Beocenter 2 with Samsung

rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 6 Replies | 1 Follower

Maurice
Top 500 Contributor
106 Posts
Bronze Member
Maurice posted on Mon, Jul 27 2020 6:04 AM

Any suggestions as to how i can play my BC2  through a samsung smart tv... at the moment i can only play a dvd through it first and then swap the dvd for a cd then it will play ok, connections are a 3 plug red white yellow on the samsung and the same at the base unit box any help much appreciated as when i want to listen to  Vaughan Williams i first have to load Will Smith! LOL

All Replies

lawrencejmcook
Top 200 Contributor
349 Posts
Founder
Maurice:

Any suggestions as to how i can play my BC2 through a samsung smart tv... at the moment i can only play a dvd through it first and then swap the dvd for a cd then it will play ok, connections are a 3 plug red white yellow on the samsung and the same at the base unit box any help much appreciated as when i want to listen to Vaughan Williams i first have to load Will Smith! LOL

Hi Maurice,

If you are controlling the Beocenter 2 with a Beo 4 try pressing DVD instead of CD. You may need to set the BC2 to Option 2 for this, but try it first as-is.

Lawrence
Maurice
Top 500 Contributor
106 Posts
Bronze Member
Maurice replied on Fri, Jul 31 2020 11:11 AM

Hi  Lawrence thanks for your reply, i set BC2 to opt 2 and tried still no signal. I have a feeling the "Trigger or pulse signal" is from the back of the Samsung is on the yellow rca socket. 

Stoobietoo
Top 150 Contributor
Exeter, Devon, UK
491 Posts
Gold Member

Does your Samsung TV have a scart socket? You might get a better connection with a fully wired scart lead as that may trigger the TV when CD is used.

Stoobie 

Maurice
Top 500 Contributor
106 Posts
Bronze Member
Maurice replied on Fri, Jul 31 2020 11:18 PM

Hi Stoobiedo thanks for your reply, unfortunately the tv doesn't have a scary connection. I am going to try the SVideo from the socket box to hdmi converter box to see if that works, i know now exactly it's the yello video that's the trigger to connect  electronically.

Maurice
Top 500 Contributor
106 Posts
Bronze Member
Maurice replied on Fri, Jul 31 2020 11:18 PM

Hi Stoobiedo thanks for your reply, unfortunately the tv doesn't have a scary connection. I am going to try the SVideo from the socket box to hdmi converter box to see if that works, i know now exactly it's the yello video that's the trigger to connect  electronically.

Stoobietoo
Top 150 Contributor
Exeter, Devon, UK
491 Posts
Gold Member

My LG OLED smart TV came with a Scart adapter similar to the one in the picture below. That one below is for a Samsung TV and found on Amazon. Yours may have come with one that you have kept. They also do the same adapter with the red, white and yellow connectors. (my TV came with that too) You would hope that adapter let's the TV be turned on when a CD is played. If you try that, I think you will need a "fully wired" Scart lead.

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL