rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 16 Replies | 2 Followers

Shaune
Not Ranked
7 Posts
Bronze Member
Shaune posted on Tue, Aug 4 2020 1:43 PM

hello community,

I am new to the forum and to the B&O environment and I need some help.

In my parents' home there was a set of B&O equipment including Beovision Avant 32DVD, Beosound 3200 and the two speakers Beolab 4000. All was connected through the TV. Now the TV is dead and I am trying to make use of the remaining speakers and beosound with the tv from Samsung.

Ideally, I would like the speakers to be connected to TV and to Beosound.

I might need to buy some additional boxes to connect all together, but I am not sure what exactly I need to buy and how to connect everything.

Originally the tv was connected to the beosound and to the speakers with the powerlink and masterlink, obviously the new TVs don't have such inputs/outputs.

As a first step I've tried at least to connect the beosound with the powerlink from the speakers bypassing the b&o TV and it worked to some extent (I can turn on radio, play cd, choose song number), except for the fact that the remote didn't work and that I could not change the volume on the beosound (it seems to require the input from TV to change the volume settings?). What do I need to do to have the beosound controlled from the b&o remote and have it fully functional and not relying on TV anymore?

My second step would be to have the speakers connected to both - the TV and the beosound. It seems to me that BeoPlay S8 Connection HUB could have helped with this, but as I understand it is not produced anymore. Would you know what is the best device that would allow to connect all the pieces now?

And the final question - any ideas if it is still possible to repair the Beovision Avant? The led indicator still works, it reacts if you try to turn it on, it turns, etc...but the screen remains black and after 5 sec it turns off. I would guess it has something to do with the fuse. How could I find them in the TV and if any of those is broken is it still possible to buy a spare one? if the tv is not reparable nowadays is it possible to get use of the rotating mechanism and the tv speakers?

All Replies

Steve at Sounds Heavenly
Top 50 Contributor
The cable workshop, Leics, UK
2,078 Posts
Gold Member

Thanks Shaune,

I have emailed you a reply.  The simplest option is if the TV has a headphone output, then a direct cable can be used to play the TV sound to the B&O system.  Otherwise an optical to stereo audio converter is needed to allow the optical output of the TV to be used instead (sorry I don't sell these converters, but I can help with cables for either of these options).

Kind regards, Steve.

Steve.

www.soundsheavenly.com

Founder of Sounds Heavenly Cables and Brand Ambassador for Bang & Olufsen

Sounds Heavenly are proud to sponsor BeoWorld!

Gregg
Top 500 Contributor
Colorado USA
139 Posts
Bronze Member
Gregg replied on Thu, Aug 13 2020 4:20 AM

Yes - if you become a silver or gold member, download the Avant service manual on the Beoworld site. It will show you how it is put together, and how to remove the back cover to the "US" box. 

-Gregg

Page 2 of 2 (17 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL