Jean

Answered (Verified) Verified Answer

Ferdinand
Top 150 Contributor
Malmö, Sweden
499 Posts
Gold Member
Verified by poodleboy
I saw the Halo at my dealer on Saturday, and although I was already intrigued since the first leaked video it didn’t disappoint at all, knowing that some people do not like it.

I would have a very limited use-case for my BS1, as my other B&O products are too old, but I still want to have one. That it is a great achievement.

There is probably no good rationale explanation why one would spend ca 700$ on a volume remote control. I am now having tough discussions with the FS (wife), as she states ‘you buy Halo I say Hejdå (goodbye) Big Smile

And then my dealer came up with the great idea that I need a Core as well for my BS9000 😀

I love his enthusiasm.

“I have to work on my core” I tell my wife in return Smile

To be continued, and please do see the Halo IRL it is amazingly cool.

All Replies

AnalogPlanet
Top 150 Contributor
Vienna, Austria
615 Posts
Bronze Member

All of that is pretty usual thing I guess, just compare the price of a (new) iPad Air in the US vs Europe. And any other Apple product, btw. So the Halo, being the EU product, probably gets priced the other way around.

Mikipidia
Top 75 Contributor
1,655 Posts
Gold Member
The salestax(vat/btw etc) of 21% is included in the pricelists here, if the product is sent abroad that is not payed here. So if i ordered 50’s at asking price outside the EU from my dealer that would get an instant 21% pricecut, so i’d pay my dealer 5 and a bit grand in euro’s less than the pricetag in store. So the pre sales tax figure here for 50’s is ~$29000 US Dollar. That’s including all the dealers cut and b&o’s cut, no deals etc. So that’s an enormous markup.

I’ll see if i van find it again, the import tax thing and what not. I think it applies above a certain amount iirc. Eitherway it’s not helpful for b&o’s business in north america.

New: Beovision Harmony, Beolab 50's, Beolab 18's, Beolab 17's, Beolab 3's, Beosound 9000 mk3, Beosound Stage & LG, Beosound 2, Beoplay M3, Beoplay A1, Beoplay H4 gen 2, Beoplay E8 3.0

Mikipedia on YouTube (finally Stick out tongue )

https://www.youtube.com/c/Mikipedia

Old: Beovision Eclipse, Beolab 1's, Beolab 2, Beovision 10-46, Overture 2300, beolab 8000's, Beolab 4000's, Beovision avant 32" etc. etc.

trackbeo
Top 200 Contributor
429 Posts
Bronze Member

I usually include the VAT in my "emotional calculations" because, just imagine you ship an entire cargo container of B&O gear, how much of it arrives damaged?  (The high-end stuff I mean, probably the earphones arrive unscathed.)  So I reserve my outrage for retail pricing in excess of that.   But back to the Halo again: Might one reason for price parity (approx.) B&O has chosen, be that otherwise it would be an ideal candidate for gray-marketing?  No power supply differences, no shipping damage worries, no configuration / support hassles for the in-country dealers to moan about...

Rudi Pedersen
Top 500 Contributor
Herning, Denmark
112 Posts
Bronze Member
Rudi Pedersen:

Hi Thomas

Do you know why the Halo shows local sources that is unchecked in the product and not shown in the App

Best regards Rudi

On my Halo this issue is now solved - probably by a SW update
Wolf_70
Not Ranked
25 Posts
Bronze Member

I've just set up my new HALO and I've got two problems now:

- the software updated is shown in the App (red light), but I cannot start the update in the app (the button is light gray (currently: 1.0.2635)

- the multiroom button (double window) for touch to join is not shown in the HALO (only the four favorite symbols are shown)

I appreciate any support,
Wolfgang 

Wolf_70
Not Ranked
25 Posts
Bronze Member

- the software updated is shown in the App (red light), but I cannot start the update in the app (the button is light gray (currently: 1.0.2635)

- the multiroom button (double window) for touch to join is not shown in the HALO (only the four favorite symbols are shown)

Wolfgang 

Wolf_70
Not Ranked
25 Posts
Bronze Member

Wolfgang 

Carolpa
Top 75 Contributor
1,104 Posts
Bronze Member
Wolf_70:

I appreciate any support, Wolfgang

1. Goto settings, products, beoremote halo, software in the B&o app. There it should be possible.

2. Visible after update
Wolf_70
Not Ranked
25 Posts
Bronze Member

that's the problem; in the app under software the update button dosen't work (it is light grey and nothing happens when I press the button)!?

Carolpa
Top 75 Contributor
1,104 Posts
Bronze Member
Wolf_70:

that's the problem; in the app under software the update button dosen't work (it is light grey and nothing happens when I press the button)!?

were do you see the greyed out button?

If you go to Beoremote Halo and there to software; there I had the same issue. But see my description; there I could update the Halo

Wolf_70
Not Ranked
25 Posts
Bronze Member

in the B&O App (iPad)!?

Carolpa
Top 75 Contributor
1,104 Posts
Bronze Member

goto the icon next to the "+"; the "man" (or is it an imbalance) = Settings

than to Products; Halo; Software

Wolf_70
Not Ranked
25 Posts
Bronze Member

Thanks for your support, Carolpa!

But this is exactly what I have done. My new theory is, that the update is running in the background and I simply have to wait. I will give a feedback!

laseralex
Top 500 Contributor
140 Posts
Bronze Member

I am having exactly the same problem with a Halo I received yesterday: red dot indicating software update, grayed out update button, and no multiroom icon.

I have submitted a support case.  I expect B&O will acknowledge receipt of the inquiry, wait a few days to tell me it has been raised to a higher level, and then never respond to me again.  😕

Sources: 2x Beosound Moment • 4x Beosound Essence Mk II
Speakers: 3x Beolab 8000 • 1x Beolab 6000 • 1x Beolab 3 • 3x Beolab 2 • 4x BeoPlay M5 • 1x BeoPlay A6
Control:  9x Essence Remote  • 1x Beoremote Halo

seethroughyou
Top 100 Contributor
UK
852 Posts
Bronze Member
laseralex:

I am having exactly the same problem with a Halo I received yesterday: red dot indicating software update, grayed out update button, and no multiroom icon.

I have submitted a support case. I expect B&O will acknowledge receipt of the inquiry, wait a few days to tell me it has been raised to a higher level, and then never respond to me again. 😕

2x Beosound Moment 4x Beosound Essence Mk II 3x Beolab 8000 1x Beolab 6000 1x Beolab 3 3x Beolab 2 4x BeoPlay M5 1x BeoPlay A6 9x Essence Remote

Page 34 of 35 (516 items) « First ... < Previous 31 32 33 34 35 Next > | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL