Jean

Answered (Verified) Verified Answer

Ferdinand
Top 150 Contributor
Malmö, Sweden
496 Posts
Gold Member
Verified by poodleboy
I saw the Halo at my dealer on Saturday, and although I was already intrigued since the first leaked video it didn’t disappoint at all, knowing that some people do not like it.

I would have a very limited use-case for my BS1, as my other B&O products are too old, but I still want to have one. That it is a great achievement.

There is probably no good rationale explanation why one would spend ca 700$ on a volume remote control. I am now having tough discussions with the FS (wife), as she states ‘you buy Halo I say Hejdå (goodbye) Big Smile

And then my dealer came up with the great idea that I need a Core as well for my BS9000 😀

I love his enthusiasm.

“I have to work on my core” I tell my wife in return Smile

To be continued, and please do see the Halo IRL it is amazingly cool.

All Replies

beojeff
Top 50 Contributor
USA
1,782 Posts
Bronze Member
beojeff replied on Fri, Sep 18 2020 11:55 AM

Millemissen:

Beozip:

I bought it today....

Was that supposed to happen - it hasn’t been launched officially, yet.

MM

My dealer advised that he'll be receiving it today and will be shipping it to me as soon as he receives it. So I should receive mine by early next week. Otherwise, I could drive two hours to pick it up. With my Porsche, I could certainly make that drive faster. Hmmm. Tempting.

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
13,433 Posts
Bronze Member

I see what you mean (and it is probably also the purpose of the device).

As I wrote - maybe that is just me, my head would spin, if I had to contol and listen to all that.

P.S. for similar - occasional - controlling I use the Bang & Olufsen app on my dedicated iPad Mini’s (3 of them).

MM

There is a tv - and there is a BV.

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
13,433 Posts
Bronze Member

beojeff:

Millemissen:

Beozip:

I bought it today....

Was that supposed to happen - it hasn’t been launched officially, yet.

MM

My dealer advised that he'll be receiving it today and will be shipping it to me as soon as he receives it. So I should receive mine by early next week. Otherwise, I could drive two hours to pick it up. With my Porsche, I could certainly make that drive faster. Hmmm. Tempting.

Looking forward to learn, if the device will show any infos about the currently playing track, playlist, station...

Driving faster probably won’t help you - as long as app hasn’t been updated (for it), it might be difficult to get it going.

MM

MaxH
Not Ranked
57 Posts
Gold Member
MaxH replied on Fri, Sep 18 2020 12:11 PM

MaxH
Not Ranked
57 Posts
Gold Member
MaxH replied on Fri, Sep 18 2020 12:14 PM

Michael
Top 50 Contributor
Sweden
2,404 Posts
Bronze Member
Michael replied on Fri, Sep 18 2020 12:56 PM
Honestly Im a bit surprised it isnt more than it is. I get that it is a replacement for the essence remote so it should perhaps be very simple. BUT after using the B&O app a bit on my iPad I realize that it is both beautiful and very user flexible and friendly.

From the app you have a lot of possibilities and can change very many settings that might make a big difference in everyday situations. Especially if you have devices that is configurable and customizeable in the app.

I would rather see a small touch screen with the same interface because it does so much and very well. Im pretty curious about designing a nice pod of wood/metal and put a small android tablet in it (or an iPad mini) just to be able to use the system as I prefer.

Or just stick with having my regular iPad and iPhone for controls. Its a device I use anyway and clutter is not my thing, the less things the better.

But I will give the halo a try but for 900 usd it seems pretty expensive for what it seemingly is.

Beolab 50, Beolab 20, Beolab 8000 x 2, Beolab 4000 x 2, 
BeoSound Core, BeoSound 9000, BeoSound Century, 
BeoLit 15, BeoPlay A1, BeoPlay P2, BeoPlay H9i, BeoPlay H6, EarSet 3i, 
BeoVision Avant 55, BeoPlay V1-40, 
BeoCom 6000 and so much else :)  

matador43
Top 100 Contributor
986 Posts
Bronze Member

In all the "real life" pictures posted so far, I find the stripped part below the screen always looks dusty, used and cheap, absolutely not B&O to me. 

Beobuddy
Top 25 Contributor
Utrecht, The Netherlands
3,765 Posts
Founder

Pictures don’t do it justice sometimes. Don’t judge before you had it your hands (like I did yesterday).

To my surprise it was a bit smaller than expected, also because of the pictures where you couldn’t compare as there wasn’t something next to it to compare 

The outer rings rotates like the Essence remote. 
It big and small enough to take it with wherever you want to sit. With the tablecharger there isn’t ant hassle with cables.  

Mr 10Percent
Top 150 Contributor
So West, Its Now East
487 Posts
Bronze Member

I see this has potential for me?

Using the BR1 with the BL90s and feeding-in 3rd party audio sources is a dog and a faff to switch product modes. Volume is clunky too

Using the Essence Remote with the BL90 Beolink IR Eye is also problematic because I think the IR function on the Essence is pretty weak (not like the BEO4)

Using the BeoApp means flicking between Auralics music selection App and the Beo App for frequent volume control.

If this controls the BL90 volume smoothly via IP control, I am probably an early adapter. 

If this pulls everything together BL90, 3rd Party Sources, BV and NL dotted around the hose....that will be great. 

I hope the lessons of BEO5 and BEO6 have been learnt (including price)

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
13,433 Posts
Bronze Member

Mr 10Percent:

If this pulls everything together BL90, 3rd Party Sources, BV and NL dotted around the hose....that will be great. 

Yes, but do you really think/hope that this tiny little display can replace the ‘feeding 3rd party audio sources’ (think: the mighty ui of Roon, or even the ui of Spotify)?

This seems more to me to be a playlist-starter/radiostation-starter, where you can pause/play include/exclude your devices in a simple way and - of course - control the volume.

Not quite the way I listen to music,

If you’d still have to interact with some 3rd party app, would this remote still be of help?

MM 

poodleboy
Top 500 Contributor
295 Posts
Bronze Member

I look forward to hearing positive feedback on functionality from the full retail beta test team. 

Mr 10Percent
Top 150 Contributor
So West, Its Now East
487 Posts
Bronze Member

Millemissen:

Yes, but do you really think/hope that this tiny little display can replace the ‘feeding 3rd party audio sources’ (think: the mighty ui of Roon, or even the ui of Spotify)?

This seems more to me to be a playlist-starter/radiostation-starter, where you can pause/play include/exclude your devices in a simple way and - of course - control the volume.

If you’d still have to interact with some 3rd party app, would this remote still be of help?

MM 

MM how you listen to music is your problem.

The way I listen (My problem) is to use the Auralic App for Track selection. Native. Cant expect B&O to control that directly and it works.

The problem I have is that there is no real Remote solution (that I am aware of) that can control the BL90s other than a second App.

This, I believe is a midway solution somewhere between Essence and using an iPad in terms of volume and probably (later) source selection

Sandyb
Top 50 Contributor
1,801 Posts
Bronze Member
Sandyb replied on Fri, Sep 18 2020 4:21 PM

I'm about to have the same issue (though with BL50s and 3rd party source, not 90s)

I'm not sure the Halo will offer much though - perhaps volume control but what else? Nothing springs to mind.

And that makes it a very expensive volume controller no?

The Auralic app offers nothing by way of volume control? (obviously I dont which Auralic unit you have and what outputs it has etc)

Mr 10Percent:

Millemissen:

MM 

MM how you listen to music is your problem.

The way I listen (My problem) is to use the Auralic App for Track selection. Native. Cant expect B&O to control that directly and it works.

The problem I have is that there is no real Remote solution (that I am aware of) that can control the BL90s other than a second App.

This, I believe is a midway solution somewhere between Essence and using an iPad in terms of volume and probably (later) source selection

Beozip
Top 500 Contributor
234 Posts
Bronze Member

the different size ....

ngnear
Top 500 Contributor
210 Posts
Bronze Member
ngnear replied on Fri, Sep 18 2020 5:00 PM
https://forum.beoworld.org/cfs-filesystemfile.ashx/__key/CommunityServer.Components.UserFiles/00.00.00.63.44/IMG622120311.jpg

There is something about the look that reminds me of the early Beomasters and Beolits.

The Bronze colour looks like wood and the front cover looks like frets over a speaker.

Very B&O
Page 10 of 34 (498 items) « First ... < Previous 8 9 10 11 12 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL