Sign in   |  Join   |  Help

LG GX + Stage is here, some initial feedback

rated by 0 users
Answered (Not Verified) This post has 0 verified answers | 76 Replies | 0 Followers

moxxey
Top 25 Contributor
South West, UK
5,213 Posts
Bronze Member
moxxey posted on Mon, Jun 15 2020 9:19 AM

Firstly, photo to follow. Not quite fully set it all up yet.

LG GX 55" + Stage + BeoRemote arrived Saturday. First impressions? Picture quality is simply stunning, especially for 4K-sourced movies and content. HD looks good, too.

Surprisingly the TV has a fairly decent speaker. Indeed, it's so decent sometimes I can't tell if the Stage is on or the TV speaker when watching something like the news and other regular TV.

Apps are good. So good I've realised I won't need the Apple TV. You get the Apple TV app, Netflix, Prime Video and other apps I use.

But, some less good news...

- Stage sometimes doesn't turn on with the TV. Anyone have any ideas on this? Very frustrating.

- BeoRemote, as expected, doesn't work with the TV yet. No access to the B&O app on the LG Appstore.

- No UK catch-up apps! No iPlayer, no All 4, ITV Hub, nothing. Incredible.

All in all though, thoroughly recommended.

All Replies

vlohjr1
Top 150 Contributor
473 Posts
Bronze Member
moxxey:

No, not in the slightest.

Someone said on here that the Sky Q box is deliberately non-operational from another remote. Sky designed it this way. The regular Sky box is, but not the Q. Perplexingly, Sky Q does show on the LG as a controllable device, but the LG magic remote does nothing when trying to control it.

The funny thing was when I initially set up stage and c9 and mini q the beoremote 1 can control the sky q box via Cec but I must have messed around with the settings because the next day became slow and gradually unresponsive......I cannot repeat this sinceUnsure

moxxey
Top 25 Contributor
South West, UK
5,213 Posts
Bronze Member
moxxey replied on Wed, Aug 5 2020 10:38 AM

Does anyone know how to setup the LG + Stage + BeoRemote so that the Sky Q box turns on automatically when you turn the TV on? Never works. I always have to find the Sky remote and turn the Sky box on first.

If I turn the LG on, from the LG or BeoRemote, the Sky Q box remains off. Doesn't seem to trigger it on.

Ammier
Not Ranked
52 Posts
Bronze Member
Ammier replied on Sat, Sep 12 2020 7:57 AM

Hi everyone,

Quick thank you to the contributors of this thread, in particular Moxxey. Stage and GX 65 installed yesterday. Had a custom built tv bench made for it. 

Really happy with how it all turned out, the room is a small secondary tv room and quite squared off so the sound works perfectly. Re-watched Inception last night with wife and it was awesome, I am sure it will be mainly used by the kids for Peppa pig in the future Big Smile....

Only issue I have had is the stage does not always come on with the TV and I have to re-add it in the LG settings. Need to play around with this. It also took a few attempts to set it up with the beo app in the first place.

Now waiting for the remote and H95´s to arrive and this room is done. 

Cheers,

Ammier

Johan
Top 500 Contributor
Bolsward, NL
248 Posts
Gold Member
Johan replied on Sat, Sep 12 2020 8:36 AM

That looks good Ammier! Very clean. Inspiring actually! :-)

J.

RS4346
Not Ranked
14 Posts
Bronze Member
RS4346 replied on Sat, Sep 12 2020 10:46 AM

My compliments Ammier.

RS4346
Not Ranked
14 Posts
Bronze Member
RS4346 replied on Sat, Sep 12 2020 10:46 AM

My compliments Ammier.

Esax
Top 500 Contributor
257 Posts
Bronze Member
Answered (Not Verified) Esax replied on Sat, Sep 12 2020 11:03 AM
Suggested by Jaffrey2230
Atmos is the thing for stage.

Beovision 7-55 MK1 red, Beolab 10 red. Beolab 50, all black. Beolab 17 broken ice. Beolab transmitter. Apple tv4 and apple express 2.

trackbeo
Top 200 Contributor
434 Posts
Bronze Member

Ammier:
Only issue I have had is the stage does not always come on with the TV and I have to re-add it in the LG settings. Need to play around with this. It also took a few attempts to set it up with the beo app in the first place.
Curious to know if menu setting "General -> Additional Settings -> Quick Start+" is turned on or off by default; and if default is On, then whether turning this feature off makes any difference?  (Your multiple initial setup attempts indicate something else is going on, but I would like to know if the TV resetting all external ports by powering down fully is a panacea.)

Ammier
Not Ranked
52 Posts
Bronze Member
Ammier replied on Sat, Sep 12 2020 6:01 PM

@Johan @RS4326 Thanks a lot! I take no credit, wife designed the bench and our awesome carpenter here Norway built it and installed the tv with me.

@trackbeo the Quick start is automatically on for first time use. Ive now turned on the earc which was off, just to mess around. Ill keep you posted but it does seem like the tv resets the ports when off. It doesn't happen every time though...

moxxey
Top 25 Contributor
South West, UK
5,213 Posts
Bronze Member
moxxey replied on Sat, Sep 12 2020 9:47 PM

Ammier:

Quick thank you to the contributors of this thread, in particular Moxxey. Stage and GX 65 installed yesterday. Had a custom built tv bench made for it. 

Thanks Ammier. I have a GX 55" + Stage and a GX 65" + Stage, but the 65" isn't yet in-use. I'm planning to shift furniture around end of October as the 65" is in "the snug" which is a better room for the winter months. Sadly, due to solid walls, I've not been able to hide the cables in the walls as easily as you and planning a move in the next 6 months, so my view is I'll setup properly after moving!

Looks amazing though! Love my setup. If you want a wall-mounted TV, you can't go wrong with the GX and Stage combo.

Ammier
Not Ranked
52 Posts
Bronze Member
Ammier replied on Sun, Sep 13 2020 5:16 PM

moxxey:

Ammier:

Thanks Ammier. I have a GX 55" + Stage and a GX 65" + Stage, but the 65" isn't yet in-use. I'm planning to shift furniture around end of October as the 65" is in "the snug" which is a better room for the winter months. Sadly, due to solid walls, I've not been able to hide the cables in the walls as easily as you and planning a move in the next 6 months, so my view is I'll setup properly after moving!

Looks amazing though! Love my setup. If you want a wall-mounted TV, you can't go wrong with the GX and Stage combo.

Thanks! Completely agree, its a great setup! After a couple of nights of movies I think its money well spent and the whole package wasn't that expensive comparatively speaking. We are in a new build here in Norway, moved in last year, there is about a 5 cm gap behind the plaster wall before you get to the insulation so the cable management was quite straight forward. 

moxxey
Top 25 Contributor
South West, UK
5,213 Posts
Bronze Member
moxxey replied on Sun, Sep 13 2020 10:32 PM

Ammier:

Thanks! Completely agree, its a great setup! After a couple of nights of movies I think its money well spent and the whole package wasn't that expensive comparatively speaking. We are in a new build here in Norway, moved in last year, there is about a 5 cm gap behind the plaster wall before you get to the insulation so the cable management was quite straight forward. 

Thinking of my next place, was it easy to attach the TV wall mount? I have solid thick load-bearing walls in the current apartment and even on those the wall mount is starting to come away slightly! 65" is much heavier than the 55" on the other side of the same wall.

Makes me fear connecting the 65" to a plaster wall!

Ammier
Not Ranked
52 Posts
Bronze Member
Ammier replied on Tue, Sep 15 2020 12:02 PM

moxxey:

Ammier:

Thinking of my next place, was it easy to attach the TV wall mount? I have solid thick load-bearing walls in the current apartment and even on those the wall mount is starting to come away slightly! 65" is much heavier than the 55" on the other side of the same wall.

Makes me fear connecting the 65" to a plaster wall!

Hey,

We have a Beovision 11 downstairs which is wall mounted with the electric mount so it swings out. No issue with a plaster wall but we did use a ´Molly bolt´ screw which expands behind the wall.

Regards,

Ammier

Ammier
Not Ranked
52 Posts
Bronze Member
Ammier replied on Tue, Sep 15 2020 12:05 PM

trackbeo:

Ammier:
Curious to know if menu setting "General -> Additional Settings -> Quick Start+" is turned on or off by default; and if default is On, then whether turning this feature off makes any difference?  (Your multiple initial setup attempts indicate something else is going on, but I would like to know if the TV resetting all external ports by powering down fully is a panacea.)

Just to update on this. After turning on the earc option in the sound settings of the tv, I no longer have any issues with stage coming on with the tv.

moxxey
Top 25 Contributor
South West, UK
5,213 Posts
Bronze Member
moxxey replied on Tue, Sep 15 2020 2:33 PM

Ammier:

We have a Beovision 11 downstairs which is wall mounted with the electric mount so it swings out. No issue with a plaster wall but we did use a ´Molly bolt´ screw which expands behind the wall.

Thanks. If it can take a BV11, it can definitely take a GX! I did notice those bolts when I did some research online.

Page 5 of 6 (77 items) « First ... < Previous 2 3 4 5 6 Next > | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL