rated by 0 users
This post has 87 Replies | 0 Followers

seethroughyou
Top 100 Contributor
UK
Posts 999
Bronze Member
seethroughyou Posted: Sat, Apr 18 2020 10:15 AM
Now that more and more B&O products are moving to Airplay2, after the death of B&O Netlink, are people finding Airplay2 capability on B&O products reliable and stable?

There has been past mention of poor wifi and connectivity and disconnection issues in the past.

Thank you.

Present: BL90, Core, BL6000, CD7000, Beogram 7000, Essence Remote.

Past: BL1, BL2, BL8000, BS9000, BL5, BC2, BS5, BV5, BV4-50, Beosystem 3, BL3, DVD1, Beoremote 4, Moment.

Sandyb
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,171
Bronze Member
Sandyb replied on Sat, Apr 18 2020 11:04 AM

Really, this again?

Fully appreciate you may not have much AP experience, but the answers are going to be as follows

- some will have no / very few issues connectivity wise.

- some will have issues - usual difficult to diagnose WIFI issues, is it the devices fault or a general network issue? Only the technically more savvy can dig down to get some insight in these cases.

- some will prefer NL (for the reasons stated myriad times), some will be fine with AP - generally people who want multi room music seem to find NL a bit more in sync. 

Generally many here will suggest hard wiring your receiving end / speakers to the network at a minimum to ensure stability at that end. Airplay 2 is also much much more stable and better performing that the original Airplay, I think primarily because the buffer built between the sender / receiver is longer / bigger. 

You're not going to get an overwhelming consensus / clear answer to your question, simply because there isn't one.

You just have to try it out, see how well it works in your domestic environment and for your use cases / preferences.

And given you have some very very high end speakers, AP2 receivers are a cheap way to find out, be that an Airport Express (updated to AP2) or something else, be it a Core or otherwise.

Obviously it is your prerogative to ask the same question from many different angles, but there isn't a one sized fits all answer.

For the record, all my B&O endpoints are hard wired in, and while I much prefer NL, there are a few things I have to Airplay, and I have no drop out issues at all really (thats mainly audio podcasts, so not quality sensitive).

seethroughyou:
Now that more and more B&O products are moving to Airplay2, after the death of B&O Netlink, are people finding Airplay2 capability on B&O products reliable and stable?

There has been past mention of poor wifi and connectivity and disconnection issues in the past.

Thank you.

seethroughyou
Top 100 Contributor
UK
Posts 999
Bronze Member
I’m confident an Airport Express will be solid on AP2. Need it for DLNA, volume control and AP2 for non-Deezer streaming. I have no problems with AP2 at home on Apple devices. All are wired and so will the Core.

Sorry to ask this question from a different angle, but B&O being notorious for it’s software issues and hardware problems, it’s not unreasonable to to double and triple check. The web is littered with scathing reviews of B&O products disconnecting or misbehaving. What concerns me is that I buy the Core only to find out that B&O have skimped on the receiver and transmitting hardware in the Core... Then be told by B&O they are ‘looking at it’ and months later the dealer then refuses a return and refund.

Present: BL90, Core, BL6000, CD7000, Beogram 7000, Essence Remote.

Past: BL1, BL2, BL8000, BS9000, BL5, BC2, BS5, BV5, BV4-50, Beosystem 3, BL3, DVD1, Beoremote 4, Moment.

Sandyb
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,171
Bronze Member
Sandyb replied on Sat, Apr 18 2020 11:51 AM

No worries, though my point is that there is no single answer.

As I've said before, you're setup and requirements are perhaps not a best fit for simpler use cases like Airplay 2 using an iOS device. 

For those who dont mind simply streaming from a phone / tablet one of the mainstream services to a speaker (A9, BS1 etc etc), they'll be perfectly happy, local wifi issues aside.

But with your setup and requirements, while you can work that way, its not clean - you'll need a DLNA controller on your iOS device, and also stream Primephonic (if I remember) to your AP receiver.  Some DLNA users are perfectly happy with more polished UI's like Plex, and there are others, though I fid them a bit amateur and detract from the experience.

Primephonic will not be integrated into any of the more polished front ends, be it Roon, the UI that Auralic use etc etc - as such sticking to Primephonic means Airplaying it from their own app (I assume you can do this?), and then using something different (Plex etc) for your DLNA music.

If it were me, I'd ditch Primephonic and go down the route of a single app - be it Roon (yes you'll need a Roon receiver attached to your 50s/90s) or get an Auralic streamer / receiver attached to the speakers.  Not only are the apps more polished, they integrate streamed / owned content, and they'll sound better. I'm guessing the additional theoretical quality that Primephonic offer will be washed away via Airplay, which has its limits bandwidth wise.

Of course, I cant remember what you multi room requirements are, so that may colour which route you go down. And I have some sympathy, its in some ways a bit more complex than it used to be, for some use cases. But depending on your broader setup, you can get a high quality streamer, connect to your main speakers, and use NL to add other speakers / rooms to the listening experience. B&O will continue to support NL for quite a while yet, is my best guess - its doesnt require that much for them to do so.

seethroughyou:
I’m confident an Airport Express will be solid on AP2. Need it for DLNA, volume control and AP2 for non-Deezer streaming. I have no problems with AP2 at home on Apple devices. All are wired and so will the Core.

Sorry to ask this question from a different angle, but B&O being notorious for it’s software issues and hardware problems, it’s not unreasonable to to double and triple check. The web is littered with scathing reviews of B&O products disconnecting or misbehaving. What concerns me is that I buy the Core only to find out that B&O have skimped on the receiver and transmitting hardware in the Core...! Then be told be B&O they are looking at it and dealer reluctant to take the return and refund.

Mikipidia
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,154
Bronze Member
Mikipidia replied on Sat, Apr 18 2020 12:40 PM
I’ll chime in and say ap2 is totally solid here, seems like it is for just about everybody that is either hardwired or has a solid wifi network(ubiquiti and the lot)Smile

New: Beovision Harmony, Beolab 50's, Beolab 28's, Beolab 18's, Beolab 17's, Beosound Stage & LG, Beosound 2, Beoplay M3, Beoplay A1, Beoplay Portal, Beoplay H4 gen 2, Beoplay E8 3.0

Mikipedia on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Mikipedia

Mikipedi4 on Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/mikipedi4

Mikipedia on Intagram: https://www.instagram.com/mikipedi4/

Old: Beosound 9000 mk3, Beolab 3's, Beovision Eclipse, Beolab 1's, Beolab 2, Beovision 10-46, Overture 2300, beolab 8000's, Beolab 4000's, Beovision avant 32" etc. etc.

matador43
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,362
Bronze Member
matador43 replied on Sat, Apr 18 2020 12:44 PM

Sandyb:

but the answers are going to be as follows

- some will have no / very few issues connectivity wise.

- some will have issues - usual difficult to diagnose WIFI issues, is it the devices fault or a general network issue? Only the technically more savvy can dig down to get some insight in these cases.

- some will prefer NL (for the reasons stated myriad times), some will be fine with AP - generally people who want multi room music seem to find NL a bit more in sync. 

Generally many here will suggest hard wiring your receiving end / speakers to the network at a minimum to ensure stability at that end. Airplay 2 is also much much more stable and better performing that the original Airplay, I think primarily because the buffer built between the sender / receiver is longer / bigger. 

You're not going to get an overwhelming consensus / clear answer to your question, simply because there isn't one.

Clap, clap, clap, clap, clap. Thanks Sandyb, wouldn't have said it better!

mbolo01
Top 50 Contributor
Louannec - France
Posts 2,025
Bronze Member
mbolo01 replied on Sat, Apr 18 2020 1:06 PM
I’m not an AP fan but considering the future B&O direction and newly available products such as PLEX Plexamp app, I’m currently experiencing it and I must admit that AP2 is very reliable.

That said, I’m still leveraging Beolink for the multiroom even when the music source is AP2, up to the point it is no longer possible.

Regarding sound quality, I’m afraid I’m not able to make the difference between AP, DLNA or CC sources, only Vinyle sources make a difference these days, is it subjective or objective ???

BS Moment, BS Core, BG 4002, BC 4500, BS1, BL18, BL19, BL8000 + RCV1, A6, M5, M3, A1, P6 (tks Botty), H5, TR1

Solidsnake
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 143
Bronze Member

Works perfectly for me. I use it everyday from my iPhone or iPad to my Eclipse in living room and Beocenter (hooked up with Airport express) in kitchen and HomePod in bedroom. In my opinion if you use apple products, it’s a no brainer. With the added simplicity of Siri - "Hey Siri, play this in the living room" or "play this everywhere’ I find really great. 

Sandyb
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,171
Bronze Member
Sandyb replied on Sat, Apr 18 2020 2:21 PM

Though of course, Siri commands like you mentioned only really work well with Apple Music.

The OP wants to use DLNA music and a classical streaming service called Primephonic - to his 50s or 90s, cant remember which.

As I said, plenty for whom their use case is a mainstream service plus a couple of AP2 capable endpoints will have no issues with AP2.

Solidsnake:

Works perfectly for me. I use it everyday from my iPhone or iPad to my Eclipse in living room and Beocenter (hooked up with Airport express) in kitchen and HomePod in bedroom. In my opinion if you use apple products, it’s a no brainer. With the added simplicity of Siri - "Hey Siri, play this in the living room" or "play this everywhere’ I find really great. 

Jaffrey2230
Top 150 Contributor
Washington DC
Posts 520
Bronze Member

I am using AirPly 2 with a combination of B&O products (A9, Beosound 1, Beosound Stage, Beosound Core) along with Apple products (2x Apple TV 4K both of which are connected to BeoLab speakers) and a couple of HomePods. I have literally zero issues. I also have Google WiFi Mesh set up for good WiFi coverage throughout my home since addition to AirPlay, I have smart thermostats and extensive use of smart lighting as well. Over 27 devices connected to the internet at any time in my home :)

Any problems I have in my ecosystem is almost always related to the network. In the last 6 months, B&O products have worked flawlessly for me.

B&O in my life 😊: 

• Beolab 8002 + Beolab 2 + Beosound Core with Essence Remote (Office)
  • Beolab 6000 + Beolab 11 + Beosound Core with Essence Remote (Bedroom)
  • Beoplay A9 Mk2 (Living Room)
  • Beosound 1 with wireless dock (Portable)
  • Beosound Balance (Dining)
  • Beoplay H95 (Focused listening, travel)
  • Beoplay H9 (3rd gen) (retired)
  • Beoplay P6 (Portable)
  • Beotime wall clock (hallway entrance)
  • BMW X5 50i with B&O Audio Package (Commute/drive)

Jaffrey2230
Top 150 Contributor
Washington DC
Posts 520
Bronze Member

You can use Siri to say Play music from...you can create a Siri shortcut.

B&O in my life 😊: 

• Beoplay P6 (Portable)

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
Posts 14,607
Bronze Member

Jaffrey2230:

There might have been some changes since August 2019, when this video was made.

The video explains how to use SIRI commands and AP2 (with B&O devices):

https://youtu.be/joV_DdkJWWk

Sorry, I can’t avoid adding this......I see an iPhone carried around the house ;-(

If you are into voice commanding, I guess this won’t be optimal untill (some sort of) Siri voice assistance is built in to the B&O gear like with the GA/voice assistent.

MM

There is a tv - and there is a BV.

Sandyb
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,171
Bronze Member
Sandyb replied on Sat, Apr 18 2020 9:37 PM

Hadn't seen that video.

God what a horrible experience, for me anyway.

I'm sure some are into it - but I really dont want to be talking into thin air, and then having the phone talking back to me, telling me its doing what I just asked it to do.....horrible.

And setting up Shortcuts is still one of least intuitive things Apple have done in ages.

I'm pretty confident that the OP doesnt want to be doing this, especially as he uses a very non mainstream classical service.

As I suggested earlier, AP2 is pretty good these days, stability and drop out wise, given sensible home Wifi.

Whether a simple solution like an Airport Express (i.e. the Airplay route)  is the best for a set of 50s/90s and listening to both DLNA and Primephonic streams, that's a different question.

Millemissen:

Jaffrey2230:

Sorry, I can’t avoid adding this......I see an iPhone carried around the house ;-(

If you are into voice commanding, I guess this won’t be optimal untill (some sort of) Siri voice assistance is built in to the B&O gear like with the GA/voice assistent.

MM

Jaffrey2230
Top 150 Contributor
Washington DC
Posts 520
Bronze Member

Got it. If it doesn’t work for you then it doesn’t work. Hopefully there are viable options. 

B&O in my life 😊: 

• Beoplay P6 (Portable)

Mikipidia
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,154
Bronze Member
Mikipidia replied on Sun, Apr 19 2020 12:03 AM

Dutch? How dare you Stick out tongue

The Dutch don't sound like that lol

New: Beovision Harmony, Beolab 50's, Beolab 28's, Beolab 18's, Beolab 17's, Beosound Stage & LG, Beosound 2, Beoplay M3, Beoplay A1, Beoplay Portal, Beoplay H4 gen 2, Beoplay E8 3.0

Mikipedia on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Mikipedia

Mikipedi4 on Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/mikipedi4

Mikipedia on Intagram: https://www.instagram.com/mikipedi4/

Old: Beosound 9000 mk3, Beolab 3's, Beovision Eclipse, Beolab 1's, Beolab 2, Beovision 10-46, Overture 2300, beolab 8000's, Beolab 4000's, Beovision avant 32" etc. etc.

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 521
Bronze Member
1990 replied on Sun, Apr 19 2020 9:20 AM

Millemissen:

Hm, this video is enlightening. You can “join” via Siri. That’s a new one for me. If you use a dedicated iPad/iPod touch for Music you won’t need to carry around your iPhone. I hope B&O or Khimo can find a way to leverage Siri for their own products. Savant can do it, so it seems like there is a way for third parties.

mbolo01
Top 50 Contributor
Louannec - France
Posts 2,025
Bronze Member
mbolo01 replied on Sun, Apr 19 2020 9:50 AM
1990:

If you use a dedicated iPad/iPod touch for Music you won’t need to carry around your iPhone

Assume your iPad is in the kitchen streaming AP 2 to one or two B&O products in your house, like in the video. Then you move to the bathroom and wants the music there. How do you achieve it with Siri if you have not anticipated your move and asked Siri to add the bathroom while you were in the kitchen ?

BS Moment, BS Core, BG 4002, BC 4500, BS1, BL18, BL19, BL8000 + RCV1, A6, M5, M3, A1, P6 (tks Botty), H5, TR1

Sandyb
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,171
Bronze Member
Sandyb replied on Sun, Apr 19 2020 10:46 AM

Exactly - and why I feel some are a bit dismissive that NL is going.

AP2/CC is great for simple cases, but lets not pretend we're not losing some functionality.

mbolo01:
1990:

If you use a dedicated iPad/iPod touch for Music you won’t need to carry around your iPhone

Assume your iPad is in the kitchen streaming AP 2 to one or two B&O products in your house, like in the video. Then you move to the bathroom and wants the music there. How do you achieve it with Siri if you have not anticipated your move and asked Siri to add the bathroom while you were in the kitchen ?

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 521
Bronze Member
1990 replied on Sun, Apr 19 2020 12:52 PM

Without an iDevice you won’t. But with an M3 or so you already have very limited control. So installing an iPod touch in every room is the only feasible solution for that level of comfort...

mbolo01
Top 50 Contributor
Louannec - France
Posts 2,025
Bronze Member
mbolo01 replied on Sun, Apr 19 2020 1:30 PM
1990:

So installing an iPod touch in every room is the only feasible solution for that level of comfort...

You cannot control the music flow of an iDevice from another IDevice I’m afraid, unless I’m told differently (just tried it with a Mac/iPad/IPhone)

Whereas you can do a lot from many B&O NL product such as joining/changing/leaving multiroom groups, changing sources, moving forward/backward within the source content ... without the need for a smartphone or a tablet

Carolpa
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,671
Bronze Member
Carolpa replied on Sun, Apr 19 2020 1:53 PM

Lets have a Party !!!

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
Posts 14,607
Bronze Member

seethroughyou:
Millemissen:

MM

Can I check, does the man in this video with a strange Dutch accent, wearing a B&O shirt so nicely ironed by his wife, actually work for B&O or is he a bit of a crazy B&O fanatic fanboy who usually walks around his house talking to his B&O purchases in his specially embroidered B&O shirts and clothes made just for him?

Does anyone else wear custom made B&O clothes whilst playing with their B&O toys pretending to have a Dane-esssssssh accent with lots of essssshes at the end of words? Big SmileStick out tongue

Certainly he is a guy who works for B&O.

The video is made for the dealers to show options of the current portofolio.

I was made in the BeoHome in the HQ in Struer - I’ve been in that room several times.

By the way...he is danish and speaks english with a danish accent - dutch is rather different, as Miki noted.

MM

Jaffrey2230
Top 150 Contributor
Washington DC
Posts 520
Bronze Member

Not sure what you mean by control the flow of music. But here is what I just did:

1. My Beosound Stage is called “Dining Room Spesker”

2. I used my iPhone to Play some music on that speaker

3. Went  to my iPad and pulled down the AirPlay/Speaker control panel,

4. Selected the dining room speaker and and changed the volume and also the song playing...

steps 3 and 4 happen in the same widget so it’s one step.

I can also use ‘hey Siri’ to move the music or join other speakers - like my A9 in the living room.

If you can describe what the use case you had in mind, I can try it out 🙂

B&O in my life 😊: 

• Beoplay P6 (Portable)

mbolo01
Top 50 Contributor
Louannec - France
Posts 2,025
Bronze Member
mbolo01 replied on Sun, Apr 19 2020 2:58 PM

Jaffrey2230:

3. Went  to my iPad and pulled down the AirPlay/Speaker control panel,

Was the iPad the music source instead of the iPhone at this stage or were you controlling what the iPhone was playing from the iPad ? In other words did you start a playlist on the iPhone and you were able to track forward in this playlist from the iPad, or did you start a new playlist on the iPad against the speaker previously playing the iPhone playlist? that is the question.

On my side, when I tested it, my iPad could only control the music app running on it, not the one running on my iPhone , or I don’t know how to achieve it.

EDIT: Ok I see how to do it now! Need to order an iDevice per room now :-) Unless B&O implement this control in their devices at some point.

Jaffrey2230
Top 150 Contributor
Washington DC
Posts 520
Bronze Member

Starting the playlist from my ipad and then changing the tracks on the speaker from my ipad is most definitely possible. I have done it many times! When you swipe down and tap on the speaker you will get the music controls for the speaker along with album art with the next, previous and pause symbols. That is not a problem.

I use Apple Music and it works for Apple Music. I am not sure why it won't work for other sources.

B&O in my life 😊: 

• Beoplay P6 (Portable)

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 521
Bronze Member
1990 replied on Mon, Apr 20 2020 12:54 PM

Jaffrey2230:

Starting the playlist from my ipad and then changing the tracks on the speaker from my ipad is most definitely possible. I have done it many times! When you swipe down and tap on the speaker you will get the music controls for the speaker along with album art with the next, previous and pause symbols. That is not a problem.

Hm, I get some faults trying to do this. And it seems that macOS is excluded from this use case.

mbolo01
Top 50 Contributor
Louannec - France
Posts 2,025
Bronze Member
mbolo01 replied on Mon, Apr 20 2020 3:51 PM
1990:
Hm, I get some faults trying to do this. And it seems that macOS is excluded from this use case.

What I was able to do:

Ask Siri to open a third-party music app on my iPhone, the app returned to the last played track of the previously loaded playlist but without effectively playing it

Ask Siri to play what "was playing" in my iPhone in the kitchen (room name where my M3 is). If music is actually playing on the iPhone, you cannot pass the Siri command.

Ask Siri to add the bedroom (room name where my BS1 is) into the music

Using the iPad I was able to control (volume, next, previous, stop, start) what was playing in the kitchen + bedroom through the AP menu

Using my Mac, to control (volume, next, previous, stop, start) what was playing in the kitchen + bedroom via iTunes by selecting the AP menu

In summary:

Pro: AP2 multiroom control exists from IOS/MacOS, should be better when iTunes or Music are the music source as you can better control the content you want to play (not currently possible with the third party app I use).

Cons:

Assuming you have AP2 receivers in different rooms that you want to control as you go, you need to either carry an iDevice with you or you need to have an AP2 controller such as an iDevice in the relevant rooms which on top of being expensive and not green, is far less convenient than controlling directly from the speaker, i.e Beolink and device physical controls such « tap to join », swipe/turn to change track/channel, double tap to change music source like TuneIn, DLNA or any linked one such a Turntable.

Dillen
Top 10 Contributor
Copenhagen / Denmark
Posts 13,156
Founder
Dillen replied on Mon, Apr 20 2020 7:29 PM

Had to clean this up a little.
Guys, please...

Martin

mbolo01
Top 50 Contributor
Louannec - France
Posts 2,025
Bronze Member
mbolo01 replied on Wed, Apr 22 2020 4:51 PM
But what we cannot do with AP2 is to add another product in a multiroom group from an iDevice that is not the music source itself, we can just perform basic control on the currently playing music (volume, forward, backward, stop, start). Correct ?

Where with Beolink you can perform all possible combinations between sources and targets from a single application.

vlohjr1
Top 150 Contributor
Posts 548
Bronze Member
vlohjr1 replied on Wed, Apr 22 2020 5:55 PM
mbolo01:

But what we cannot do with AP2 is to add another product in a multiroom group from an iDevice that is not the music source itself, we can just perform basic control on the currently playing music (volume, forward, backward, stop, start). Correct ?

Where with Beolink you can perform all possible combinations between sources and targets from a single application. BS Moment, BS Core, BG 4002, BC 4500, BS1, BL18, BL19, BL8000 + RCV1, A6, M5, M3, A1, P6 (tks Botty), H5, TR1

That’s my understanding and that’s what makes NL so good
Jaffrey2230
Top 150 Contributor
Washington DC
Posts 520
Bronze Member

That is not correct. I can play music from an iPhone on speaker 1 and 2 and change the music on either one or both from my iPad. It is easily done. I have no idea people believe it can't be done. You can change the tracks and do any of the above.

B&O in my life 😊: 

• Beoplay P6 (Portable)

Jaffrey2230
Top 150 Contributor
Washington DC
Posts 520
Bronze Member

What faults? If your iPad and iPhone are on the same network it would work.

You should be able to do it from the Music App on a Mac. You have the same controls. However, I haven't tried it with a Mac, just know that the controls are there.

B&O in my life 😊: 

• Beoplay P6 (Portable)

Jaffrey2230
Top 150 Contributor
Washington DC
Posts 520
Bronze Member

Again, this is a misconception. You can use Siri Command with Spotify and others I suppose. One of my friends uses Siri with Spotify - all you need to add is "with Spotify"...

B&O in my life 😊: 

• Beoplay P6 (Portable)

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 521
Bronze Member
1990 replied on Wed, Apr 22 2020 7:13 PM

Jaffrey2230:

You should be able to do it from the Music App on a Mac. You have the same controls. However, I haven't tried it with a Mac, just know that the controls are there.

For iOS-based devices I can confirm that works. But no succes from my Macbook via the macOS Music app. You could use Siri from your Macbook I guess?

And: what about the Apple Watch?

matador43
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,362
Bronze Member
matador43 replied on Wed, Apr 22 2020 7:14 PM

Jaffrey2230:
That is not correct. I can play music from an iPhone on speaker 1 and 2 and change the music on either one or both from my iPad. It is easily done. I have no idea people believe it can't be done. You can change the tracks and do any of the above.

Even with Airplay 1.

In my setup (a mix of standalone speakers and devices hooked to airport bases OG and NG), I can enable/disable any "speaker" from the source or just shut down the actual "speaker", say any Beosound as needed (Like when entering the bathroom, turning on the A1 which is usually off);

But what can't be done as far as i know, is say play on track in part of the house and another source to another part. At least not from the same App (iTunes in my case).

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 521
Bronze Member
1990 replied on Wed, Apr 22 2020 7:22 PM

matador43:

But what can't be done as far as i know, is say play on track in part of the house and another source to another part. At least not from the same App (iTunes in my case).

Indeed. You can't do that from the same iOS-device. And for Apple Music, you can only stream multiple songs at once if you have a Family account.

mbolo01
Top 50 Contributor
Louannec - France
Posts 2,025
Bronze Member
mbolo01 replied on Wed, Apr 22 2020 7:36 PM
Jaffrey2230:

What I meant is the following:

1 - Start music in the kitchen from your iPad

2 - Join the bedroom to what’s playing in the kitchen from your iPhone

Beolink can, and much more

mbolo01
Top 50 Contributor
Louannec - France
Posts 2,025
Bronze Member
mbolo01 replied on Wed, Apr 22 2020 7:50 PM
1990:

. But no succes from my Macbook via the macOS Music app

As mentioned in a previous post, I was able to « control » what my iPhone was streaming to an AP2 receiver from iTunes running on my Mac.

Screenshot below shows the iTunes speaker group drop down with « Cuisine » AP2 speaker that is streaming music from my iPhone. I can perform the basic controls from there.

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 521
Bronze Member
1990 replied on Wed, Apr 22 2020 7:52 PM

mbolo01:

What I meant is the following:

1 - Start music in the kitchen from your iPad

2 - Join the bedroom to what’s playing in the kitchen from your iPhone

Beolink can, and much more

You can do this from every iDevice on the network. Via your screen or Siri. And perhaps from your Apple Watch too.

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 521
Bronze Member
1990 replied on Wed, Apr 22 2020 7:54 PM

mbolo01:
1990:

. But no succes from my Macbook via the macOS Music app

As mentioned in a previous post, I was able to « control » what my iPhone was streaming to an AP2 receiver from iTunes running on my Mac.

Screenshot below shows the iTunes speaker group drop down with « Cuisine » AP2 speaker that is streaming music from my iPhone. I can perform the basic controls from there.

Are you using iTunes or the new Music app?

Page 1 of 3 (88 items) 1 2 3 Next > | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL