Sign in   |  Join   |  Help

Beoremote Halo, the future B&O remote control

rated by 0 users
Answered (Verified) This post has 2 verified answers | 586 Replies | 9 Followers

jvezina
Top 500 Contributor
184 Posts
Gold Member
jvezina posted on Fri, Mar 6 2020 3:56 PM

The FCC has released information about the table version

https://fccid.io/TTU-HALOTABLE

Have a nice day,

Jean

Answered (Verified) Verified Answer

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
13,643 Posts
Bronze Member
Verified by elliotsen

Might take (up to) 180 days before we know anything further.

MM

There is a tv - and there is a BV.

Ferdinand
Top 150 Contributor
Malmö, Sweden
509 Posts
Gold Member
Verified by poodleboy
I saw the Halo at my dealer on Saturday, and although I was already intrigued since the first leaked video it didn’t disappoint at all, knowing that some people do not like it.

I would have a very limited use-case for my BS1, as my other B&O products are too old, but I still want to have one. That it is a great achievement.

There is probably no good rationale explanation why one would spend ca 700$ on a volume remote control. I am now having tough discussions with the FS (wife), as she states ‘you buy Halo I say Hejdå (goodbye) Big Smile

And then my dealer came up with the great idea that I need a Core as well for my BS9000 😀

I love his enthusiasm.

“I have to work on my core” I tell my wife in return Smile

To be continued, and please do see the Halo IRL it is amazingly cool.

All Replies

Carolpa
Top 75 Contributor
1,171 Posts
Bronze Member

laseralex:
I am having exactly the same problem with a Halo I received yesterday: red dot indicating software update, grayed out update button, and no multiroom icon.

I have submitted a support case.  I expect B&O will acknowledge receipt of the inquiry, wait a few days to tell me it has been raised to a higher level, and then never respond to me again.  😕

I read about the link icon after unpacking. It didn't show.Then I saw an update was due....... tried to pull the update, had a greyed out button. But within 3 hour the Halo was up and running with the latest sw.

So no havoc, just little patience (which I didn't have.......)

Wolf_70
Not Ranked
26 Posts
Bronze Member

HALOlujah

Update was installed over night! I connected it to the power supply in a strong WLAN area. Then over night the update was installed to the lastest software was installed (1.1.2890).

laseralex
Top 500 Contributor
154 Posts
Gold Member

Wolf_70:
HALOlujah

Big Smile

I had the same result - left for a day and when I came back the update was installed.

Sources: 2x Beosound Moment • 4x Beosound Essence Mk II
Speakers: 3x Beolab 8000 • 1x Beolab 6000 • 1x Beolab 3 • 3x Beolab 2 • 4x BeoPlay M5 • 1x BeoPlay A6
Control:  9x Essence Remote  • 1x Beoremote Halo

HH1971
Not Ranked
55 Posts
Bronze Member

moxxey:
On a different note, I don't think I've used my Halo since I bought it. It doesn't even impress anyone either. Was slightly shocked by that. People just don't do 'big volume controllers' anymore and this made me think - it's an object which looks good over something of any real practicality for me.

Interesting statement, but no surprise. Because (1) B&O is not able to integrate different music streaming platforms into their app / software so that you have easy access to the content and (2) additionally B&O focus on Airplay and Chromecast as multiroom protocol. Following this strategy there is not much left to control beside loudness and next track. 

B&O always starts with a good idea, but still does not understand that innovative and user friendly software sells hardware not the other way around. Only focusing on "craftsmanship" is too less to be successful.

Sandyb
Top 50 Contributor
1,875 Posts
Bronze Member
HH1971:

Interesting statement, but no surprise. Because (1) B&O is not able to integrate different music streaming platforms into their app / software so that you have easy access to the content and (2) additionally B&O focus on Airplay and Chromecast as multiroom protocol. Following this strategy there is not much left to control beside loudness and next track.

B&O always starts with a good idea, but still does not understand that innovative and user friendly software sells hardware not the other way around. Only focusing on "craftsmanship" is too less to be successful.

Yes, form has taken precedence over function with the Halo.

I hold out little or no hope that future updates will make it a more broadly useful device.

mr_anders_son
Top 75 Contributor
sweden
1,633 Posts
Founder
In 2 month a new update will come.

Pilot Beovision etc....

BeoVision Eclipse 55"...BeoLab 5 FRONT....BeoLab 4000 as REAR....BV5 HD....Beoplay V1-40....BV10-32....BC6-26....Beosound 9000....Beosound 1 New York edt....Beogram 4002....Beoplay M5....Beoplay M3....Beoremote Halo....BeoRemote One BT....Beo6....Beo4....Beo4 Cinema....BeoLink 7000....Serene....H95 Black LTD....H9i Rimowa....6 x H6....Form 1....U70...

tigerisak
Top 500 Contributor
122 Posts
Bronze Member

So there will be a FW update so you can control Eclipse?

mr_anders_son
Top 75 Contributor
sweden
1,633 Posts
Founder
tigerisak:

Yes.

Next year!

BeoVision Eclipse 55"...BeoLab 5 FRONT....BeoLab 4000 as REAR....BV5 HD....Beoplay V1-40....BV10-32....BC6-26....Beosound 9000....Beosound 1 New York edt....Beogram 4002....Beoplay M5....Beoplay M3....Beoremote Halo....BeoRemote One BT....Beo6....Beo4....Beo4 Cinema....BeoLink 7000....Serene....H95 Black LTD....H9i Rimowa....6 x H6....Form 1....U70...

beojeff
Top 50 Contributor
USA
1,819 Posts
Bronze Member

mr_anders_son:
tigerisak:

Yes.

Next year!

PLEASE don't neglect the NL/ML Converter in the update! The NL/ML Converter opens up so many possibilities. For example, control of legacy BeoSounds, BeoVisions, and BeoSystems. Also, the use of NL/ML Converters that have BeoLab speakers connected to them.

seethroughyou
Top 100 Contributor
UK
857 Posts
Bronze Member
When they say next year, B&O mean the second half of 2021 but it will have bugs. Things that now work may get broken in the update requiring another update arriving in late 2022 and then it will suddenly become EOL discontinued. This is the usual trajectory for B&O.
Sandyb
Top 50 Contributor
1,875 Posts
Bronze Member
Sandyb replied on Fri, Dec 4 2020 12:22 PM
seethroughyou:

When they say next year, B&O mean the second half of 2021 but it will have bugs. Things that now work may get broken in the update requiring another update arriving in late 2022 and then it will suddenly become EOL discontinued. This is the usual trajectory for B&O.

Indeed, and some version of what you wrote would seem to be the most likely outcome.

The Halo has been out for over 2 months now - I did suggest then that any software updates adding functionality would take more like 6 months. And if i was a betting man, I’d bet longer than 6 months from release.

Tha Balance has been out for closer to 9 months, and the promised addition of multiroom (promised pretty quickly post launch) has yet to appear.

They are very slow at this kind of thing.

I dont think the Halo will be EOL’d as soon as you suggested though - it does look like it will be around for longer, though that’s just my intuition.

moxxey
Top 25 Contributor
South West, UK
5,240 Posts
Bronze Member

Sandyb:

Yes, form has taken precedence over function with the Halo.

Mine ran out of battery (again) power about 3 weeks ago, not bothered charging it. Never use it. It's one of those devices we kid ourselves in to thinking we need. I just pick up the BeoRemote most of the time.

Might be a better once I move house (early 2021) and I can wall mount the Halo. But it does spook me how quickly it runs out of battery compared to the BeoRemote (almost the same tech!).

Sandyb
Top 50 Contributor
1,875 Posts
Bronze Member
moxxey:

Mine ran out of battery (again) power about 3 weeks ago, not bothered charging it. Never use it. It's one of those devices we kid ourselves in to thinking we need. I just pick up the BeoRemote most of the time.

Might be a better once I move house (early 2021) and I can wall mount the Halo. But it does spook me how quickly it runs out of battery compared to the BeoRemote (almost the same tech!).

Neither of those things surprise me

When it comes to battery life, most of my devices are pretty poor battery wise, so much as it would be amusing to berate B&O, it's a common problem

As for the Halo usage, it's too limited a product to gain much use. Any assumption that it would gain new functionality soon was misplaced I would suggest
Jaffrey2230
Top 150 Contributor
Washington DC
500 Posts
Silver Member

Interesting. I found the Halo too expensive so I ended up just using an iPhone docked with the B&O App and I find myself using it all the time and probably one of my best moves. It's an old iPhone X and in addition to B&O, I use it with Apple Home, Apple Music, Hue and Ecobee...I was planning on getting a Halo for Christmas, but might hold off now. I don't mind the current B&O App at all. 

B&O in my life 😊: 

• Beolab 8002 + Beolab 2 + Beosound Core with Essence Remote (Office)
  • Beolab 6000 + Beolab 11 + Beosound Core with Essence Remote (Bedroom)
  • Beoplay A9 Mk2 (Living Room)
  • Beosound 1 with wireless dock (Portable)
  • Beosound Balance (Dining)
  • Beoplay H95 (Focused listening, travel)
  • Beoplay H9 (3rd gen) (retired)
  • Beoplay P6 (Portable)
  • Beotime wall clock (hallway entrance)
  • BMW X5 50i with B&O Audio Package (Commute/drive)

moxxey
Top 25 Contributor
South West, UK
5,240 Posts
Bronze Member

Sandyb:
As for the Halo usage, it's too limited a product to gain much use. Any assumption that it would gain new functionality soon was misplaced I would suggest

I think the Halo uses a lot of battery power because whenever you go near it the device senses and starts up and this happens....a lot. I wish it had a function to only sense your hand when you were much closer and perhaps about to touch the device? You can walk past it, 2 metres from the device and it starts up.

But I just find it fiddly and limiting. I occasionally used it to turn up volume, but even then you often have to find the speaker you want to adjust. I wish it would auto-sense the active speaker? That would make some sense. So say you're listening to your Stage, rather than go to the Halo and select Stage, then change volume, it could auto-sense it's playing and choose automatically.

Page 35 of 40 (587 items) « First ... < Previous 33 34 35 36 37 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL