Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 6 Replies | 0 Followers

frog
Top 150 Contributor
Camberley UK
537 Posts
Founder
frog posted on Tue, Jan 14 2020 6:05 PM

Hi,

i have one of these and really have two questions if anyone can help answer?

1. Does anyone know the protocol between the Beosystem 4 and the Beovision 12? Previous Beosystems used RS232 9600 8,n,1 - but I can’t figure out what this one is as I want to spoof the BS4 to think it has a BV12 attached

2. As I can’t communicate through this connector, I’m using the IR to send a Samsung On/Off command you the monitor. The issue I have is that the IR signal is sent quite a bit of time after the BS4 starts up, so the curtain opening and B&O logo aren’t shown. Is there a way to get the IR signal to be the first thing sent?

thanks in advance

All Replies

Dante
Top 500 Contributor
Sao Paulo - Brazil
147 Posts
Silver Member
Dante replied on Tue, Jan 14 2020 10:11 PM

I solved this problem using a Logitech Harmony control...you have a lot of flexibility to change sequence and add delays in the IR signals.

beojeff
Top 75 Contributor
USA
1,684 Posts
Bronze Member
beojeff replied on Wed, Jan 15 2020 12:21 PM

Have you gone into the system settings to adjust the timings? I wasn't aware that there was a B&O logo in regular use. I've only seen the logo when powering up after a power cycle.

frog
Top 150 Contributor
Camberley UK
537 Posts
Founder
frog replied on Wed, Jan 15 2020 6:28 PM

Yes, I’ve tried the timing, but it seems that the IR command comes after the power link signal is sent - and I can’t see how to change that. 

if I could understand the protocol for the cable connecting the BS4 to the BV12, then I could re-engineer a solution.  

beojeff
Top 75 Contributor
USA
1,684 Posts
Bronze Member

I use a Samsung tv with my BS4 and I always see the electronic curtains. I don't see a B&O logo, though. I don't think there's supposed to be a logo except when the BS4 is initially powered on.

beojeff
Top 75 Contributor
USA
1,684 Posts
Bronze Member

BTW, I have an exceptionally long delay for the electronic screens so that the timing is perfect if I ever go into Cinema mode and then return to the TV out of Cinema mode.

frog
Top 150 Contributor
Camberley UK
537 Posts
Founder
frog replied on Wed, Jan 15 2020 6:57 PM

I’m actually using a LG screen, so I use a raspberry to translate the Samsung IR to a signal injected through the HDMI cable (HDMI-CEC). Ideally, I’d like to understand the protocol in the BV12 - but the service manuals etc don’t describe what it is - I was hoping it was serial (like the previous BVs using Panasonic protocols) but that doesn’t seem to be the case.

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL