Jean

Answered (Verified) Verified Answer

matador43
Top 100 Contributor
897 Posts
Bronze Member
Verified by allanminds

steve1977:
AP cannot be controlled via non-IOS devices.

It can! Airplay speakers can send controls via airplay network from their own keypad or IR remote, including volume, play, pause, skip FF, skip BW.
Itunes also broadcast the cover art over network so an appropriate device perhaps may be able to intercept and display it?

All Replies

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
13,141 Posts
Bronze Member

Sandyb:

That might be tough!

The prototype was a larger wheelie Essence remote form factor, with a small display.

Re the display, not the full inner of the circle as a screen, but a horizontal strip display, like the display on a BS 3500.

So I wouldn't expect pictures of album art etc to be accommodated by the display.

Still might be nice though, especially if backwards compatible to strong degree, including for those with Gateway type products.

But yes, I'd expect nothing soon though.

Millemissen:

1990:

Hooray! Halo is an interesting name. + both Bluetooth and WiFi is promising..

They’d better do a damn good job with that.....to cheer me up ;-)

MM

It would be fun (hmmmm!), if that remote was develloped and meant for controlling NL devices ;-)))

MM

There is a tv - and there is a BV.

steve1977
Top 100 Contributor
786 Posts
Bronze Member
matador43:

It can! Airplay speakers can send controls via airplay network from their own keypad or IR remote, including volume, play, pause, skip FF, skip BW. Itunes also broadcast the cover art over network so an appropriate device perhaps may be able to intercept and display it?

These are “player functionalities”. Non-IOS devices cannot assume “server functionalities” that would be required for a remote based on AP2. For example, a non-IOS device cannot stream to another device (join / unjoin / etc).
steve1977
Top 100 Contributor
786 Posts
Bronze Member
Millemissen:

It would be fun (hmmmm!), if that remote was develloped and meant for controlling NL devices ;-)))

MM

I’ve always been waiting for a device to control NL devices. If the Moment allowed to stream to other NL devices, group/i group, etc. It would be have been better.

Anyhow, it indeed would be ironic if B&O launched a remote for NL.

I’m really curious what on earth Halo will be for. It will give a direction on where B&O is heading with their audio engine and multi-room support of whatever form.
Antonius Robin Iriawan
Not Ranked
Jakarta, Indonesia
37 Posts
Bronze Member

I visited the website and I found the non-disclosure date until August 2020. In that case, I assume they would launch the product around August or September.

From this post, It seems to resemble Beosound Essence but bigger. However, will it be equipped with a screen? Or no screen like the Essence?

If it enables us to control our music with that remote without depending on our smartphone, I am interested

Thank you!

Best Regards, Mit freundlichen Grüßen, 올림
Antonius Robin Iriawan, 로빈

Beosound 35 and Beoplay H5

Antonius Robin Iriawan
Not Ranked
Jakarta, Indonesia
37 Posts
Bronze Member

I visited the website and I found the non-disclosure date until August 2020. In that case, I assume they would launch the product around August or September.

From this post, It seems to resemble Beosound Essence but bigger. However, will it be equipped with a screen? Or no screen like the Essence?

If it enables us to control our music with that remote without depending on our smartphone, I am interested

Thank you!

Sandyb
Top 50 Contributor
1,703 Posts
Bronze Member
Sandyb replied on Sun, Mar 15 2020 5:26 AM
Antonius Robin Iriawan:

Thank you!

It's supposed to have a screen, albeit a small horizontal strip display. Not a full circular touch screen big display. That was the prototype at least.

As for music control, who knows. But the decision to remove NL was made before and first - so the prototype would have been designed with knowledge of this. Again, I'd expect it to be more limited in its scope that some might be hoping for.

And given the shutdown of parts of Europe, I would expect a delay.

Antonius Robin Iriawan
Not Ranked
Jakarta, Indonesia
37 Posts
Bronze Member

Really? Could you send me a picture or a link or anything the prototype? I'd love to see it.

I am new in this forum. Could you tell me what's the meaning of NL or ML? Does ML stand for Masterlink? and What does NL stand for?

Pretty much expected for that. My aunt lives in Amsterdam and she said that the situation over there was awful. The same also applies in Indonesia. I believe there would be a delay, but not so severe like a cancellation of some world-class events such as Geneva International Motor Show.

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
13,141 Posts
Bronze Member

Sandyb:
Antonius Robin Iriawan:

Thank you!

It's supposed to have a screen, albeit a small horizontal strip display. Not a full circular touch screen big display. That was the prototype at least.

As for music control, who knows. But the decision to remove NL was made before and first - so the prototype would have been designed with knowledge of this. Again, I'd expect it to be more limited in its scope that some might be hoping for.

What if is made to do both - there are still lots of NL devices out here and only one non-NL....

....after all it seems to have both wifi and bluetooth capacities.

I just wonder what it will be able to control with a CC/AP2-only device like the Balance.

There is no doubt, that there will be some kind of delay - however, if is meant to be launched in the fall, that won’t be noticeable......hopefully.

MM

steve1977
Top 100 Contributor
786 Posts
Bronze Member
Millemissen:

What if is made to do both - there are still lots of NL devices out here and only one non-NL....

I just wonder what it will be able to control with a CC/AP2-only device like the Balance.

There is no doubt, that there will be some kind of delay - however, if is meant to be launched in the fall, that won’t be noticeable......hopefully.

MM

Let me speculate a bit...

I initially thought of it as a successor of something like the Moment combined with the features from the B&O app. So, basically a major addition to the line-up and in the 2.000-3.000 price class...

It could be something very simple and easy. Maybe more in the 100-150 price range with very basic functionality. Basically a beoremote for audio devices. Building on the wheelie idea of having “light switches” for audio.

Could be connected via wifi or bluetooth. May even support non-b&o devices. Functionality is super basic, but has some use.

It could display the song played and allow “pause”, “next song”, maybe “mute”. Could be a good additon for devices like the BS1 or the Balance.

I’m smiling again. If that’s nicely designed, attractive prices and compatible with AP (incl song display and maybe even cover art), this may actually be a winner. Could think of buying one for each room if it can be easily mounted against the wall (taped).

Let’s see what we’ll see.
Sandyb
Top 50 Contributor
1,703 Posts
Bronze Member
Sandyb replied on Sun, Mar 15 2020 10:05 AM

It will do both of course.

But as I mentioned earlier, it may be that the NL control is a bit secondary in the UI.

Anyway, doesnt really change the issue of NL being removed from future devices.

Which, much as though I'd warned of this likelihood, doesn't fill me with any pleasure at all.

Millemissen:

Sandyb:
Antonius Robin Iriawan:

Thank you!

MM

Razlaw
Top 25 Contributor
3,915 Posts
Bronze Member
Razlaw replied on Sun, Mar 15 2020 12:39 PM
Antonius Robin Iriawan:

Could you tell me what's the meaning of NL or ML? Does ML stand for Masterlink? and What does NL stand for?

Yes, ML refers to Masterlink. NL refers to the newer wireless connection system, Netlink.

Beolab 50s Beolab 9s Beolab 12-3s Beolab 1s Beolab 6000s 2 pairs Beolab 4000s Beovision 7-55 Beovision 10-40 Beoplay V1 32 inch Beovision Avant 32 inch Beosound 1 (CD player) Beosound 3000 Beosound 5 Core Essence MKII Beoplay M5

mbolo01
Top 75 Contributor
Annecy - France
1,448 Posts
Gold Member

From what we could see last year, the Halo screen looks small compared to the ring around it, much like a BS 35 screen, and it does not even occupy the whole space of the support.

BS Moment, BS Core, BG 4002, BC 4500, BS1, BL18, BL19, BL8000 + RCV1, A6, M5, M3, A1, P6 (tks Botty), H5, TR1

Robin
Top 500 Contributor
Nrw
102 Posts
Bronze Member
Robin replied on Mon, Mar 23 2020 2:06 PM

A B&O Official said, that the Beoremote Halo is supposed to be presented in April and is not due for delay. Interesting

Razlaw
Top 25 Contributor
3,915 Posts
Bronze Member
Razlaw replied on Mon, Mar 23 2020 2:44 PM
Robin:

A B&O Official said, that the Beoremote Halo is supposed to be presented in April and is not due for delay. Interesting

Thanks for the update.

Beolab 50s Beolab 9s Beolab 12-3s Beolab 1s Beolab 6000s 2 pairs Beolab 4000s Beovision 7-55 Beovision 10-40 Beoplay V1 32 inch Beovision Avant 32 inch Beosound 1 (CD player) Beosound 3000 Beosound 5 Core Essence MKII Beoplay M5

moxxey
Top 25 Contributor
South West, UK
5,026 Posts
Bronze Member
moxxey replied on Mon, Mar 23 2020 2:53 PM

Robin:

Maybe this means presented for approval? i can't imagine too much new stuff coming out over the next few weeks - retail is decimated at the moment.

Page 2 of 3 (44 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next > | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL