Sign in   |  Join   |  Help

New firmware on M5, BS2, Essence, etc. any experience or changelog?

rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 18 Replies | 2 Followers

stampfki
Top 500 Contributor
138 Posts
Bronze Member
stampfki posted on Thu, Mar 5 2020 7:51 PM

Hi all,

Does anyone know, what has been changed. Experience after update?

All Replies

mbolo01
Top 50 Contributor
Louannec - France
1,956 Posts
Gold Member
Razlaw:

I have software updates set to occur automatically. Both the Core and the Essence show updates having occurred on March 10th.

Thanks - So for now I’m the only one (of two) to have the issue Sad Good thing is that I can reproduce it.

BS Moment, BS Core, BG 4002, BC 4500, BS1, BL18, BL19, BL8000 + RCV1, A6, M5, M3, A1, P6 (tks Botty), H5, TR1

mbolo01
Top 50 Contributor
Louannec - France
1,956 Posts
Gold Member

Edit: The issue with my Core is not only with Airplay but with other sources too. It happens systematically after a long standby, typically a night.

BS Moment, BS Core, BG 4002, BC 4500, BS1, BL18, BL19, BL8000 + RCV1, A6, M5, M3, A1, P6 (tks Botty), H5, TR1

Stan
Top 100 Contributor
Chicago-area USA
835 Posts
Bronze Member
Stan replied on Tue, Mar 17 2020 4:43 PM

I tried your test with the latest software, and didn't experience any problems.

1) Everything in stand-by.

2) Start Deezer and send via Airplay to Bs2

3) Open Beo app and select Bs2, press "multiroom" icon and select Beosound Essence (there is a warning about "source not available for multiroom")

4)  Essence starts playing, BS2 still playing

I do not normally use Airplay so I did follow your instructions about enabling multiroom airplay on the devices.

I was not able to do multi-room airplay using Spotify.  When I tried to join the Essence, it showed "source not available for multiroom" and it did not connect.

I hope this helps 

Stan

mbolo01
Top 50 Contributor
Louannec - France
1,956 Posts
Gold Member

Stan:

I hope this helps 

Stan

Many thanks Stan.

My issue occurs every single morning when the Core wakes up after a good night, I was not facing such issue prior to the latest software update. I don't think now that other products than the Core are impacted. I also found that any source started on the Core is impacted, not only Airplay as I was initially thinking.

Looking at the critical events of my Core I can see that each single day it has a "Network state: down"

I had a look at the Core logs and I found that the Core fully, or partially, restarts by itself at scheduled time daily.

My suspicion is that something goes wrong post restart and that the Core is not fully operational like after a controlled restart or power cycle.

If someone could (1) look at its Beosound Core critical events to check if there are daily "Network state: down" messages and (2) run my test case.

Note: The issue is source independent, starting Airplay, TuneIn, or Deezer on the Core should cause it. If you face the issue, you should not be able to see other products in the Core multiroom screen until you restart it, and Core must not be able to join any other experience.

Thank you all

I have a case opened with B&O, but it takes time to make them understand the issue.

Page 2 of 2 (19 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL