Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 0 Replies | 0 Followers

L Spad
Top 500 Contributor
Brighton
213 Posts
Bronze Member
L Spad posted on Tue, Mar 3 2020 9:12 AM

Hi all,

I have a Beovision 7-32 MK3 which has the latest software installed for both the TV and the surround sound processor. The TV works great and I'm viewing HD sources through the DVI port using an HDMi switch.

For the last few years I've been  using a cheapo switch off eBay to control source selection (3 HDMI inputs, 1 HDMI output and a digital coaxial output for the audio), but that device was a little unreliable when switching video streams (sometimes showing static before you switched sources again) and the digital audio output often had dropouts.

I put up with this (using analogue audio) until I recently upgraded to a new high quality switch from BlueStream. Again the switch has multiple HDMI inputs, a single HDMI out and a digital coaxial audio output. It also has dip switches to assign a default EDID profile to the output. The device in question is this one:

https://www.blustream.co.uk/sw21

I'm pleased with the new switch - the digital audio output is now faultless for all my sources, and it generally works well. My only frustration is that when first turning on the TV, the image will not display but the audio will play. I have to change source to another one and back before I can view the image. As soon as I've got an image up, the switch works perfectly, displaying any source faultlessly on selection with clear digital audio.

I suspect this may be about the EDID handshake (already getting out of my depth here). I've tried various settings on the switch itself, and I've had a look in the service menu of the TV at the extra banking options, but to be honest I'm a little lost - could anyone offer any advice please? 

I've currently got the switch set to 

"DIP=0101 HDMI 1080i@60hz, Audio 5.1CH PCM/DTS/Dolby"

And no extra blanking on any of the inputs on the beovision. I did try adding 3 seconds to each but with no difference in performance.

Page 1 of 1 (1 items) | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL