rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 73 Replies | 3 Followers

MrAndersen
Top 500 Contributor
226 Posts
Bronze Member
MrAndersen posted on Tue, Aug 4 2020 7:18 AM

Hi all 

The 3.5 beta is out, try out the new widget that gives you quick access to product control. Let me know what you think including ideas for what this widget could be used for going forward.

Best regards

Thomas, Bang & Olufsen

All Replies

Sandyb
Top 50 Contributor
2,171 Posts
Bronze Member

The widget doesnt show up as an option on iOS14 (public beta), which I guess you may be aware of.

On my iOS 13 devices, it does show up, but some of the product icons have no images, as below 

- A9, BS2 show icons

- Avant MK1, BV12/BS4, and Moment show blank tiles

With iOS 14 the Widgets can be small, medium or large. It would be useful if, for the medium / large versions especially, the widget also shows what is playing.This will probably need to be limited to (what is playing) on the most recently activated product. Otherwise the widget as it is just works as a shortcut to the app. I know Apple widgets are a little restrictive in how interactive they are, but displaying the now playing info in the widget would make it more useful. Given that most of us will move to iOS14, I'd definitely think about how to make the most of the different amounts of information that can eb displayed with the small, medium, large options going forward. 

In addition, I'd also suggest adding options to the long press on the app - if I long press the Tidal app icon, there are options for Now Playing and Playlists, Deezer long press shows a Start Flow option too. So if now playing info isn't / cant be added to the Widget (as described above), then why not add options (as Tidal have done) to the long press option.

Anyway, my suggestions for what they're worth.

Hiort
Top 50 Contributor
Sweden
2,886 Posts
Bronze Member
Hiort replied on Tue, Aug 4 2020 8:43 AM
Great!

Like the new “button” design.

Like the fact that the widget takes me to the BV11 remote faster. Smile

Lack an icon for the BV11 ”Vardagsrummet” though.

Livingroom: BL3, BL11, BV11-46 Kitchen: Beosound 1 GVA, Beocom 2 Bathroom: M3 Homeoffice: M3, Beocom 2  Library: Beosound Emerge, Beocom 6000 Bedroom: M5, Essence remote  Travel: Beoplay E8 2.0, Beoplay EQ, Beoplay Earset

Dyssegaard
Top 500 Contributor
Copenhagen, Denmark
261 Posts
Bronze Member
I like the new widget.

It’s very nice to have direct access to the tv-remotes.

I’m missing icons for my BV11 (Soveværelse) and for my Beolit 12:

Best regards - Dyssegaard

Living room: Beovision Eclipse 55, Beolab 3 / R1 (back), Beolab 2 / R1 (sub), AppleTV 4K. Bedroom: Beovision 11-40, AppleTV 4. Home office: Beoplay M5. Kitchen: Beoplay M5. Travel: Beoplay H8, Beoplay A1. NAS: WD My Cloud Home / Plex DLNA Server.

Jaffrey2230
Top 150 Contributor
Washington DC
520 Posts
Bronze Member

I don't use Beolink in my set up. However, on my iPhone X everything seems a bit more snappy (no missing icons for me). 

B&O in my life 😊: 

• Beolab 8002 + Beolab 2 + Beosound Core with Essence Remote (Office)
  • Beolab 6000 + Beolab 11 + Beosound Core with Essence Remote (Bedroom)
  • Beoplay A9 Mk2 (Living Room)
  • Beosound 1 with wireless dock (Portable)
  • Beosound Balance (Dining)
  • Beoplay H95 (Focused listening, travel)
  • Beoplay H9 (3rd gen) (retired)
  • Beoplay P6 (Portable)
  • Beotime wall clock (hallway entrance)
  • BMW X5 50i with B&O Audio Package (Commute/drive)

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
14,608 Posts
Bronze Member

Generally I am not a widget guy.

In the screenshot 3 products are displayed, that I never use the app for (except very seldom for configuration) - why must I see these (if widget, then let med choose which products to display, please).

From the 4 I use, two are without icons....not very helpfull.

And it is a bad habit to divide a word (Beosoun  d) into two lines!

Since I run the Bang & Olufsen app on (3) dedicated iPads, I hardly need widgets.

MM

There is a tv - and there is a BV.

mbolo01
Top 50 Contributor
Louannec - France
2,026 Posts
Bronze Member
Can’t test the new features now, but the good news is that MrAndersen is back and hopefully will have a look at the app issues’ tracker I’m maintaining so that old issues are fixed while we test new things.

BS Moment, BS Core, BG 4002, BC 4500, BS1, BL18, BL19, BL8000 + RCV1, A6, M5, M3, A1, P6 (tks Botty), H5, TR1

Hiort
Top 50 Contributor
Sweden
2,886 Posts
Bronze Member
Hiort replied on Thu, Aug 6 2020 5:54 PM
More widget icons added Smile

Evidently the four products shown in the widget are the first four in the product list in the app.

Livingroom: BL3, BL11, BV11-46 Kitchen: Beosound 1 GVA, Beocom 2 Bathroom: M3 Homeoffice: M3, Beocom 2  Library: Beosound Emerge, Beocom 6000 Bedroom: M5, Essence remote  Travel: Beoplay E8 2.0, Beoplay EQ, Beoplay Earset

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
14,608 Posts
Bronze Member

That’s better.

But - why not let us choose which products to show in the widget view?

By the way - all my products are in the products list (under configuration) in the app, but - from the 3 non NL devices - only the S3 is shown in the products list on the main side there.

MM

There is a tv - and there is a BV.

Dyssegaard
Top 500 Contributor
Copenhagen, Denmark
261 Posts
Bronze Member
Missing icons fixed Big Smile:

Best regards - Dyssegaard

Living room: Beovision Eclipse 55, Beolab 3 / R1 (back), Beolab 2 / R1 (sub), AppleTV 4K. Bedroom: Beovision 11-40, AppleTV 4. Home office: Beoplay M5. Kitchen: Beoplay M5. Travel: Beoplay H8, Beoplay A1. NAS: WD My Cloud Home / Plex DLNA Server.

mbolo01
Top 50 Contributor
Louannec - France
2,026 Posts
Bronze Member
Dyssegaard:

Missing icons fixed :

Some are still missing

BS Moment, BS Core, BG 4002, BC 4500, BS1, BL18, BL19, BL8000 + RCV1, A6, M5, M3, A1, P6 (tks Botty), H5, TR1

mbolo01
Top 50 Contributor
Louannec - France
2,026 Posts
Bronze Member
I would align and center the products’ names.

mbolo01
Top 50 Contributor
Louannec - France
2,026 Posts
Bronze Member
When B&O widgets are minimized they are not all hidden.

MrAndersen
Top 500 Contributor
226 Posts
Bronze Member

Hi guys

I have deployed an update fixing the alignment issues and added a fallback icon. Unfortunately we do not have icons for the older products yet, we will add them as they come. The ordering is the same as in the app but this is just the first version. We will make a lot of tweaks on this in the future based on customer feedback. 

Hiort
Top 50 Contributor
Sweden
2,886 Posts
Bronze Member
Hiort replied on Fri, Aug 14 2020 9:21 AM

MrAndersen:

Hi guys

I have deployed an update fixing the alignment issues and added a fallback icon. Unfortunately we do not have icons for the older products yet, we will add them as they come. The ordering is the same as in the app but this is just the first version. We will make a lot of tweaks on this in the future based on customer feedback. 

Great.

When will you fix the strange looking multiroom icon in the iPad version?

/Claes

Page 1 of 5 (74 items) 1 2 3 4 5 Next > | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL