Apple TV 3 generation PUC BeoVision 10 stopped working

rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 1 Reply | 1 Follower

BO_user_E
Not Ranked
3 Posts
Bronze Member
BO_user_E posted on Tue, May 12 2020 10:20 AM

Does somebody know why my Apple TV 3rd generation stopped responding to the PUC commands send from my BeoVision 10 40? It only works by pressing a key on the BEO 4 remote, like the right key for 2 seconds, but it then goes to the most right of the app list for instance (this is the instance with all 4 directions on the remote). So my problem is that the Apple TV seems to be sticking to the commands send from my BeoVision, because if I short press once on the right key, nothing happens. I only see that the LED on the Apple TV is blinking. I read this thread 

https://forum.beoworld.org/forums/p/23038/190542.aspx#190542

but the difference is that this man's Apple TV didn't respond at all to the Beo commands. As recommended, I tried disconnecting the apple remote from the Apple TV, but even then, I could control the Apple TV, so I don't know what is going on there. I now have to control the Apple TV with the apple remote which does work, but I rather want to control the Apple TV with my BEO 4 remote.

All Replies

frog
Top 150 Contributor
Camberley UK
546 Posts
Founder
frog replied on Wed, May 13 2020 11:05 AM

There was a change to the PUC (in fact a new one) for Apple TV after a certain Apple software update. Nonetheless, on my BV10, the standard Apple Remote PUC is working fine. 

it could be due to placement of the IR wand. Look up with google where the IR receiver is on your version of the appleTV  and try wafting the wand around the vicinity. 

Page 1 of 1 (2 items) | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL