Sign in   |  Join   |  Help

Beoremote Halo, the future B&O remote control

rated by 0 users
Answered (Verified) This post has 2 verified answers | 609 Replies | 9 Followers

jvezina
Top 500 Contributor
Montreal, Canada
192 Posts
Gold Member
jvezina posted on Fri, Mar 6 2020 3:56 PM

The FCC has released information about the table version

https://fccid.io/TTU-HALOTABLE

Have a nice day,

Jean

Answered (Verified) Verified Answer

Ferdinand
Top 150 Contributor
Malmö, Sweden
534 Posts
Gold Member
Verified by poodleboy
I saw the Halo at my dealer on Saturday, and although I was already intrigued since the first leaked video it didn’t disappoint at all, knowing that some people do not like it.

I would have a very limited use-case for my BS1, as my other B&O products are too old, but I still want to have one. That it is a great achievement.

There is probably no good rationale explanation why one would spend ca 700$ on a volume remote control. I am now having tough discussions with the FS (wife), as she states ‘you buy Halo I say Hejdå (goodbye) Big Smile

And then my dealer came up with the great idea that I need a Core as well for my BS9000 😀

I love his enthusiasm.

“I have to work on my core” I tell my wife in return Smile

To be continued, and please do see the Halo IRL it is amazingly cool.

Sandyb
Top 50 Contributor
2,080 Posts
Bronze Member
Answered (Verified) Sandyb replied on Mon, Sep 13 2021 9:05 PM
Verified by Dion

Which is why I have cut out any B&O control from my music / radio listening - only the speakers remain.

Roon is my control interface - if I must use an iDevice, then at least Roon's interface and software work extremely well - and at times the Linn app(s) too, as I have a Linn streamer / DAC in my main room. The Linn app even shows me a lot of my podcast feeds from TuneIn!

Yes, Roon and a Linn streamer is expensive, but newsflash, so is B&O.

The Halo's design / form factor limits how useful I can ever get.  The screen is too small for searching / browsing in the end. Which implies it was only ever going to be a volume control and starter for predefined experiences. Fine for those who are happy with just that. But with the Moment gone, they're telling you to use your phone / tablet for everything else. In which case, if I am generally constantly having to use my iPad for example, what use is a 700 pound / euro volume dial?

Severed_Hand_of_Skywalker:

The Moment was proof that B&O has no Clue when it comes to software and is why I am so scared to buy a halo now with the "promise" that it will be more useful in the future. They couldn't even get the Moment to work with base features after 2 years of trying. 

All Replies

poodleboy
Top 500 Contributor
303 Posts
Bronze Member

At the end of the day it appears Halo's destiny is eye candy for those who have the latest B&O. Nothing wrong with that. 

I am suspicious that Halo is part of a grand integration strategy unless, of course, the selling dealer specializes in (also incredibly expensive) technology. 

Those people can transform your house-cat into a remote controller with the right investment, assuming you can keep your software up to date. I already know how to reboot mine. 

Michael
Top 50 Contributor
Sweden
2,573 Posts
Bronze Member
Michael replied on Thu, Sep 24 2020 11:52 AM
moxxey:

That was another question I was going to ask - on the videos it seems the touchscreen is a little old-school (ie. the kind of thing B&O released in 2005) and choppy. Is that really the case? In 2020? Even the Apple Watch is faster.

Hehe agree. If I bought it everyone would laugh seeing that choppy interface. And that it lacks support for NL enabled devices like Avant 55 and beovision 11 is weird as it is supported by the app and is easily available in the network.

Simply pretty stupid from B&O especially considering the price point. Very weird choice. Not many has an eclipse in their bedroom I think. For example.

Beolab 50, Beolab 8000 x 2, Beolab 4000 x 2, 
BeoSound Core, BeoSound 9000, BeoSound Century, 
BeoLit 15, BeoPlay A1, BeoPlay P2, BeoPlay H9 3rd Gen, BeoPlay H6, EarSet 3i, 
BeoVision Eclipse Gen 2 55", BeoPlay V1-40, 
BeoCom 6000 and so much else :)  

TWG
Top 75 Contributor
1,614 Posts
Gold Member
TWG replied on Thu, Sep 24 2020 12:08 PM

I really like the look of the halo! The wall mount version looks simply great and it seems to have great potential!

The only thing that doesn't look very good is the B&O logo in the proximity sensor.
They could have hidden the proximity sensor completely and have the clean "Bang & Olufsen" writing on the front.

Bang & Olufsen could have a perfect smart home control companion with this device!

John from B&O Manchester already mentioned Philips Hue (etc.) light control through the Google assistant.
B&O should upgrade the Halo to control BLGW and NL/ML converters, Beointegration so you could use smart home features WITHOUT being dependent on 3rd party assistant features from Google, Apple, Microsoft, Amazon etc.

carlito
Top 500 Contributor
237 Posts
Bronze Member
carlito replied on Thu, Sep 24 2020 12:12 PM

...and not compatible with the latest sound system from B&O - Beosound Balance!?

carlito
Top 500 Contributor
237 Posts
Bronze Member
carlito replied on Thu, Sep 24 2020 12:12 PM

...and not compatible with the latest sound system from B&O - Beosound Balance!?

moxxey
Top 25 Contributor
South West, UK
5,324 Posts
Bronze Member
moxxey replied on Thu, Sep 24 2020 12:25 PM

carlito:

I'm pretty sure it will be. If it works with the Stage, BeoSound 2 and Edge, it will with the Balance. Similar tech?

I don't think there's any disagreeing the new Halo looks good. But long gone are the days I buy something that 'looks good' and barely anyone is impressed with a huge remote anyway in 2020. Everything is voice-controlled these days. So if you're buying it for your home to look good, you're somewhat behind the times :)

carlito
Top 500 Contributor
237 Posts
Bronze Member
carlito replied on Thu, Sep 24 2020 12:40 PM

moxxey:
I'm pretty sure it will be. If it works with the Stage, BeoSound 2 and Edge, it will with the Balance. Similar tech?

From what I know, the BS Balance is based on a new platform... maybe someone has more insights 

moxxey:
Everything is voice-controlled these days. So if you're buying it for your home to look good, you're somewhat behind the times :)

That's true, but I'm more than happy if I could switch over to a remote and turn off the voice control from my Balance. Call me old fashioned ;-)

Mikipidia
Top 50 Contributor
1,987 Posts
Bronze Member
It’s not coppy irl🤷🏼‍♂️

New: Beovision Harmony, Beolab 50's, Beolab 18's, Beolab 17's, Beolab 3's, Beosound 9000 mk3, Beosound Stage & LG, Beosound 2, Beoplay M3, Beoplay A1, Beoplay H4 gen 2, Beoplay E8 3.0

Mikipedia on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Mikipedia

mikipedi4 on Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/mikipedi4

Old: Beovision Eclipse, Beolab 1's, Beolab 2, Beovision 10-46, Overture 2300, beolab 8000's, Beolab 4000's, Beovision avant 32" etc. etc.

mbolo01
Top 50 Contributor
Louannec - France
1,956 Posts
Gold Member
mbolo01 replied on Thu, Sep 24 2020 12:58 PM
As an early BS Moment adopter, I’ll wait for Halo software v 2.x before considering it ...

BS Moment, BS Core, BG 4002, BC 4500, BS1, BL18, BL19, BL8000 + RCV1, A6, M5, M3, A1, P6 (tks Botty), H5, TR1

ngnear
Top 500 Contributor
237 Posts
Bronze Member
ngnear replied on Thu, Sep 24 2020 1:08 PM
carlito:

From what I know, the BS Balance is based on a new platform... maybe someone has more insights

That's true, but I'm more than happy if I could switch over to a remote and turn off the voice control from my Balance. Call me old fashioned ;-)

Can the balance be controlled by the B&O App?

I dont see why all NL products can’t be controlled by the Halo. Maybe they just haven’t finished programming them all?

I will be really disappointed if it is not possible to control my Avant MK1 at some point. More for music than TV.
carlito
Top 500 Contributor
237 Posts
Bronze Member

ngnear:

Yes, but with limitations. TuneIn works only by voice control and not by the B&O App

mbolo01
Top 50 Contributor
Louannec - France
1,956 Posts
Gold Member

ngnear:
I dont see why all NL products can’t be controlled by the Halo.

The Balance is not a NL product as such, it has no music service such as Deezer, TuneIn or DLNA, it is "just" a BT,CC,AP2 and Spotify speaker.

Maybe all or some of the current NL products + Balance will be updated one day to share the same new platform, and the Halo will be able to control all.

BS Moment, BS Core, BG 4002, BC 4500, BS1, BL18, BL19, BL8000 + RCV1, A6, M5, M3, A1, P6 (tks Botty), H5, TR1

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
14,282 Posts
Bronze Member

ngnear:
carlito:

I dont see why all NL products can’t be controlled by the Halo. Maybe they just haven’t finished programming them all?

I will be really disappointed if it is not possible to control my Avant MK1 at some point. More for music than TV.

The Halo a a Beolink-NL-controller.

The Balance is not NL-enabled (at least not by now).

Somewhat a mystery why e.g. the Avant MK/V1 can’t be included - in the app you can easily expand a playing source to the Avant/V1 etc.

Maybe we will get an explanation for that some time.

MM

There is a tv - and there is a BV.

carlito
Top 500 Contributor
237 Posts
Bronze Member

mbolo01:

The Balance is not a NL product as such, it has no music service such as Deezer, TuneIn or DLNA, it is "just" a BT,CC,AP2 and Spotify speaker.

Maybe all or some of the current NL products + Balance will be updated one day to share the same new platform, and the Halo will be able to control all.

This is not true. The Balance has Spotify and TuneIn integrated, but it can (at the moment) only be controlled via voice command and not by the app...

My dealer told me that the HALO update will be available beginning of 2021

beojeff
Top 50 Contributor
USA
1,893 Posts
Bronze Member

mbolo01:
As an early BS Moment adopter, I’ll wait for Halo software v 2.x before considering it ...

I often get the feeling that BeoSound Moment is to B&O what Jar Jar Binks is to George Lucas. It's a mistake they wish to erase from memory.Big Smile

Page 16 of 41 (610 items) « First ... < Previous 14 15 16 17 18 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL