rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 10 Replies | 1 Follower

KdJ
Not Ranked
1 Posts
Bronze Member
KdJ posted on Mon, Feb 10 2020 1:19 PM

Good afternoon, I am new to this forum and I have the following question:

We currently own a Beovision Avant 32” (16 years old with the DVD-player) and the following speakers: Beolab 2, 2 x Beolab 6000 and 2 x Beolab 8000. The Avant is still doing well, but we can wait for the moment it will die.

I am currently  investigating the following options:

1.      Buy a 55” Beovision Eclipse. We heard/saw it at a Bang & Olufsen store. Impressive! Does it make sense to buy such an impressive and expensive Eclipse, when the soundcenter is only used as a centre speaker (I want to connect the current speakers to the Eclipse)?

2.      Buy a 55” LG C9 with the Beosound Stage. Not the current Beosound stage, but wait for the, unofficially mentioned, version to which I can connect all my current speakers.

Please give me your thoughts. Thanks in advanced

All Replies

steve1977
Top 100 Contributor
777 Posts
Bronze Member
I wouldn’t hold my breath for an “extended” stage that allows you to use existing speakers. I’d call it a wish of some in this forum rather than a rumor. I wish i’m wrong though.
Sandyb
Top 75 Contributor
1,597 Posts
Bronze Member
Sandyb replied on Mon, Feb 10 2020 6:57 PM

Yes, I dont believe a fully featured sound centre is imminent at all.

Now, there may be something in the way that the Eclipse V2 (apparently soon, not so sure myself) is constructed that allows people to buy the sound part alone and use it as the fully featured sound centre.

So it may well be that what you are looking for is indeed the non screen part of the V2 Eclipse, whenever that might be available.

Either way, don't hold your breath.

spezializten
Not Ranked
66 Posts
Bronze Member

Just as an example Eclipse Soundcentre 55" with LG 77" C9 with Bang & olufsen App works perfect
kawo
Not Ranked
43 Posts
Founder
kawo replied on Mon, Mar 2 2020 11:37 AM

On Saturday I was at my local B&O shop, he mentioned a "Extended" Stage with Wisa capabilities for later the year...make your own guess here :-) 

Not sure if I would buy a Eclipse today with the old panel, but maybe it is worth to discuss with the dealer if you could get a Eclipse without a screen and go for the C9. Looks like from the above post that this works...

DR
Not Ranked
Copenhagen
1 Posts
Bronze Member
DR replied on Mon, Mar 2 2020 9:08 PM

The Eclipse Sound Center must be what a lot of us need. Even though the price of the Eclipse is much cheaper than my 12 years old 7-40, I wound not dare to throw money at the Eclipse - imagine the screen dies in 3 years, then you can throw the whole thing out... I do not like the Harmony at all, and the sizes available are way to big for my living room. The Stage is probably a good plug and play soundbar, but what are the options for us used to surround? The answer is the Eclipse Sound Center, which already exists - it's even in the pricelist at DKK 30.000 (app. 2 x the price of the smoked oak Stage). I think that is a fair price, and I would buy it immediately. So the thing is there, they just need to add a vesa bracket. (Let's not go into the discussion of why the Eclipse Sound Center for the 65" screen adds 50% to the price...) Fingers crossed my 7-40 will last until they release this or similar solution.

spezializten
Not Ranked
66 Posts
Bronze Member

I totally agree, that the Sound Center is actually put at a good price, when or if sold separately ;-)

I really hope that B&O will release a Stage version with PowerLink connections but I think they will go the easy way and just add Wisa. People would either need to buy new speakers with Wisa support or add Beolab Receivers.

JFJBrussels
Not Ranked
39 Posts
Bronze Member

Sound center with a rotating foot, plug any LG Oled inside, would be my dream

JFJBrussels
Not Ranked
39 Posts
Bronze Member

I agree with you: I want a new Eclipse with C9 LG.I do not like Harmony with a "panzerwagen display"

JFJBrussels
Not Ranked
39 Posts
Bronze Member

You really believe it is possible to by an Eclipse without a screen and put LG C9 inside? If you have more info about this, it will be my choice for replacing my 21 year old Avant !

355f
Not Ranked
51 Posts
Bronze Member
355f replied on Fri, Mar 27 2020 3:13 PM

I have been in the same dilemma and my conclusions are that the Eclipse is far to expensive; a pane replacement will be at significant cost and it cannot be upgraded; another thing to consider is longevity of oled panels,  on AV forums there are a significant minority who have had multiple screen replacements due to faults- and LG is sympathetically replacing said screens. I doubt B&O would be so helpful.

If, like me, you have additional B&O speakers ; even if the stage MK2 has Wisa, the quality of sound I would have thought be lacking- its all about the sound processing and having recently moved from a BS3 to a BS4 based system I can vouch for a significant change in audio quality.  Surely B&O will not provide such a cheap mechanism to bypass their own TV offerings.

Page 1 of 1 (11 items) | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL