Sign in   |  Join   |  Help

BEOVISION ECLIPSE V2 Coming April 2020

rated by 0 users
Answered (Not Verified) This post has 0 verified answers | 95 Replies | 4 Followers

Emil Jensen
Top 150 Contributor
Denmark
550 Posts
Bronze Member
Emil Jensen posted on Mon, Feb 3 2020 1:17 PM

We have talked about it many times before,

And now I have it from good authority, it will start selling in April.

Pricing not ready yet, but guesses is that pricing will be the same as now. Just that you can get the panel much cheaper now, and therefore total price would be much cheaper.

Beovision Eclipse, Beolab 5, Beolab 17, Beosound 1 Google assist, Beoplay M3, Beoplay H6, Beoplay Earset 

All Replies

vlohjr1
Top 150 Contributor
463 Posts
Bronze Member
vlohjr1 replied on Sat, Feb 15 2020 12:25 PM
Chris Townsend:

I was told the same today. And there is a cool new multi room speaker coming too. That’s all I know Beovision Eclipse, BeoLab 17,Beolit 15, Beoplay A2 Active

Are we look at sept time for the new v2?

The new speak apparently is a floor version of beosound 2
Mikipidia
Top 75 Contributor
1,493 Posts
Gold Member
vlohjr1:

The new speak apparently is a floor version of beosound 2

That’s not how I would describe it at all but i guess you can because you could put it on the floor, but so can just about any other product Stick out tongue

New: Beovision Harmony, Beolab 50's, Beolab 18's, Beolab 17's, Beolab 3's, Beosound 9000 mk3, Beosound Stage & LG, Beosound 2, Beoplay M3, Beoplay A1, Beoplay H4 gen 2, Beoplay E8 3.0

Mikipedia on YouTube (finally Stick out tongue )

https://www.youtube.com/c/Mikipedia

Old: Beovision Eclipse, Beolab 1's, Beolab 2, Beovision 10-46, Overture 2300, beolab 8000's, Beolab 4000's, Beovision avant 32" etc. etc.

JFJBrussels
Not Ranked
41 Posts
Bronze Member

I hope the virus will not delay it one more time.

I had heard not before August, but probably you know it better than me.

Yours,

Sandyb
Top 50 Contributor
1,755 Posts
Bronze Member
Sandyb replied on Sun, Mar 22 2020 12:54 PM

Zero chance of even August.

Zero.

JFJBrussels:

I hope the virus will not delay it one more time.

I had heard not before August, but probably you know it better than me.

Yours,

jvezina
Top 500 Contributor
172 Posts
Gold Member

A few weeks ago,  Henrik Baron Vejrup (sp) mentioned in the Mikepedia podcast that the V2 Eclipse will be simply an adaptation of the current version with a C9 screen.

An adapter bracket will be installed on the Sound Center to allow a stock C9 screen to be used and the "trick"  mentioned by "specializten" two weeks ago (installing simply the B&O software on the C9) will allow integration of the screen and sound center. Apparently, the screen inventory for the current Eclipse is about to be exhausted and this will allow continuing production. 

Jean

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
13,321 Posts
Bronze Member

Which could mean that the ‘adapter option’ will be for being able to sell the rest of the excisting Sound Centers.

Whether they will be built as is in the future or if there will be a ‘new’ version of the Sound Center, is too early to say anything about.

MM

There is a tv - and there is a BV.

Mikipidia
Top 75 Contributor
1,493 Posts
Gold Member
What would be “new” about it? It’ll be the same as the Harmony and the Harmony is more or less the same as the eclipse(on an internal/electric level). It’ll still get a v2/mk2/ng designation to differentiate and will look slightly different. The difference mostly being that the screen will sit on instead of in the soundcenter. That is all based on them willing/being able to continue with this obviously.

New: Beovision Harmony, Beolab 50's, Beolab 18's, Beolab 17's, Beolab 3's, Beosound 9000 mk3, Beosound Stage & LG, Beosound 2, Beoplay M3, Beoplay A1, Beoplay H4 gen 2, Beoplay E8 3.0

Mikipedia on YouTube (finally Stick out tongue )

https://www.youtube.com/c/Mikipedia

Old: Beovision Eclipse, Beolab 1's, Beolab 2, Beovision 10-46, Overture 2300, beolab 8000's, Beolab 4000's, Beovision avant 32" etc. etc.

Emil Jensen
Top 150 Contributor
Denmark
550 Posts
Bronze Member

jvezina:

A few weeks ago,  Henrik Baron Vejrup (sp) mentioned in the Mikepedia podcast that the V2 Eclipse will be simply an adaptation of the current version with a C9 screen.

An adapter bracket will be installed on the Sound Center to allow a stock C9 screen to be used and the "trick"  mentioned by "specializten" two weeks ago (installing simply the B&O software on the C9) will allow integration of the screen and sound center. Apparently, the screen inventory for the current Eclipse is about to be exhausted and this will allow continuing production. 

Jean

This would be great news. Then I could upgrade my screen to a CX, just in time for the PS5,

A 1500€ upgrade which I would consider a steal.

Perhaps great times ahead :) Also for B&O as it would be a very cheap conversion.

Beovision Eclipse, Beolab 5, Beolab 17, Beosound 1 Google assist, Beoplay M3, Beoplay H6, Beoplay Earset 

moxxey
Top 25 Contributor
South West, UK
5,104 Posts
Bronze Member
moxxey replied on Wed, Apr 15 2020 3:20 PM

Who started this thread with Eclipse coming April 2020?

I've just been told by B&O UK's "Head of Operations" that it's not even confirmed for release and it's still in development - ie. it's months away.

I wouldn't listen to rumours from dealers.

Sandyb
Top 50 Contributor
1,755 Posts
Bronze Member
Sandyb replied on Wed, Apr 15 2020 3:55 PM

We did try and tell him at the start of the thread that April was not happening.

And was more likely still pretty far away.

At best, I could imagine there was a possibility that something would be announced for release much later in the year.

But they're obviously still working on the product design itself, so take a breath everyone.

I'd say its 50/50 at best that we see anything this side of Xmas.

Also, there are dealers and then there are dealers - I talk to a pretty experienced one, but not just any old salesman..

If you have an in depth conversation with one who has good knowledge, you can read between the lines - even if nothing is made explicit.

moxxey:

I've just been told by B&O UK's "Head of Operations" that it's not even confirmed for release and it's still in development - ie. it's months away.

Michael
Top 50 Contributor
Sweden
2,275 Posts
Bronze Member
moxxey:

My dealer also told me it would come now soon!

Beolab 50, Beolab 20, Beolab 8000 x 2, Beolab 4000 x 2, 
BeoSound Core, BeoSound 9000, BeoSound Century, 
BeoLit 15, BeoPlay A1, BeoPlay P2, BeoPlay H9i, BeoPlay H6, EarSet 3i, 
BeoVision Avant 55, BeoPlay V1-40, 
BeoCom 6000 and so much else :)  

Emil Jensen
Top 150 Contributor
Denmark
550 Posts
Bronze Member

moxxey:

I must say that I thought I had it from a good source,

They had it online, and I contacted them.

They have later removed it from their website.

I also talked to my dealer last week for an update (not the same dealership) and he says that B&O are not coming with any information at all here in the Corona time. So lets see.

I did not mean any harm by my thread, I really believed it, when they sold it on their webpage...

mbee
Top 75 Contributor
Paris, France
1,739 Posts
Bronze Member
mbee replied on Wed, Apr 15 2020 9:57 PM

Reading everything here maybe there are 2 new versions coming : one soon which is just a trick to adapt a standard C9/CX panel to the sound center and one later (2021) which will offer a revised design of the soundcenter.

mbee
Top 75 Contributor
Paris, France
1,739 Posts
Bronze Member
mbee replied on Wed, Apr 15 2020 9:57 PM

Reading everything here maybe there are 2 new versions coming : one soon which is just a trick to adapt a standard C9/CX panel to the sound center and one later (2021) which will offer a revised design of the soundcenter. 

What do you think?

Sandyb
Top 50 Contributor
1,755 Posts
Bronze Member
Sandyb replied on Wed, Apr 15 2020 10:08 PM

No,

How do we get from dampening down over eager excitement for a product that has no real timeline - to now expecting 2 variants of the product?

Do some not appreciate that B&O is a slow moving company when it comes to product launches (coloured headphones aside)?

mbee:

What do you think?

Page 4 of 7 (96 items) « First ... < Previous 2 3 4 5 6 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL