Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 83 Replies | 3 Followers

John
Not Ranked
Manchester
35 Posts
Bronze Member
John posted on Tue, Mar 31 2020 11:50 AM

Hello you lovely BeoWorlders. 

Thanks to last week's live stream being much more successful than I anticipated I thought another might be fun. (Huge thanks to Steve at Sounds Heavenly and Mikipedia) 

This week I have Boss Man Ian joining me and we have a couple of interesting things to discuss with remote support tools and hopefully some news from B&O HQ about future plans. 

If you have any questions you would like us to answer please feel free to leave them here or join us on Friday evening at 20:00 UK time. They don't have to be B&O related, whatever you like. 

All the best, John. 

All Replies

shell65
Not Ranked
6 Posts
Bronze Member
shell65 replied on Tue, Mar 31 2020 12:32 PM

Hi John,

Thats cool, thx for the efforts put in to make this happen. 

Have a question related to the Stage. Audio stream of HDMI or HDMI ARC sources cant be distributed right now. Any plans for that in the future... or in general whats the game plan to integrate TV sound into the b&o speaker ecosystem. (am not talking about surround but really just TV sounds propagation via Stage to the wireless speakers of B&O) 

In addition the line-in source of the stage can already  be distributed but lacks delay feature which creates echo and makes the functionallity pretty much useless. Any outlook for a firmware update to fix that? 

Thanks. 

Regards

John
Not Ranked
Manchester
35 Posts
Bronze Member
John replied on Tue, Mar 31 2020 12:35 PM

Good question, thanks. 

Mikipidia
Top 75 Contributor
1,361 Posts
Gold Member
What kind of setup does Bossman Ian have at home? And what are his favourite products?Big Smile

New: Beovision Harmony, Beolab 50's, Beolab 18's, Beolab 17's, Beolab 3's, Beosound 9000 mk3, Beosound Stage & LG, Beosound 2, Beoplay M3, Beoplay A1, Beoplay H4 gen 2, Beoplay E8 3.0

Mikipedia on YouTube (finally Stick out tongue )

https://www.youtube.com/c/Mikipedia

Old: Beovision Eclipse, Beolab 1's, Beolab 2, Beovision 10-46, Overture 2300, beolab 8000's, Beolab 4000's, Beovision avant 32" etc. etc.

Sandyb
Top 50 Contributor
1,716 Posts
Bronze Member
Sandyb replied on Tue, Mar 31 2020 1:43 PM

I'd love to know how Richard is coping during the lockdown.

Haven't seen him in a while - assuming he's self isolating.

Razlaw
Top 25 Contributor
3,923 Posts
Bronze Member
Razlaw replied on Tue, Mar 31 2020 1:51 PM
Great! Looking forward to it!

Beolab 50s Beolab 9s Beolab 12-3s Beolab 1s Beolab 6000s 2 pairs Beolab 4000s Beovision 7-55 Beovision 10-40 Beoplay V1 32 inch Beovision Avant 32 inch Beosound 1 (CD player) Beosound 3000 Beosound 5 Core Essence MKII Beoplay M5

seethroughyou
Top 150 Contributor
UK
763 Posts
Bronze Member
Just posted this above but if you could deal with on Live Stream that would be great:

I am considering getting a Core and wondered what fellow Beoworlders make of it several years down the line? Is it an enjoyable, mature and reliable product? The app crashed a lot in 2017 and I needed to power cycle/restart it to pull it out of crashing.

Does anyone know if Airplay2 handles 24bit, 96-192khz files if I were to stream them to the Core? It’s not critical but helpful to know when deciding to go with a more pricey classical music streaming plan that offers genuine high resolution material or not.

Thank you very much.
Razlaw
Top 25 Contributor
3,923 Posts
Bronze Member
Razlaw replied on Tue, Mar 31 2020 4:21 PM
Some questions I have....

Have a Core connected to 50s by optical.

Any thoughts on different connections or sources to maximize the benefit of the 50s?

Any opinions on difference, if any, between Core’s internal Deezer or streaming from Deezer app?

Beolab 50s Beolab 9s Beolab 12-3s Beolab 1s Beolab 6000s 2 pairs Beolab 4000s Beovision 7-55 Beovision 10-40 Beoplay V1 32 inch Beovision Avant 32 inch Beosound 1 (CD player) Beosound 3000 Beosound 5 Core Essence MKII Beoplay M5

jvezina
Top 500 Contributor
170 Posts
Gold Member

One particular question:

Are you aware of the "hack" consisting to connect a LG C9 to the Eclipse Sound Center and using the B&O app on the C9 to allow communication?

Is it working well ?

Thanks,

Jean

seethroughyou
Top 150 Contributor
UK
763 Posts
Bronze Member
Are B&O aware of the concerns customers have had about their software in recent products and the customer service in recent years?

Do you think B&O will make another audio master or with the era of Airplay, Chromecast etc... are B&O moving away from this concept?

What would you as a dealer like to see B&O make?

What would you as a dealer like to see B&O do with respect to business strategy to make B&O thrive?

What is your favourite B&O TV, speaker, audio, portable ever?
James1980
Not Ranked
43 Posts
Bronze Member

I’m having issues with the tuning of my BV 10 in the Manchester area. It’s caused bbc channels to move up to 700+ on the epg. Any way to resolve? 

Beovision 10, Beoplay V1, Beolab 9, Beolab 4,  Beosound 2, Beosound Moment , Beoplay M3, Beogram 1700

John
Not Ranked
Manchester
35 Posts
Bronze Member
John replied on Wed, Apr 1 2020 10:28 AM

All excellent questions, thanks and keep them coming. John

John
Not Ranked
Manchester
35 Posts
Bronze Member
John replied on Wed, Apr 1 2020 10:29 AM

John
Not Ranked
Manchester
35 Posts
Bronze Member
John replied on Wed, Apr 1 2020 10:29 AM

Beobuddy
Top 25 Contributor
Utrecht, The Netherlands
3,714 Posts
Founder

An idea to show how people have to use alternatives when they are used to use the B&O app. How to make one or more speakergroups in Home, how to select one of more speakers? Does it require more app's for every source, or is it possible within the Home app? Just a suggestion. Macbook-iPad-etc

Page 1 of 6 (84 items) 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL