Is Bang and Olufsen in trouble?

rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 150 Replies | 0 Followers

Forester1
Not Ranked
27 Posts
Bronze Member
Forester1 posted on Mon, Dec 16 2019 11:42 AM

How else can I interpret a delay of almost two weeks in hearing from them online about my Beosound Stage which has been accepted warrants a full refund? I was told "As soon as our headquarters confirm the process, we will notify you and the return shipping label will be provided" That was on 3rd December and I have heard nothing since.

So what is going on at Headquarters? If anyone has any contact, please help. I have run out of patience.

All Replies

seethroughyou
Top 100 Contributor
UK
956 Posts
Bronze Member
Beobuddy:

That's one of the reasons they started to collaborate with LG. B&O extends their functionality (audio processing, stand, etc) which results in a stable product.

Instead of using their collaboration to bring prices down and make B&O accessible they kept prices high and B&O unreachable. Super wealthy people are perhaps even more price conscious and critical.

Present: BL90, Moment, Core, BL6000, CD7000, 7000, Essence Remote.

Past: BL1, BL2, BL8000, BS9000, BL5, BC2, BS5, BV5, BV4-50, Beosystem 3, BL3, DVD1, Beoremote 4.

seethroughyou
Top 100 Contributor
UK
956 Posts
Bronze Member
Beobuddy:

Stop nagging, that's a fact we already know. I can't enjoy a bare LG panel, not to mention that everyone recognizes a B&O tv from a mile distance compared to other brands.

It’s great that you can recognise a B&O from space with your discerning taste and eye, sadly not only can the average not notice the difference moreover they don’t really care and even if we could get to that point, fewer and fewer have heard of B&O.

“Beee and who..???”

Past: BL1, BL2, BL8000, BS9000, BL5, BC2, BS5, BV5, BV4-50, Beosystem 3, BL3, DVD1, Beoremote 4.

Mikipidia
Top 50 Contributor
2,023 Posts
Bronze Member
Is the harmony that expensive for what it is? B&o bit is 11.500 for the 77” asking price and if you consider that you get one of the best receivers, center channels, radio and streaming hubs for that price. Not to mention the motion, products quality and oak panels and something that’s very unique and unobtrusive when it’s off.

The harmony in 65” is half the price of the bv12-65 when that was new. So is the harmony that expensive? When you think about it?

New: Beovision Harmony, Beolab 50's, Beolab 18's, Beolab 17's, Beolab 3's, Beosound 9000 mk3, Beosound Stage & LG, Beosound 2, Beoplay M3, Beoplay A1, Beoplay H4 gen 2, Beoplay E8 3.0

Mikipedia on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Mikipedia

mikipedi4 on Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/mikipedi4

Old: Beovision Eclipse, Beolab 1's, Beolab 2, Beovision 10-46, Overture 2300, beolab 8000's, Beolab 4000's, Beovision avant 32" etc. etc.

Sandyb
Top 50 Contributor
2,093 Posts
Bronze Member
Sandyb replied on Tue, Dec 24 2019 3:00 PM

That may well be true - in the UK the 12-65 was 14k GBP, while the Harmony 65 is 11k GBP, or 12k GBP for the wood grill - i.e the Harmony may be cheaper.

But that may not be comparing like for like.

The 12-65, for example, was B&O though and through, whereas the Harmony (and the Eclipse too) are more transparently an LG through and through, bolted on to a B&O sound system.

As ever, people will have different views on whether the general price premium was more justifiable in the old (pre-Eclipse) period vs the new (Eclipse, Harmony).

Mikipidia:
Is the harmony that expensive for what it is? B&o bit is 11.500 for the 77” asking price and if you consider that you get one of the best receivers, center channels, radio and streaming hubs for that price. Not to mention the motion, products quality and oak panels and something that’s very unique and unobtrusive when it’s off.

The harmony in 65” is half the price of the bv12-65 when that was new. So is the harmony that expensive? When you think about it?

Beobuddy
Top 25 Contributor
Utrecht, The Netherlands
3,928 Posts
Founder

koning:

@Beobuddy,

This guy owned:

Beolab 5

Beolab 1

Beolab 6000

Beolab 8000

Beolab penta

Beovision 8-40

Beovision 10-40

Beovision 11-46

Beosound 5

Beoplay A1/A2

Beotime

And you?

Way more, but I wasn't aware that it would turn in some kind of contest.

The question is, were did it go wrong somewhere on this list? I can imagine that it started with the BS5, which worked well when it was released. But after some time the need for more (internet)functionality became the issue where the BS5 wasn't designed for..
I remember that you ditched the new acquired Core for the Node. Which version was it? The first, second or already the third version?

Beobuddy
Top 25 Contributor
Utrecht, The Netherlands
3,928 Posts
Founder

So what remains is, when will the negative (internet)infuenced potential customer realize that the Eclipse and Harmony are softwarestable .televisions,

An option for those is to buy a Stage with Beoremote and combine it with a discount LG C9 at some time. When it feels right, they will have the option to trade-in the Stage and go for the Eclipse or Harmonygear and keep their LG panel.

koning
Top 25 Contributor
holland
4,218 Posts
Bronze Member
koning replied on Tue, Dec 24 2019 4:22 PM

Beobuddy:

koning:

@Beobuddy,

This guy owned:

Beolab 5

Beolab 1

Beolab 6000

Beolab 8000

Beolab penta

Beovision 8-40

Beovision 10-40

Beovision 11-46

Beosound 5

Beoplay A1/A2

Beotime

And you?

Way more, but I wasn't aware that it would turn in some kind of contest.

The question is, were did it go wrong somewhere on this list? I can imagine that it started with the BS5, which worked well when it was released. But after some time the need for more (internet)functionality became the issue where the BS5 wasn't designed for..
I remember that you ditched the new acquired Core for the Node. Which version was it? The first, second or already the third version?

First of all, B&O is your work.

It was no contest, but your answer that b&o is too expensive for me.

Let me say it otherwise,

Were do you think it went wrong with the B&O company?

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
14,393 Posts
Bronze Member

koning:

Let me say it otherwise,

Were do you think it went wrong with the B&O company?

In my view nothing went wrong with B&O!

The hurdles of a modern technologial and social world just got bigger during the last decade - and maybe bigger than expected - for a small company, that aims at selling integrated audio and video solutions to those who care.

They had to reorganize and redefine themselves.........a process that is ongoing.

I am aware that a lot of the ‘old’ costumer s (with their houses filled with good B&O stuff) can’t follow.

However there can be no other way, even if this causes trouble on the way - or.......what would you suggest?

MM

There is a tv - and there is a BV.

Sandyb
Top 50 Contributor
2,093 Posts
Bronze Member
Sandyb replied on Tue, Dec 24 2019 6:06 PM

I'm not really sure what the "hurdles of a modern technological and social world" means to be honest.

Consuming media is not quite the same experience now as it was 20 years ago - of course those changes are not B&Os fault.

How they have responded to them though, is entirely their responsibility.

Plenty of companies successful in the pre-digital era (if you like) have been swept away, but a lack of agility and failure to recognise the new priorities is a common theme. 

While design of form factor is still important in AV, software has gone from low down the list to paramount, and here they have been appalling.

To argue nothing went wrong is myopia of the highest order.

Again, B&O should bring you to the next investor presentation - try saying nothing went wrong to the investor community.

Barry Santini
Top 150 Contributor
New York
541 Posts
Bronze Member
European old-style, no longer applicable thinking about marketing.

Listen to your customers: They’ll tell you how to run your business.

seethroughyou
Top 100 Contributor
UK
956 Posts
Bronze Member
Millemissen:

MM

Remarkable. A freak of nature. Either this MM is a genius and we, the employees of B&O, the investors, the customers and dealers are all wrong (when we say that B&O have made some grave mistakes and at times been negligent of their dealers and customer service). Perhaps MM is right or this is the most perfect example of self-delusion going on.

koning
Top 25 Contributor
holland
4,218 Posts
Bronze Member
koning replied on Tue, Dec 24 2019 10:41 PM

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
14,393 Posts
Bronze Member

Sandyb:

I'm not really sure what the "hurdles of a modern technological and social world" means to be honest.

Consuming media is not quite the same experience now as it was 20 years ago - of course those changes are not B&Os fault.

How they have responded to them though, is entirely their responsibility.

Plenty of companies successful in the pre-digital era (if you like) have been swept away, but a lack of agility and failure to recognise the new priorities is a common theme. 

While design of form factor is still important in AV, software has gone from low down the list to paramount, and here they have been appalling.

To argue nothing went wrong is myopia of the highest order.

Again, B&O should bring you to the next investor presentation - try saying nothing went wrong to the investor community.

I sure know we don’t agree there.

However, when the new CEO says that he is quite content with the recent product line and what is in the pipeline now - and that he is concerned about the distribution, it tells me, that they already have gone a long way. But maybe that is appalling, too?

I’ll surely go there, if possible.

Each year at the general meetings I hear that the bigger shareholders, who regularly have representatives there, still trust B&O.

I do not expect that to change in April.

Maybe you are just too concerned ;-)

Maybe you just want them to be something else than what they are now ;-)

MM

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
14,393 Posts
Bronze Member

Barry Santini:
European old-style, no longer applicable thinking about marketing.

Listen to your customers: They’ll tell you how to run your business.

That is a tuff one.

Reading on this forum almost anyone want something different - just read the ‘What would you wish from B&O for Christmas’-thread.

Who should they listen to?

MM

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
14,393 Posts
Bronze Member

seethroughyou:
Millemissen:

MM

Remarkable. A freak of nature. Either this MM is a genius and we, the employees of B&O, the investors, the customers and dealers are all wrong (when we say that B&O have made some grave mistakes and at times been negligent of their dealers and customer service). Perhaps MM is right or this is the most perfect example of self-delusion going on.

Why read all I wrote in that post.

Sandyb - at least - refered to the entire post.

But ok - it is much easier to pick out just one sentence.

P.S. I would never, ever think of calling someone ‘a freak’.....even if we disagree heavily.

MM

Page 6 of 11 (151 items) « First ... < Previous 4 5 6 7 8 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL