mikipedia

Old: Beovision Eclipse, Beolab 1's, Beolab 2, Beovision 10-46, Overture 2300, beolab 8000's, Beolab 4000's, Beovision avant 32" etc. etc.

Antonius Robin Iriawan
Not Ranked
Jakarta, Indonesia
Posts 73
Bronze Member

mbee:

As an owner of a pair of AirPods with moderate use that do not last more than one hour in phone mode after 4 years, and as an owner of a H9i with a big battery that still last hours and can be replaced just by opening a cover, I'm thinking more and more that for daily phone use, I'll replace the AirPods by the free EarPods that came with my iPhone : they will last for years without any problem and finally the cable is not an issue... And for music the H9i will last decades ;-)

After some use, with the wow effect of such small things without cable now reduced in my mind, I'm just seeing AirPods, E8 and other wireless earphones as electronic waste. $300 electronic waste is too much when you consider E8, even $250 for AirPods.

Hmmm... Probably I have not started losing the 'wow effect' of not having cable. However, I agree to your statement, wireless earphones could become an electronic waste quickly.
I am asking because I just realised if I pay like.... 300 EUR for something that would only last 2-3 years, it would be a little too much.  

Best Regards, Mit freundlichen Grüßen, 감사합니다
Antonius Robin Iriawan, 로빈 올림

Beosound 35 and Beoplay H5

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL