Sign in   |  Join   |  Help

Beosound 9000 custom discs art…

rated by 0 users
Answered (Not Verified) This post has 0 verified answers | 27 Replies | 1 Follower

matador43
Top 100 Contributor
893 Posts
Bronze Member
matador43 posted on Fri, Jun 26 2020 4:34 PM

Hi guys,

I'm preparing customs disc for my Beosound 9000 and I wanted to share if anyone has ideas or comments…

You mights already have seen the original set from the stores and the custom Late Night Tales discs, here we go with three new designs:

67's Danish Design Center Expo

Beogram Platters

B&O Styluses

All Replies

ngnear
Top 500 Contributor
155 Posts
Bronze Member
ngnear replied on Fri, Jun 26 2020 4:41 PM
This makes me want to buy a Beosound 9000 just to display the discs!

Love them!
mbolo01
Top 75 Contributor
Annecy - France
1,431 Posts
Gold Member
matador43:

You mights already have seen the original set from the stores and the custom Late Night Tales discs, here we go with three new designs:

Magnifiques!

BS Moment, BS Core, BG 4002, BC 4500, BS1, BL18, BL19, BL8000 + RCV1, A6, M5, M3, A1, P6 (tks Botty), H5, TR1

dahiyas
Not Ranked
United States
34 Posts
Silver Member

Awesome !!

dahiyas
Not Ranked
United States
34 Posts
Silver Member

Awesome !!

dahiyas
Not Ranked
United States
34 Posts
Silver Member

Awesome !!

trackbeo
Top 200 Contributor
329 Posts
Bronze Member

In your previous thread on this topic (https://forum.beoworld.org/forums/t/40389.aspx) you said, "--- The one with painted singer, piano, sax, guitar etc, in two versions (See Discogs).--- The second with pictures of the BS9000 different placement options."  I found one of the first on discogs "A New View on Music": https://www.discogs.com/Various-Bang-Olufsen-Vol-VII-A-New-View-On-Music/release/7828772

The other B&O release, "The Art of Seduction" (https://www.discogs.com/Various-Bang-Olufsen/release/10771556), photos do not show the CD labels.  Do you have a link (or a photo to store here) for those, or the BS9000 placement pix you mentioned?  

Of your sets, I like the platters the best.  But wishing for some color... Think I'll load my copy of "Abbey Road" and spin the apple, now...  P.S.  Ralf @kallasr had a couple examples (https://forum.beoworld.org/forums/t/4774.aspx) and he mentions a thread on the archive site, which neither he nor I can find...

PaulGiles
Top 500 Contributor
198 Posts
Bronze Member
I seriously believe that if they brought the 9000 back with a modern twist/upgrade it would sell.

It’s another example of “like no other”.

How many other brands get excitement over their 6-disc CD players of the 90’s?
matador43
Top 100 Contributor
893 Posts
Bronze Member

Good night trackbeo,

My previous topics was in fact on a slightly different subject: it was more on "filling" the discs first and then decorating them.
"A new view on music" was quite easy to recreate: very common standards and disc art available at enough quality for jet ink printing.

In my search I of course came across "the art of seduction" serie, but as you have seen, its more difficult to find the art, not even mentioning recompile the content.

The BS9000 placement option serie, I've seen it in my searches at that time, but didn't find it interesting. I dont even know if it really did exist or if it was for some marketing shots only. You can see it in the beoworld product page of the 9000 and I've found another picture, attached here.

To be honest, the problem with the platters serie is that once printed they should loose their shinny metallic aspect. I will give it a try as soon as I know how to fill the 6 disc and let the forum know

My favorite is the Danish exhibition series, not really for the full rendition of the set in the unit, but more because I love this graphic serie. I've used it to make a little framed artwork in a corner of my office, like a private joke. By the way, if anyone should have any information about that art, i would be greatly interested. I also wanted to do something since a long time with the stylus shape art on MMC cartridge boxes but I reckon that's not the best way to use them and the dark blue background echoes nothing, so…

Didn't see Kallasr's work before, thank you to pointing me to that. I've thought and still thinking on using packshot pictures too, but since B&O media bank closed I feel like stripped. It was a great source of Hi-Res pictures. I'm also thinking in reconstructing the B&O 2006 catalog cover or amore thematic serie like Beolab, or remotes (even if it did already exist) etc…

So new ideas to come next and maybe some with colors!

Jeff
Top 25 Contributor
USA
3,752 Posts
Silver Member
Answered (Not Verified) Jeff replied on Sat, Jun 27 2020 12:51 AM
Suggested by priklep

I love the Beogram platters, and the ones with the various catalog ways to display the 9000. Something is definitely lost when going away from physical media.

Jeff

I'm afraid I'm recovering from the BeoVirus. Sad

matador43
Top 100 Contributor
893 Posts
Bronze Member

Night Inspiration…

2001 A Space Odyssey

Lina Cavalieri

Supertramp

matador43
Top 100 Contributor
893 Posts
Bronze Member

All designs are based on materials which enough resolution to be actually printed.
I use matt paper CD stickers from eBay, the only one I could find with small central hole.
If anyone interested I can (freely obviously) provide the A4 sheet with the artwork ready to print (2 disc per sheet).
If you use different paper and are not handy with graphic tools you'll need to provide the template of the sheet and except some tries and adjustment.

matador43
Top 100 Contributor
893 Posts
Bronze Member

That one was inspired by Beocool.

9 LEE
Top 10 Contributor
Eastbourne, UK
7,123 Posts
Founder
9 LEE replied on Sun, Jun 28 2020 9:17 PM

matador43:

That one was inspired by Beocool.

And a very cool look - but possibly the "S" to the far left so it doesn't say "SLEE" in the parked position Geeked

matador43
Top 100 Contributor
893 Posts
Bronze Member

So true!   Embarrassed (Does SLEE have a special meaning?)

Page 1 of 2 (28 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL