Jean

Answered (Verified) Verified Answer

Ferdinand
Top 150 Contributor
Malmö, Sweden
500 Posts
Gold Member
Verified by poodleboy
I saw the Halo at my dealer on Saturday, and although I was already intrigued since the first leaked video it didn’t disappoint at all, knowing that some people do not like it.

I would have a very limited use-case for my BS1, as my other B&O products are too old, but I still want to have one. That it is a great achievement.

There is probably no good rationale explanation why one would spend ca 700$ on a volume remote control. I am now having tough discussions with the FS (wife), as she states ‘you buy Halo I say Hejdå (goodbye) Big Smile

And then my dealer came up with the great idea that I need a Core as well for my BS9000 😀

I love his enthusiasm.

“I have to work on my core” I tell my wife in return Smile

To be continued, and please do see the Halo IRL it is amazingly cool.

All Replies

Rudi Pedersen
Top 500 Contributor
Herning, Denmark
112 Posts
Bronze Member

Hi Thomas 

Keep up the good work - even Apple have minor issue after a SW release...

Jaffrey2230
Top 150 Contributor
Washington DC
491 Posts
Silver Member

@moxxey how did you manage to get 20% off? I am very interested since I have many of the supported products  and it would be a good alternative to an iPad I have now that primarily runs the B&O App. I have to credit the B&O team with building a really solid app. In fact, the one worry I have about the Halo is that the connection will be flaky like my Essence remote. The app has never failed me, so as long as it’s as good as the app I’ll be fine 🙂

My B&O Home: 

• Beolab 8002 + Beolab 2 + Beosound Core with Essence Remote (Office)
  • Beolab 6000 + Beolab 11 + Beosound Core with Essence Remote (Bedroom)
  • Beoplay A9 Mk2 (Living Room)
  • Beosound 1 with wireless dock (Portable)
  • Beosound Balance (Dining)
  • Beoplay H95 (Focused listening, travel)
  • Beoplay H9 (3rd gen) (retired)
  • Beoplay P6 (Portable)
  • Beotime wall clock (hallway entrance)
  • Beoremote X (poor man's Halo Big Smile)

Sandyb
Top 50 Contributor
1,849 Posts
Bronze Member
Sandyb replied on Sat, Sep 26 2020 4:17 AM
Jaffrey2230:

@moxxey how did you manage to get 20% off? I am very interested since I have many of the supported products and it would be a good alternative to an iPad I have now that primarily runs the B&O App. I have to credit the B&O team with building a really solid app. In fact, the one worry I have about the Halo is that the connection will be flaky like my Essence remote. The app has never failed me, so as long as it’s as good as the app I’ll be fine 🙂

B&O products I use by zones in my home:

Platform: Apple Home (iOS/Mac, with Google Wi-fi (3x mesh), 100% streaming audio (Sirius XM, Apple Music, TuneIn Radio); TV /Office: Beolab 8002 (Red) + Beolab 2 [Sony OLED (65 inch), Apple TV 4K]; Living: Beoplay A9 (MK2), Bedroom: Beolab 6000 (Red) + Beolab 11 + Beosound Core w/ Essence Remote [LG UST Projector directly to wall (85 inch), Apple TV 4K]; Guest Rooms: Apple HomePod x 2 Dining: Beoplay M5 [ previously Beosound Stage] ; Portable in-house: Beosound 1 with dock; Travel/bluetooth: Beoplay P6, BeoPlay H9 (3rd Gen) [H95 any day now!] , Apple AirPod Pro.

It's not a replacement for the app, only a companion

You'll still need the app for a lot of things
laseralex
Top 500 Contributor
148 Posts
Gold Member

Fansastic:
In addition to BeoJeff’s request I would like to pitch again for a bit more TLC for the Moment. I feel the Halo could be the perfect companion to the Moment also and it is a pity there is no integration with it.

Add me to the list of Moment owners wanting to buy a Halo. I was all lined up to buy the first one when I discovered that it won’t support my moments.   That is a deal-killer for me.  

I have 9 Essence Remotes. Seriously.  I love remotes.  I will buy remotes. I want so much to buy some Halos.

But if the remotes don’t support my products I can’t buy them.  :-/

Sources: 2x Beosound Moment • 4x Beosound Essence Mk II
Speakers: 3x Beolab 8000 • 1x Beolab 6000 • 1x Beolab 3 • 3x Beolab 2 • 4x BeoPlay M5 • 1x BeoPlay A6
Control:  9x Essence Remote  • 1x Beoremote Halo

Seanie_230
Top 50 Contributor
UK
2,143 Posts
Gold Member
I could definitely use a halo in the kitchen to control my essence mark 2 instead of the wheel.

I hardly use my kitchen speakers but it would still be cool.

For me when it works with intelligence it would make a great replacement to the Philips Hue button switch

Eclipse 65
V1-32
Beosound M5
Essence MK2
BLI

jowus
Top 500 Contributor
126 Posts
Bronze Member
jowus replied on Sat, Sep 26 2020 2:01 PM
Hi Laserakex,

But why 9 Remotes? It’s too many of a Remotes for your Systems? That amount could’ve get you BeoLab 17 or something Better?
Carolpa
Top 75 Contributor
1,112 Posts
Bronze Member

MrAndersen:
Happy testing, and as I said, keep it coming good or bad.
some thoughts:

1. when JOIN-ed a device, display the main-speaker's name of the Group (same as on the display of the BS35)

2. Extend with a Favorite page (per NL device) in addition to the dots. Every Favorite page can hold op to ten artists/albums/tracks from Deezer/DLNA. In the B&o app the favorites can be chosen (changed, deleted).

3. ML sources connected to a BLC and set as integrated, can be choosen and started. But if for example one wants to change from Phono to A.Tape, despite the change in showing the A.Tape as source, the Phono continue to play (Note: this isn't only a phenomenon in the Halo, the app does the same). To change one first has to Std.by the ML/NL device and start the NL/ML master again with the other source.

4. add Standby for linked products.

5. confusing: if one wants to push a software update, one expect to search Product Settings of the Halo in the app, but one has to go to Settings, Products, Halo to push the software update. (maybe also a point of inprovement in general for the app. Sometimes "settings" are shown twice)

6. One iDevice is used to setup the Halo (f.e. iPhone). The other iDevice (iPad) doesn't show the image of the Halo (it becomes visible after adding a new Halo, but canceling the setup thereafter).

mr_anders_son
Top 75 Contributor
sweden
1,624 Posts
Bronze Member
I want to rename the favourite buttons myself...CD, Radio, Vinyl etc etc....

BeoVision Eclipse 55"...BeoLab 5 FRONT....BeoLab 4000 as REAR....BV5 HD....Beoplay V1-40....BV10-32....BC6-26....Beosound 9000....Beosound 1 New York edt....Beogram 4002....Beoplay M5....Beoplay M3....Beoremote Halo....BeoRemote One BT....Beo6....Beo4....Beo4 Cinema....BeoLink 7000....Serene....H95 Black LTD....H9i Rimowa....6 x H6....Form 1....U70...

beojeff
Top 50 Contributor
USA
1,795 Posts
Bronze Member

mr_anders_son:

That's an excellent suggestion.

laseralex
Top 500 Contributor
148 Posts
Gold Member

jowus:

But why 9 Remotes? It’s too many of a Remotes for your Systems? That amount could’ve get you BeoLab 17 or something Better?

The Essence Remotes are $300 USD; to buy 9 of them is $2,700 USD.  If you know where I can get a set of Beolab 17s for that price I'll buy them immediately!

I use all the remotes quite regularly.  In the master bedroom I have a table version right next to my bed and a wall-mount near the dresser.  In the master bath I have one just outside the shower to control the M5 by the sink.  One each for kitchen, dining room, office, and lab; living room has one on the table and one on the wall.  Thus, each playback device has one remote except for master bed and living room which have 2 each due to my usage patterns.  I have used every single one of those remotes in the last 48 hours.

Sources: 2x Beosound Moment • 4x Beosound Essence Mk II
Speakers: 3x Beolab 8000 • 1x Beolab 6000 • 1x Beolab 3 • 3x Beolab 2 • 4x BeoPlay M5 • 1x BeoPlay A6
Control:  9x Essence Remote  • 1x Beoremote Halo

TWG
Top 75 Contributor
1,525 Posts
Gold Member
TWG replied on Sun, Sep 27 2020 7:21 AM

mr_anders_son:

That's a MUST.
Would improve usability if there's e.g. "Stair Lights" instead of 2 buttons and "Radiostation XX" instead of 3 buttons...

beojeff:
Good news: it CAN play linked sources.

How do you access linked sources? Does the HALO has access through a NL/ML convertes (despite listed incompatible on the compatibility chart)?

NVGAE
Not Ranked
26 Posts
Bronze Member
NVGAE replied on Sun, Sep 27 2020 8:39 AM

How complicated would it be to implement the Moodwheel - which I consider to be one of the most brilliant ideas of B&O in recent times - from BS Moment on the Halo? Would that also require some hardware or is it only software dependent? 

If the Halo had the Moodwheel I think it would be the most perfect remote imaginable - plus the Moodwheel would fit nicely on the screen of the Halo and be a much better solution that other kind of music browsing.

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
13,545 Posts
Bronze Member

TWG:

beojeff:
Good news: it CAN play linked sources.

How do you access linked sources? Does the HALO has access through a NL/ML convertes (despite listed incompatible on the compatibility chart)?

I am pretty sure that is because the shown sources are sources linked to the BS1!

And - of cource - there must be a converter in the setup for that to be possible.

MM

There is a tv - and there is a BV.

matador43
Top 100 Contributor
1,061 Posts
Bronze Member

NVGAE:
How complicated would it be to implement the Moodwheel

It should be possible! Big Smile

StKong
Top 500 Contributor
Copenhagen
309 Posts
Bronze Member
StKong replied on Sun, Sep 27 2020 9:47 AM
Millemissen:

I am pretty sure that is because the shown sources are sources linked to the BS1!

And - of cource - there must be a converter in the setup for that to be possible.

MM

There is a tv - and there is a BV.

Lively to see!
Page 22 of 36 (529 items) « First ... < Previous 20 21 22 23 24 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL