rated by 0 users
Answered (Verified) This post has 0 verified answers | 17 Replies | 2 Followers

matador43
Top 75 Contributor
1,122 Posts
Bronze Member
matador43 posted on Sat, May 2 2020 10:55 PM

Nite nite everyone.

I came across and ad for a phillips pronto device full in box.

And wanted to check with you that this is the only hardware needed to learn "any" IR code to feed the Beo6?

I think I've understood that i will need some more software to convert formats: are this software available and is the conversion something easy done?

You have understand my goal: being able to use the Beo6 with any IR controllable device and being autonomous to program it as needed.

Did a quick search on this forum and the archived one but didn't find and clear answer and some intel about "protected codes" add confusion to me.

Thanks a lot. 

All Replies

Keith Saunders
Top 25 Contributor
Little Ann, Hampshire, United Kingdom
5,346 Posts
Founder

matador43:
But I believe most people including me want the opposite: not decode B&O streams but decode non B&O streams and encode them for use with Beo5/6 for those who still use it and believe in it.

Of course you don't want to decode B&O IR protocol, that was not the point. The point is that some IR protocols are much harder to decode and convert than others like, say the NEC protocol and I offered the B&O protocol as one of the hardest to decode for many reasons, then I offered a teaser as to why that was the case.

Regards Keith....

lawrencejmcook
Top 150 Contributor
502 Posts
Founder
Keith Saunders:

Of course you don't want to decode B&O IR protocol, that was not the point. The point is that some IR protocols are much harder to decode and convert than others like, say the NEC protocol and I offered the B&O protocol as one of the hardest to decode for many reasons, then I offered a teaser as to why that was the case.

Regards Keith....

Ok, I’ll take the bait.

Why do B&O remote batteries last so long?

It it because they transmit at a higher frequency, therefore the emitters don’t need to be on for as long?

Lawrence
Keith Saunders
Top 25 Contributor
Little Ann, Hampshire, United Kingdom
5,346 Posts
Founder

You are correct.

The pulse width is very small (Nano seconds) where as most IR protocol codes like the popular NEC has pulse width of 1.12 milliseconds and a carrier frequency of 38 Khz.

The circuit only draws current from the battery when the emitting semiconductor switches on which is just a few nano seconds.

Also the carrier frequency only exists with the pulse, not the pause (semiconductor off situation)

Regards Keith....

Page 2 of 2 (18 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL