rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 4 Replies | 0 Followers

dkwrnr
Not Ranked
2 Posts
Bronze Member
dkwrnr posted on Fri, Jun 26 2020 7:47 PM

hello,

I apologize for the rookie question, but I have the 5 pin to RCA cable adaptor, and the RCA side has a black and grey connector. Question is; which color is for left or right?

newbie,

DW

All Replies

sonavor
Top 50 Contributor
Texas, United States
3,528 Posts
Gold Member

Hi,

The black RCA plug is the right channel and the grey plug is the left.  It always used to confuse me as well. Plus the owner's manual on the Beogram turntables don't show RCA plugs. 

-sonavor

sonavor
Top 50 Contributor
Texas, United States
3,528 Posts
Gold Member

This question got my curiosity up about any Bang & Olufsen documentation on the non-DIN plug phono connections of Beograms. After going through several Beogram user manuals without any success I finally came across the Beogram 6002. Its manual does include a paragraph about the B&O DIN to RCA adapter and does spell out that the grey plug is for the left channel and the black plug is for the right channel. :-)

So do the user manuals for the Beogram 8000 and 8002 turntables.

If anyone knows of other B&O user manuals that provide that information it would be interesting to know.

-sonavor

Dillen
Top 10 Contributor
Copenhagen / Denmark
12,319 Posts
Founder
Dillen replied on Fri, Jun 26 2020 10:09 PM

L and R are often cast into the plug material if it's an original captured B&O RCA cable (which is not the case with Beogram 5000).

The lightest color is always left.
Grey/Black = Grey is left
White/Red = White is left.

Martin

dkwrnr
Not Ranked
2 Posts
Bronze Member
dkwrnr replied on Fri, Jun 26 2020 10:24 PM

Thanks one and all

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate