Sign in   |  Join   |  Help

New software Beolab 50

rated by 0 users
Answered (Not Verified) This post has 0 verified answers | 38 Replies | 1 Follower

Martin
Top 500 Contributor
Sweden
289 Posts
Bronze Member
Martin posted on Thu, Jan 9 2020 2:52 PM

Hi,

Yesterday I uploaded a new software for my Beolab 50 (2.3.4.7045). The last software was 2.3.4.6892.

I wonder if this is the "fix" for randomly loosing contact between slave and master speaker (fast flashing orange master speaker).

Best Regards
Martin

Beovision Eclipse 65 with floorstand (from STB Brackets), New! Beolab 50 front, Beolab 3 rear, 2 x Beoplay A6 linkrooms, 2xBeoremote one BT, Beosound 9000 Mark III (sw 3.4), Philips Hue (all lights in the home), Oppo UDP-203, Apple TV 4K. AURALIC Aries G1 (new)

All Replies

Razlaw
Top 25 Contributor
4,020 Posts
Bronze Member
Suggested by Sjock601
I hope it solves your problem. And thanks for letting us know there is an update available.

Beolab 50s Beolab 9s Beolab 12-3s Beolab 1s Beolab 6000s 2 pairs Beolab 4000s Beovision 7-55 Beovision 10-40 Beoplay V1 32 inch Beovision Avant 32 inch Beosound 1 (CD player) Beosound 3000 Beosound 5 Core Essence MKII Beoplay M5

Mr 10Percent
Top 150 Contributor
So West, Its Now East
478 Posts
Bronze Member
Suggested by Mr 10Percent

Probably means the BL90 is updated to?

Anyone confirm.

need to get home soon

Mikipidia
Top 75 Contributor
1,469 Posts
Gold Member
Yep, 90’s update too!

New: Beovision Harmony, Beolab 50's, Beolab 18's, Beolab 17's, Beolab 3's, Beosound 9000 mk3, Beosound Stage & LG, Beosound 2, Beoplay M3, Beoplay A1, Beoplay H4 gen 2, Beoplay E8 3.0

Mikipedia on YouTube (finally Stick out tongue )

https://www.youtube.com/c/Mikipedia

Old: Beovision Eclipse, Beolab 1's, Beolab 2, Beovision 10-46, Overture 2300, beolab 8000's, Beolab 4000's, Beovision avant 32" etc. etc.

Razlaw
Top 25 Contributor
4,020 Posts
Bronze Member
Razlaw replied on Sat, Jan 11 2020 6:56 PM
Have not installed yet. Any noticeable differences or problems?

Beolab 50s Beolab 9s Beolab 12-3s Beolab 1s Beolab 6000s 2 pairs Beolab 4000s Beovision 7-55 Beovision 10-40 Beoplay V1 32 inch Beovision Avant 32 inch Beosound 1 (CD player) Beosound 3000 Beosound 5 Core Essence MKII Beoplay M5

Mikipidia
Top 75 Contributor
1,469 Posts
Gold Member
Nope none for meSmile

New: Beovision Harmony, Beolab 50's, Beolab 18's, Beolab 17's, Beolab 3's, Beosound 9000 mk3, Beosound Stage & LG, Beosound 2, Beoplay M3, Beoplay A1, Beoplay H4 gen 2, Beoplay E8 3.0

Old: Beovision Eclipse, Beolab 1's, Beolab 2, Beovision 10-46, Overture 2300, beolab 8000's, Beolab 4000's, Beovision avant 32" etc. etc.

Gullwing
Not Ranked
2 Posts
Bronze Member

Works fine for me. I’m on 2.3.4.7045 firmware for my Beolab 50

seethroughyou
Top 100 Contributor
UK
804 Posts
Bronze Member
Is the latest software for Beolab 90 numbered:

2.3.4?
DGRouge
Not Ranked
33 Posts
Bronze Member
DGRouge replied on Wed, Jan 29 2020 10:21 PM
Is it the same software version for the Master and the Slave? Mine are 2.3.4.7045 for the Master and 2.3.4.6892 for the SlaveUnsure
Mikipidia
Top 75 Contributor
1,469 Posts
Gold Member

yes, both should be the same and as far as I am aware the SW number should also be the same for the 90's.

Mr 10Percent
Top 150 Contributor
So West, Its Now East
478 Posts
Bronze Member

Confirm the update number.

Im not sure what has changed? Tone controls were added some whole back so?..

Geoff Martins website has quietly removed the BL90 feature list so the few remaining elements (PL and USB volume control) I.e the two most useful features I would like appear to be dropped??

Can anyone else confirm Implementation or not?

Flere
Top 200 Contributor
Netherlands
337 Posts
Gold Member
Flere replied on Thu, Jan 30 2020 4:55 PM
Mr 10Percent:

Confirm the update number.

Im not sure what has changed? Tone controls were added some whole back so?..

Geoff Martins website has quietly removed the BL90 feature list so the few remaining elements (PL and USB volume control) I.e the two most useful features I would like appear to be dropped??

Can anyone else confirm Implementation or not?

On my updated BL50 the USB volume control stil functions as before.

- Flere

smile and enjoy the moment

Gullwing
Not Ranked
2 Posts
Bronze Member

Is there a section on the B&O website where I can check the change history and the current firmware for my Beolab 50s?

They only seem to be able to update the firmware when connected to the internet via ethernet, and they aren't connected via ethernet most of the time. It's frustrating that they can't seem to update via wifi. 

Michael
Top 50 Contributor
Sweden
2,253 Posts
Bronze Member

Gullwing:

Is there a section on the B&O website where I can check the change history and the current firmware for my Beolab 50s?

They only seem to be able to update the firmware when connected to the internet via ethernet, and they aren't connected via ethernet most of the time. It's frustrating that they can't seem to update via wifi. 

I also wonder this as the BeoWiser BeoLab 50 First time setup video advices the installer to update the software first time manually via USB as the master unit will NOT update the slave unit if the firmware in the slave is lower than the master. It simply assumes that the slave has the same version as the master (which of course is a horrible design fault). 

It seems that only B&O employees can download the firmware files as it is on an internal network page. I wonder if anyone here has the firmware available for the BeoLab 50s so I can update mine over USB when I receive them in a few days. As I have decided to do installation myself.

I also read that a few people here have different version on their respective speaker sets and that means this is an issue. Perhaps B&O has resolved it though in later iterations of the firmware so that the master does actually take into account a version conflict. But I do not know. 

Beolab 50, Beolab 20, Beolab 8000 x 2, Beolab 4000 x 2, 
BeoSound Core, BeoSound 9000, BeoSound Century, 
BeoLit 15, BeoPlay A1, BeoPlay P2, BeoPlay H9i, BeoPlay H6, EarSet 3i, 
BeoVision Avant 55, BeoPlay V1-40, 
BeoCom 6000 and so much else :)  

Aussie Michael
Top 50 Contributor
Melbourne, AU
3,500 Posts
Bronze Member
Michael:

I also wonder this as the BeoWiser BeoLab 50 First time setup video advices the installer to update the software first time manually via USB as the master unit will NOT update the slave unit if the firmware in the slave is lower than the master. It simply assumes that the slave has the same version as the master (which of course is a horrible design fault). It seems that only B&O employees can download the firmware files as it is on an internal network page. I wonder if anyone here has the firmware available for the BeoLab 50s so I can update mine over USB when I receive them in a few days. As I have decided to do installation myself. I also read that a few people here have different version on their respective speaker sets and that means this is an issue. Perhaps B&O has resolved it though in later iterations of the firmware so that the master does actually take into account a version conflict. But I do not know.

Um. What BL50s are coming in a few days ?? Surprise
Page 1 of 3 (39 items) 1 2 3 Next > | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL