rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 5 Replies | 2 Followers

JesperBak
Not Ranked
3 Posts
Bronze Member
JesperBak posted on Mon, Feb 10 2020 12:00 PM

Hi

I have followed this forum from a distance over some time.

I have an old BL3500 Mark I I would like set up in my kitchen and connect to the BeoSound system in the living room, but connecting with cables is rather difficult.

I have seen different posts from Keith Saunders and Steve at Sounds Heavenly stating the opposite:

Steve from 2019:

All versions of Beolab 3500 should work with Beolink Wireless 1 when connected with a Masterlink cable.

In order to use the speaker via a Powerlink cable, it must be a mk2 version (DIN socket marked as Powerlink) AND software level at 3.1 or above.

Keith from before 2014:

First the Beolab 3500 has two variations:-

1. LCS9000 later to become the Beolab 3500 Mark I which has MCL (Master Control Link) and ML (Masterlink) but NOT Powerlink and has a latest software version of 2.1. You can see the FAQ HERE on how to upgrade to version 2.1 software. The LCS9000 and the Beolab 3500 Mark I CANNOT be used with the Beolink Wireless

B&O product support claims that my setup should work, but I am still not sure.

Can someone clarify before I buy a second hand BLW1; will this setup work?

Thanks

Jesper

All Replies

Hiort
Top 50 Contributor
Sweden
2,400 Posts
Bronze Member
Hiort replied on Wed, Feb 12 2020 6:08 AM
JesperBak:

Hi

I have followed this forum from a distance over some time.

I have an old BL3500 Mark I I would like set up in my kitchen and connect to the BeoSound system in the living room, but connecting with cables is rather difficult.

I have seen different posts from Keith Saunders and Steve at Sounds Heavenly stating the opposite:

Steve from 2019:

All versions of Beolab 3500 should work with Beolink Wireless 1 when connected with a Masterlink cable.

In order to use the speaker via a Powerlink cable, it must be a mk2 version (DIN socket marked as Powerlink) AND software level at 3.1 or above.

Keith from before 2014:

First the Beolab 3500 has two variations:-

LCS9000 later to become the Beolab 3500 Mark I which has MCL (Master Control Link) and ML (Masterlink) but NOT Powerlink and has a latest software version of 2.1. You can see the FAQ HERE on how to upgrade to version 2.1 software. The LCS9000 and the Beolab 3500 Mark I CANNOT be used with the Beolink Wireless B&O product support claims that my setup should work, but I am still not sure.

Thanks

Jesper

A powerlink socket is a requirement for this as said by Steve, and BL3500 MK I does not have that.

Livingroom: BL3, BL11, BV11-46 Kitchen: Beosound 1 GVA, Beocom 2 Bathroom: M3 Library: A6, Beocom 6000 Bedroom: M5 Office: Beocom 2 Travel: Beoplay E8 2.0, Beoplay P2

RaMaBo
Top 150 Contributor
near Munich
562 Posts
Gold Member
RaMaBo replied on Wed, Feb 12 2020 10:19 AM

Hi,

a BL3500 doesn't have to be a MKII to be used with a BeoLink Wireless 1.

The MKII version _can_ be used with the PowerLink connection.

When the BL3500 MKx is connected with a Masterlink cable to the Beolink Wireless 1 every version of the BeoLab will work if the speaker is set to 'ML On'.

- When the Beolink Wireless 1 is used with a Masterlink cable it will work as a wireless bridge for Masterlink.

- When the Beolink Wireless 1 is used with a Powerlink cable it will work like a Beolink Active: it also needs an IR Receiver to use the speaker. Only in this case the Bl3500 needs to be a Mark II.

Ralph-Marcus

JesperBak
Not Ranked
3 Posts
Bronze Member

Cool, thanks.

This makes sense. Next step must be to get the BLWI at make the actual setup.

Stoobietoo
Top 200 Contributor
Exeter, Devon, UK
372 Posts
Silver Member

JesperBak:

Please make sure you buy a pair of matched Wireless 1s because unless each has the same software version they will not connect. I had to take all 5 of mine into the dealer to be updated as I bought them from 3 different sources and had connection issues due to differing software.

Stoobie 

JesperBak
Not Ranked
3 Posts
Bronze Member

Thanks for the warning.

I have already bought a couple second hand from the same guy, who sells out of his gear, so I guess it should be okay. I expect to get them by Saturday.

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL