Jean

Answered (Verified) Verified Answer

Ferdinand
Top 150 Contributor
Malmö, Sweden
500 Posts
Gold Member
Verified by poodleboy
I saw the Halo at my dealer on Saturday, and although I was already intrigued since the first leaked video it didn’t disappoint at all, knowing that some people do not like it.

I would have a very limited use-case for my BS1, as my other B&O products are too old, but I still want to have one. That it is a great achievement.

There is probably no good rationale explanation why one would spend ca 700$ on a volume remote control. I am now having tough discussions with the FS (wife), as she states ‘you buy Halo I say Hejdå (goodbye) Big Smile

And then my dealer came up with the great idea that I need a Core as well for my BS9000 😀

I love his enthusiasm.

“I have to work on my core” I tell my wife in return Smile

To be continued, and please do see the Halo IRL it is amazingly cool.

All Replies

poodleboy
Top 500 Contributor
300 Posts
Bronze Member

Millemissen:

beojeff:

My second Halo arrived today. While setting it up, it occurred to me that B&O did not include a wall socket adapter. I know there are may reasons for not including it, such as country universality. Still, for $900....

This is not about the money/the price - it’s about e-waste.

But, they could have included a voucher for a free charger in order to let the costumer make the decision.

MM

Right. You could use one of your extras Apple (and every other class brand) gives EVERY time you buy a product from them. They force the customer to make the decision whether or not they need the charger they paid for. 

Stan
Top 150 Contributor
694 Posts
Bronze Member
Stan replied on Wed, Sep 30 2020 11:14 PM

Millemissen:

This is not about the money/the price - it’s about e-waste.

But, they could have included a voucher for a free charger in order to let the costumer make the decision.

MM

Rumor is the new iPhone will not include a wall charger or ear phones.  Samsung did not supply ear phones with their recent Note 20/Note 20 Ultra (although you could request them through support).  

The companies say it's about e-waste, but I think it's also about $$$.  If it wasn't about $$$, they'd make it easy to get one "on request" (like Samsung did with their headphones... although I don't know how long that deal will last)

Razlaw
Top 25 Contributor
4,116 Posts
Bronze Member
Razlaw replied on Wed, Sep 30 2020 11:17 PM
Finally have tracking info on my Halo. The more I read about it, the more eager I am to get it.

Beolab 50s Beolab 9s Beolab 12-3s Beolab 1s Beolab 6000s 2 pairs Beolab 4000s Beovision 7-55 Beovision 10-40 Beoplay V1 32 inch Beovision Avant 32 inch Beosound 1 (CD player) Beosound 3000 Beosound 5 Core Essence MKII Beoplay M5

Mikipidia
Top 75 Contributor
1,665 Posts
Gold Member
I still don’t have chargers left over, i also don’t buy phones every year so maybe that’s why 😂 so i’d still like it to be included too or atleast have the option of getting one

New: Beovision Harmony, Beolab 50's, Beolab 18's, Beolab 17's, Beolab 3's, Beosound 9000 mk3, Beosound Stage & LG, Beosound 2, Beoplay M3, Beoplay A1, Beoplay H4 gen 2, Beoplay E8 3.0

Mikipedia on YouTube (finally Stick out tongue )

https://www.youtube.com/c/Mikipedia

Old: Beovision Eclipse, Beolab 1's, Beolab 2, Beovision 10-46, Overture 2300, beolab 8000's, Beolab 4000's, Beovision avant 32" etc. etc.

beojeff
Top 50 Contributor
USA
1,795 Posts
Bronze Member

Razlaw:
Finally have tracking info on my Halo. The more I read about it, the more eager I am to get it.

Excellent! Which color did you get?

Razlaw
Top 25 Contributor
4,116 Posts
Bronze Member
beojeff:

Silver, or I guess the correct term is natural. Table version with charger.

Beolab 50s Beolab 9s Beolab 12-3s Beolab 1s Beolab 6000s 2 pairs Beolab 4000s Beovision 7-55 Beovision 10-40 Beoplay V1 32 inch Beovision Avant 32 inch Beosound 1 (CD player) Beosound 3000 Beosound 5 Core Essence MKII Beoplay M5

beojeff
Top 50 Contributor
USA
1,795 Posts
Bronze Member

Razlaw:
beojeff:

I look forward to seeing photos of it in your home.

beojeff
Top 50 Contributor
USA
1,795 Posts
Bronze Member

Razlaw:
beojeff:

FYI, once you unbox the Halo, it won't make the initial "wake up" just from sitting on the charger -- even though it comes fully charged. You have to actually plug the USB cable directly to the Halo to start it. After that, you can use the charger. I was perplexed at first as to how to turn it on. Also, the necessary software upgrade takes awhile and you'll think the Halo has gone dead for awhile. You just have to be a little patient.

lawrencejmcook
Top 150 Contributor
479 Posts
Founder
What of the microphone switch that appeared in photos in the FCC filing, but was absent in the first photos after launch?

Does the device still have a microphone?

Is there a software mic switch instead of the hardware switch?

Lawrence
Razlaw
Top 25 Contributor
4,116 Posts
Bronze Member
Razlaw replied on Thu, Oct 1 2020 12:38 PM
beojeff:

FYI, once you unbox the Halo, it won't make the initial "wake up" just from sitting on the charger -- even though it comes fully charged. You have to actually plug the USB cable directly to the Halo to start it. After that, you can use the charger. I was perplexed at first as to how to turn it on. Also, the necessary software upgrade takes awhile and you'll think the Halo has gone dead for awhile. You just have to be a little patient.

Thanks!

Hoping to get it Saturday. Tracking now shows an “exception”, so yet another delay.

mr_anders_son
Top 75 Contributor
sweden
1,624 Posts
Bronze Member

BeoVision Eclipse 55"...BeoLab 5 FRONT....BeoLab 4000 as REAR....BV5 HD....Beoplay V1-40....BV10-32....BC6-26....Beosound 9000....Beosound 1 New York edt....Beogram 4002....Beoplay M5....Beoplay M3....Beoremote Halo....BeoRemote One BT....Beo6....Beo4....Beo4 Cinema....BeoLink 7000....Serene....H95 Black LTD....H9i Rimowa....6 x H6....Form 1....U70...

Duels
Top 50 Contributor
England
2,429 Posts
Gold Member
Duels replied on Thu, Oct 1 2020 4:02 PM
Absolutely Beautiful Mr Anderson.
Razlaw
Top 25 Contributor
4,116 Posts
Bronze Member
Duels:

Absolutely Beautiful Mr Anderson.

+1

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
13,545 Posts
Bronze Member

+1 

And your pictures are gorgeous too.

MM

There is a tv - and there is a BV.

BeoMatthew
Not Ranked
39 Posts
Bronze Member

I wouldn't wish too hard for a wifi remote control. Control4 recently came out with one (actually acquired an existing company and re-engineerd it) and it's been enough trouble that we've stopped selling it. Had the same issue with Savant. They require network fiddling that few other devices do. I long for the days of good reliable IR.

Page 26 of 36 (529 items) « First ... < Previous 24 25 26 27 28 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL