Jean

Answered (Verified) Verified Answer

Ferdinand
Top 150 Contributor
Malmö, Sweden
496 Posts
Gold Member
Verified by poodleboy
I saw the Halo at my dealer on Saturday, and although I was already intrigued since the first leaked video it didn’t disappoint at all, knowing that some people do not like it.

I would have a very limited use-case for my BS1, as my other B&O products are too old, but I still want to have one. That it is a great achievement.

There is probably no good rationale explanation why one would spend ca 700$ on a volume remote control. I am now having tough discussions with the FS (wife), as she states ‘you buy Halo I say Hejdå (goodbye) Big Smile

And then my dealer came up with the great idea that I need a Core as well for my BS9000 😀

I love his enthusiasm.

“I have to work on my core” I tell my wife in return Smile

To be continued, and please do see the Halo IRL it is amazingly cool.

All Replies

mr_anders_son
Top 75 Contributor
sweden
1,614 Posts
Bronze Member
Link does not work anymore...taken downCool

BeoVision Eclipse 55"...BeoLab 5 FRONT....BeoLab 4000 as REAR....BV5 HD....Beoplay V1-40....BV10-32....BC6-26....Beosound 9000....Beosound 1 New York edt....Beosound Stage....Beoplay S3....BeoRemote One BT....Beo6....Beo4....Beo4 Cinema....BeoLink 7000....Serene....H9i Rimowa....6 x H6....Form 1....U70...

Seanie_230
Top 50 Contributor
UK
2,094 Posts
Gold Member
On a Saturday wow that’s was fast

Eclipse 65
V1-32
Beosound M5
Essence MK2
BLI

Sandyb
Top 50 Contributor
1,800 Posts
Bronze Member
Sandyb replied on Sat, Jul 25 2020 4:44 PM

Its very much not a (new) Moment.

Its only a controller for other products and their music sources.

The bigger question is whether it offers the full range of control of a BR One, or the B&O app.

Or both?

Anyway, looks nice in pic at least.

EgonOlsen:
That is the new BS Moment. With an ring outside.

Where is WiSA ? Is it wifi? Can i connect for instance my BL 18 with the halo? I saw no pl

Top 200 Contributor
388 Posts
Bronze Member
1990 replied on Sat, Jul 25 2020 4:46 PM

Curly:

So the wall will have to be pre-drilled to accommodate it, whereas a Moment remote can take a replaceable battery and just be affixed anywhere on a wall. Bummer.

I don’t think it has to be, Qi (wireless) charging is also mentioned. Ideal for the tabletop remote, it seems to be portable and chargeable with the zany Qi-charging pad. 

beojeff
Top 50 Contributor
USA
1,782 Posts
Bronze Member
My dealer has advised that at launch the Halo will have rather basic functions as a music controller to replace the Essence remote. However, the Halo is designed to receive future software updates to add features.
matador43
Top 100 Contributor
986 Posts
Bronze Member

beojeff:
the Halo is designed to receive future software updates to add features.

C'mon, we're in 2020! that's the least you can expect from a digital device even if it looks like a Taschen book future design!

Sandyb
Top 50 Contributor
1,800 Posts
Bronze Member
Sandyb replied on Sat, Jul 25 2020 6:34 PM

Indeed, and that would be my fear / reason for waiting 6 months or so to see how it evolves.

The website description seems to suggest its initial specification is an Essence remote with a display - I thoroughly doubt it will have speaker group selection, meaningful music browsing, light controls, basic BV control etc at launch.  

If the my buttons are limited to radio stations, that would be disappointing - plenty of other brands have my button equivalents that can trigger radio stations and playlists / albums, which is a much more acceptable feature set.

beojeff:
My dealer has advised that at launch the Halo will have rather basic functions as a music controller to replace the Essence remote. However, the Halo is designed to receive future software updates to add features.

Curly
Top 500 Contributor
FL, USA
85 Posts
Gold Member
Curly replied on Sat, Jul 25 2020 6:44 PM

Word must have gotten out that the test product pages had leaked publically. Everything appears shutdown now. It was a great peek at the Halo and H95, though!

No harm intended, B&O. We’re all just superfans eager to see what’s coming next. :)

Currently: BeoSound Core, BeoLab 17, BeoLab 18

Previously: BeoSound 1 non-GVA

Beobuddy
Top 25 Contributor
Utrecht, The Netherlands
3,765 Posts
Founder

I’m wondering if the ring itself can be taken of it’s dock? Or is it permanent sitting on the wall or stand? How does the volume work? Same as with an A9?

Steph
Top 100 Contributor
France
1,026 Posts
Bronze Member
Steph replied on Sat, Jul 25 2020 7:20 PM

Maybe like a beosound 1 or 2, or an essence

beojeff
Top 50 Contributor
USA
1,782 Posts
Bronze Member

matador43:

beojeff:
the Halo is designed to receive future software updates to add features.

C'mon, we're in 2020! that's the least you can expect from a digital device even if it looks like a Taschen book future design!

Well, I think we all accept that software development is NOT one of B&O's strengths -- as seen from the Moment, B&O app, and the outsourcing of the BLI. The flexibility of software updates and programability of the Essence remote was always something that I wanted -- but not at $750.

Sandyb
Top 50 Contributor
1,800 Posts
Bronze Member
Sandyb replied on Sat, Jul 25 2020 8:20 PM
beojeff:

Well, I think we all accept that software development is NOT one of B&O's strengths -- as seen from the Moment, B&O app, and the outsourcing of the BLI. The flexibility of software updates and programability of the Essence remote was always something that I wanted -- but not at $750.

Agreed - I’ll pass if it’s pretty much an Essence remote with display.

Will revisit in 9 months if more gets added

But let’s see if there are any surprises at launch
Top 200 Contributor
388 Posts
Bronze Member
1990 replied on Sat, Jul 25 2020 9:17 PM

Sandyb:

Except that there are visible presets and more connections options (LAN!) and you can control all your products from one Halo.

Sandyb
Top 50 Contributor
1,800 Posts
Bronze Member
Sandyb replied on Sat, Jul 25 2020 9:25 PM

Not sure if that represents a big leap forward tbh, but let's see.

I'd certainly hope the presets aren't restricted to radio stations alone - playlists / albums should be allowed too.

And can different presets be assigned to different products (I doubt it, but would be example of an improvement)

Certainly looks nice enough.

1990:

Sandyb:

Except that there are visible presets and more connections options (LAN!) and you can control all your products from one Halo.

Top 200 Contributor
388 Posts
Bronze Member
1990 replied on Sat, Jul 25 2020 9:29 PM

Sandyb:

I'd certainly hope the presets aren't restricted to radio stations alone - playlists / albums should be allowed too.

I'm afraid that it'll be radio stations only reading the description, just like on the BROne.

Page 6 of 34 (498 items) « First ... < Previous 4 5 6 7 8 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL