Jean

Answered (Verified) Verified Answer

Ferdinand
Top 150 Contributor
Malmö, Sweden
496 Posts
Gold Member
Verified by poodleboy
I saw the Halo at my dealer on Saturday, and although I was already intrigued since the first leaked video it didn’t disappoint at all, knowing that some people do not like it.

I would have a very limited use-case for my BS1, as my other B&O products are too old, but I still want to have one. That it is a great achievement.

There is probably no good rationale explanation why one would spend ca 700$ on a volume remote control. I am now having tough discussions with the FS (wife), as she states ‘you buy Halo I say Hejdå (goodbye) Big Smile

And then my dealer came up with the great idea that I need a Core as well for my BS9000 😀

I love his enthusiasm.

“I have to work on my core” I tell my wife in return Smile

To be continued, and please do see the Halo IRL it is amazingly cool.

All Replies

seethroughyou
Top 100 Contributor
UK
834 Posts
Bronze Member
beojeff:

My dealer has said that the Halo at launch will just have the features of an Essence Remote at launch but that it will become a full-featured remote in coming months....

Now, where have we heard this before of promising all and then failing to deliver? Please prove me wrong. Don’t f*** up the software B&O (again).
trackbeo
Top 200 Contributor
409 Posts
Bronze Member

[[Sigh.  I just clicked "mark as not answer" on the post above, to which I was about to reply, because some lamer marked it as "The Answer" by mistake.  (Crowds out the first page of responses, and not "The" anyway.)  But now the post is completely gone!!!  Sorry to whoever.  Can mods resurrect?  Software, love/hate...]]

Tassos
Top 500 Contributor
Athens
226 Posts
Bronze Member
Tassos replied on Fri, Sep 18 2020 7:05 AM

beojeff:

My dealer has said that the Halo at launch will just have the features of an Essence Remote at launch but that it will become a full-featured remote in coming months. This seems consistent with the initial manual. The true test for me will be if it can connect to an NL/ML Converter via NL and offer access of the mapped sources.

Going through the manual it looks that it will do more than the essence control.

mbolo01
Top 75 Contributor
Annecy - France
1,654 Posts
Gold Member
Tassos:

Going through the manual it looks that it will do more than the essence control.

For the price difference I would expect much more than what is described in the manual.

BS Moment, BS Core, BG 4002, BC 4500, BS1, BL18, BL19, BL8000 + RCV1, A6, M5, M3, A1, P6 (tks Botty), H5, TR1

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
13,432 Posts
Bronze Member

Maybe one more thing to admire.....when other people have bought it.

I am still waiting to see the benefit of this device.

MM

There is a tv - and there is a BV.

Top 200 Contributor
388 Posts
Bronze Member
1990 replied on Fri, Sep 18 2020 10:22 AM

Controlling multiple speakers in a much more intuitive way than with a BROne (and impossible with an Essence remote) is enough extra functionality for me! I want one...

beojeff
Top 50 Contributor
USA
1,782 Posts
Bronze Member
beojeff replied on Fri, Sep 18 2020 10:42 AM

1990:

Controlling multiple speakers in a much more intuitive way than with a BROne (and impossible with an Essence remote) is enough extra functionality for me! I want one...

I agree.

When my dealer tells me that the Halo will have limited functions initially so as to manage my expectations, I trust his wisdom. That being said, I do see that there will be a need for improved functionality for this product to succeed. At its price point it's not the easy add-on sale that an Essence wall remote is.

Beozip
Top 500 Contributor
234 Posts
Bronze Member

I bought it today and my first version has no microfone .... Sad

Emil Jensen
Top 150 Contributor
Denmark
582 Posts
Bronze Member

Hallo Beozip,

Congratulation with your purchase,

Please post more pictures of the function of the screen :)

Beovision Eclipse, Beolab 5, Beolab 17, Beosound 1 Google assist, Beoplay M3, Beoplay H6, Beoplay Earset 

beojeff
Top 50 Contributor
USA
1,782 Posts
Bronze Member
beojeff replied on Fri, Sep 18 2020 10:51 AM

Beozip-

Are you able to configure the Halo now, or must we wait for the B&O app to be updated for its support?

Beozip
Top 500 Contributor
234 Posts
Bronze Member

.... and no Bang & Olufsen logo looks like from FCC side. Only a small B&O logo Sad

To the technical options I can not say because for me its only a nice must have and looks very cool.

The wheel has a very fine grid and makes a click click as by a cracksman to open the vault Big Smile

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
13,432 Posts
Bronze Member

1990:

If I could only listen to ‘multiple speakers’. 
I can’t.....but maybe that is just me!

So don’t worry - I might be convinceable ;-)

MM 

Top 200 Contributor
388 Posts
Bronze Member
1990 replied on Fri, Sep 18 2020 11:44 AM

WoW! Lets have a Party !!!

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
13,432 Posts
Bronze Member

Beozip:

I bought it today....

Was that supposed to happen - it hasn’t been launched officially, yet.

MM

beojeff
Top 50 Contributor
USA
1,782 Posts
Bronze Member
beojeff replied on Fri, Sep 18 2020 11:51 AM

Millemissen:

1990:

If I could only listen to ‘multiple speakers’. 
I can’t.....but maybe that is just me!

So don’t worry - I might be convinceable ;-)

MM 

This applies perfectly to my situation. In my kitchen, I need to be able to control the BeoSound 1 and the kitchen TV speakers in the kitchen as well as controlling the BeoLab 3 speakers in the dinning room and the TV speakers in the living room. With my open loft floor plan, all of these speakers can be heard in the kitchen. Currently, I must keep switching modes on the BeoRemote One.

Page 9 of 34 (498 items) « First ... < Previous 7 8 9 10 11 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL