Beocenter 7007 - cassette in wrong position to play

rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 3 Replies | 1 Follower

Laurencito
Not Ranked
5 Posts
Bronze Member
Laurencito posted on Sun, Jul 19 2020 12:41 PM

I have the replaced the drive belts on the cassette with eBay ones and now things are looking better. Main problem at the moment is the cassette seems to be in the wrong position for the heads etc to engage.

If I press down on the cassette near the playback head I can get the heads to engage and it will play. I can not see any way of adjusting this. press down too much and it won't engage.

Rewind also works but not fast forward.

Any help greatfully received.

All Replies

Dillen
Top 10 Contributor
Copenhagen / Denmark
13,147 Posts
Founder
Dillen replied on Sun, Jul 19 2020 1:53 PM

Under the tape tray, in front of the erase head is an apprx. 1cm wide leaf-spring with a tiny steel ball, acting as a stabilizer for the tapehead bridge.
The leaf spring can break off in its plastic holder and get in the way for the engaging tapehead bridge.

Martin

Laurencito
Not Ranked
5 Posts
Bronze Member

Thanks Martin, the leaf spring seems to be OK and its ballbearing present. I assume you mean this one

What appears to be causing the problem are these spring loaded pillars (below with red arrows). The seem to lift the cassette so it's a couple of millimeters too high and I can not see anything that would press the cassette down to the correct height. The only thing I wondered was if the part marked in with green arrow had got bent.

AdamS
Top 200 Contributor
370 Posts
Gold Member
AdamS replied on Fri, Aug 21 2020 1:12 PM

Laurencito:

The only thing I wondered was if the part marked in with green arrow had got bent.

This is exactly your problem. In the video you can see this spring trying to slide under the upper lip of the cassette shell - it should slide over the top and push the cassette downwards. Bend it upwards very slightly until it just goes over the top and all should be fine.

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL