rated by 0 users
This post has 1 Reply | 2 Followers

Keith Saunders
Top 25 Contributor
Hampshire, United Kingdom
Posts 5,493
Founder
Keith Saunders Posted: Fri, Jun 26 2020 12:46 PM

Whilst the moderating team are very focused on stopping spam, its a continuing problem, but we are working hard to stopping it. Currently, more than 7,000 IP addresses are blocked from our forum.

If you have seen some spam in a thread which we have missed, please report it here.

Please also be aware that from today I have adjusted the time between post submits to 5 minutes

Regards Keith....

Keith Saunders
Top 25 Contributor
Hampshire, United Kingdom
Posts 5,493
Founder

When a moderator or myself delete a post(s) which you have reported I now do the following:-

1. Delete the Post(s) in question and others from that user.
  2. Block the IP address from which the person posted or range of IP addresses if it is a Internet Service Provider meaning the user will be assigned a different IP address from the block of IP addresses next time they connect.
  3. Delete it from this list of report spam posting otherwise it just becomes a long list of posts deleted.
So, the bottom line if you previously posted a spam porting here and now it has gone, you will know for sure that it has been sorted.

The only post of yours I left was the answer to your question to help other members.

Regards Keith....

Page 1 of 1 (2 items) | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL