rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 4 Replies | 1 Follower

Chris Townsend
Top 50 Contributor
Badsey, UK
3,423 Posts
Gold Member
Chris Townsend posted on Mon, Jan 13 2020 4:28 PM
So, if I don’t buy an M5 once I move to the Middle East, I’m now just considering just taking my Beolab 17s in my luggage.

I won’t have WIFI for a week or two, and my Eclipse will be following me out 4 months later. Can I use my Beolab 17s without WIFI, and how would I stream music to them from my phone?

Beovision 10, Beolab 2, Beosound 2(old Skool) Beolit 15, Beoplay A2 Active

All Replies

Duels
Top 50 Contributor
England
2,409 Posts
Gold Member
Duels replied on Mon, Jan 13 2020 4:44 PM
Chris Townsend:

I won’t have WIFI for a week or two, and my Eclipse will be following me out 4 months later. Can I use my Beolab 17s without WIFI, and how would I stream music to them from my phone? Beovision Eclipse, BeoLab 17,Beolit 15, Beoplay A2 Active

Assuming you don’t want to buy a core (which might be a bad assumption) you could use a Tibo bond 2 streamer. Steve at sounds heavenly sells them for about £100. You would also need cables to connect to each speaker.

Steve’s tube channel has a video showing how it works.

@Jeff bought one recently and his recent posts said he was very happy with it.
Chris Townsend
Top 50 Contributor
Badsey, UK
3,423 Posts
Gold Member
Is there not a WISA option? Note 10 to WISA base unit, to speakers

Beovision 10, Beolab 2, Beosound 2(old Skool) Beolit 15, Beoplay A2 Active

Jeff
Top 25 Contributor
USA
3,793 Posts
Silver Member
Jeff replied on Mon, Jan 13 2020 6:47 PM

Duels:
Chris Townsend:

I won’t have WIFI for a week or two, and my Eclipse will be following me out 4 months later. Can I use my Beolab 17s without WIFI, and how would I stream music to them from my phone? Beovision Eclipse, BeoLab 17,Beolit 15, Beoplay A2 Active

Assuming you don’t want to buy a core (which might be a bad assumption) you could use a Tibo bond 2 streamer. Steve at sounds heavenly sells them for about £100. You would also need cables to connect to each speaker.

Steve’s tube channel has a video showing how it works.

@Jeff bought one recently and his recent posts said he was very happy with it.

Still very happy with it! A great little product.

Jeff

I'm afraid I'm recovering from the BeoVirus. Sad

Steve at Sounds Heavenly
Top 50 Contributor
The cable workshop, Leics, UK
1,862 Posts
Gold Member

Hi,

The Tibo streamers are out of stock at the moment (new stock won't arrive until April unfortunately) but there are lots of ways to get wireless music to your speakers, including Airport Express, Chromecast Audio or B&O's own Core.

Please let me know which player you wish to use and I will be pleased to help with the cables required.

Kind regards, Steve.

Steve.

www.soundsheavenly.com

Sounds Heavenly are proud to sponsor BeoWorld!

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL