Beosound 3200 and Beolab 600 speakers

rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 5 Replies | 1 Follower

Spudorset
Not Ranked
3 Posts
Bronze Member
Spudorset posted on Thu, Jul 30 2020 8:48 PM

I recently had to disconnect my Beolab 600 speakers from my Beosound 3200 so that i could decorate a room.  On reconnection I find that I have no sound.  Both speakers have a red light when connected to power.  I have checked that I have the switch on the base of the speakers to either left or right and also moved the speaker cable between the two connection ports.  However, on selecting a CD (as an example) the lights do not change to green and no sound comes through the speakers.  Probably something simple but any help would be greatly appreciated.

All Replies

Gregg
Top 500 Contributor
Colorado USA
112 Posts
Gold Member
Gregg replied on Fri, Jul 31 2020 12:28 AM
It really sounds like the connector for the speakers came loose on the back of the 3200, or the powerlink cable got kinked. The red light on the 6000’s will come on when power is connected - even if the powerlink cable isn’t.
Spudorset
Not Ranked
3 Posts
Bronze Member

Hi Gregg, many thanks.  I have just done some more trouble shooting.  And some good news in part.  I pulled out the left hand speaker cable from the 3200 and the right hand speaker immediately came on.  I tried the right hand speaker cable on both 'ports' with the left hand cable disconnected and all worked fine.  The 'left hand speaker' also works using the right hand speaker cable.  So, my hypothesis is that the left hand speaker cable is 'duff' and it impacts on the operation of the right hand speaker.  The fix should therefore be - replace the left hand speaker cable.  Does that sound about right? 

Gregg
Top 500 Contributor
Colorado USA
112 Posts
Gold Member
Gregg replied on Mon, Aug 3 2020 6:41 PM

Yes - replace the left hand cable. Congrats on finding the problem! Sounds like it has a short in it, which is what prevented the right hand speaker from working.  I would toss it so that you damage anything in the future. Sounds like it didn't do any harm. -

-Gregg

Spudorset
Not Ranked
3 Posts
Bronze Member

Hi Gregg, new cable arrived today and all fixed.  Thanks for taking the time to offer advice - much appreciated.

Gregg
Top 500 Contributor
Colorado USA
112 Posts
Gold Member
Gregg replied on Wed, Aug 5 2020 10:04 PM

Happy to help, and glad you're back in the music business!

-Gregg

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL