Sign in   |  Join   |  Help

BeoVision Eclipse 65" + BL 18/19 OR BeoSound Stage?

rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 2 Replies | 0 Followers

Jensm1996
Not Ranked
24 Posts
Bronze Member
Jensm1996 posted on Sat, May 2 2020 4:00 PM

Hi guys,

I'am about to finish my electricity plan of my new house.. And I'am in such a dilemma.

Today I got a LG tv (75inch, not C9) with the BeoSound Stage (living room is 18 m2, and the Stage does the job perfect)

In my new house, I got 3 options (as I see it..)

Option 1. Keep my setup, BeoSound Stage + The 75 Inch LG tv.

Option 2. Buy a BeoVision Eclipse (which I guess has worse sound that a BeoSound Stage, if you only use the center speaker alone) + a BL19 for some depth.

Option 3. Buy a BeoVision Eclipse + BL 18 + BL 19 (living room is 20,5 m2). I guess this setup would be the best, indeed - But is it an overkill? will the Eclipse + the BL 19 do the job ok alone, compared to the Stage which 110% will do the job?

How much of a difference will I notice, if I just got the pure sound from the Eclipse VS the sound from a Stage? 

And a side question....

The rumors about the Eclipse 2... I gotta fix this setup before September this year, and to be honest I won't make such a big investment and a few weeks later, the new Eclipse gets it release, anyone knows anything about this?...

Thanks!

All Replies

Jaffrey2230
Top 150 Contributor
Washington DC
511 Posts
Silver Member

If the Eclipse speakers can handle Atmos decoding with the right drivers you might get the same effect as a Stage. I believe the Eclipse is OLED, your 75 inch LG is likely LED since they don’t make a 75 inch OLED, so the Eclipse will give you better sound quality. If it were me, I’d get a 77inch LG OLED and Stage which would look super clean. Or, get the LG panel you want and out the rest (difference in price between Eclipse and the LG panel you buy) on the best B&O speaker system you can buy 🙂

B&O in my life 😊: 

• Beolab 8002 + Beolab 2 + Beosound Core with Essence Remote (Office)
  • Beolab 6000 + Beolab 11 + Beosound Core with Essence Remote (Bedroom)
  • Beoplay A9 Mk2 (Living Room)
  • Beosound 1 with wireless dock (Portable)
  • Beosound Balance (Dining)
  • Beoplay H95 (Focused listening, travel)
  • Beoplay H9 (3rd gen) (retired)
  • Beoplay P6 (Portable)
  • Beotime wall clock (hallway entrance)
  • BMW X5 50i with B&O Audio Package (Commute/drive)

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
13,939 Posts
Bronze Member

Hi Jensm1996

what are your preferences....music or movies (or a mix at which percentage)?

In general, you can’t go wrong with either for that relatively small room!

MM

There is a tv - and there is a BV.

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL