Is Bang and Olufsen in trouble?

rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 150 Replies | 0 Followers

Forester1
Not Ranked
27 Posts
Bronze Member
Forester1 posted on Mon, Dec 16 2019 11:42 AM

How else can I interpret a delay of almost two weeks in hearing from them online about my Beosound Stage which has been accepted warrants a full refund? I was told "As soon as our headquarters confirm the process, we will notify you and the return shipping label will be provided" That was on 3rd December and I have heard nothing since.

So what is going on at Headquarters? If anyone has any contact, please help. I have run out of patience.

All Replies

Razlaw
Top 25 Contributor
4,243 Posts
Bronze Member

moxxey:

Millemissen:

Carolpa:

As *if* there are "B&O newcomers" out there Big Smile

Actually there are. There was even a thread posted here yesterday from someone who walked in to a B and O shop by accident and asked for forum members' opinions on a possible purchase of BL18s, 19, Shape, Beovision among other things.

Beolab 50s Beolab 9s Beolab 12-3s Beolab 1s Beolab 6000s 2 pairs Beolab 4000s Beovision 7-55 Beovision 10-40 Beoplay V1 32 inch Beovision Avant 32 inch Beosound 1 (CD player) Beosound 3000 Beosound 5 Core Essence MKII Beoplay M5

mm08642
Not Ranked
42 Posts
Bronze Member

Kristian Tear CEO:
From my point of view, we are in a commercial crisis. We don't sell enough of our products and the reason is that we are not succeeding with our sales and marketing execution from a variety of perspectives.

Yes, B&O is in a commercial crisis, BUT the main reason are their unbelievable many product / software quality issues.

Today customers just move on to another brand, when they do not get the user experience they expect for their money. You see that strong movement away from B&O in the current sales crash. Reason is that B&O worked really hard to loose all trust in their technical competence over the last years on the technical side (e.g. Beosound 5, Moment and B&O App) and on the support side (e.g. online support is not able to answer any technical questions adequately, no detailed technical manuals available, many B&O dealers are technically overstrained).

Nothing you can solve just with sales and marketing in my eyes. 

First of all B&O has to solve all these software / firmware quality issues to give an user experience adequate to the brand expectations (= high price luxury brand) and second they have to go the long way of regaining trust by over-average service and support.

We will see in 2020 whether B&O still has the necessary breath / cash for a turnaround.

W.Frankenberg / Gandalf
Top 500 Contributor
Heilbronn / Germany
290 Posts
Bronze Member

mm08642:

Yes, B&O is in a commercial crisis, BUT the main reason are their unbelievable many product / software quality issues.

Today customers just move on to another brand, when they do not get the user experience they expect for their money.

I agree,

It is no wonder that customers switch to a different brand if they buy the same service (sometimes for the technically identical device: LG!)
from B & O at double or even triple the price and then only receive low-quality technical support.
It is not enough for the discerning buyer to buy good Danish design with Korean, Japanese and Chinese content.
Of course, not every manufacturer has to reinvent the wheel for themselves, so I understand that TV panels are used by OEM manufacturers,
but this means that the competence is lost to a certain extent.

wilfried

ed7
Top 500 Contributor
105 Posts
Bronze Member
ed7 replied on Sun, Jan 12 2020 2:04 PM

Yes absolutely the proof is in the pudding

https://uk.reuters.com/article/uk-bang-olufsen-outlook/tv-and-headphones-maker-bo-out-of-tune-with-new-profit-warning-idUKKBN1YM0N6

Chris Townsend
Top 50 Contributor
Qatar
3,527 Posts
Bronze Member
Not the best PR to start the year with.

https://www.whathifi.com/news/bang-and-olufsen-is-struggling-to-sell-its-pricey-beovision-harmony-tvs-and-headphones

Beosound Stage, Beovision 8-40, Beolit 20, Beosound Explore.

Duels
Top 50 Contributor
England
2,548 Posts
Bronze Member
Duels replied on Wed, Jan 15 2020 11:08 PM
Chris Townsend:

Not the best PR to start the year with.

https://www.whathifi.com/news/bang-and-olufsen-is-struggling-to-sell-its-pricey-beovision-harmony-tvs-and-headphones Beovision Eclipse, BeoLab 17,Beolit 15, Beoplay A2 Active

There’s nothing new here.
Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
14,472 Posts
Bronze Member

Maybe beoworlders should link to (and read) the official reports from the company, that ‘ we all like so much’, instead of just relying on the writings of journalists.

https://investor.bang-olufsen.com/financial-reports/

MM

There is a tv - and there is a BV.

Top 150 Contributor
519 Posts
Bronze Member
1990 replied on Thu, Jan 16 2020 9:34 AM

Millemissen:

Maybe beoworlders should link to (and read) the official reports from the company, that ‘ we all like so much’, instead of just relying on the writings of journalists.

https://investor.bang-olufsen.com/financial-reports/

MM

Always a great resource! 

"In April, we will present a three-year strategy plan, outlining how we will ensure stronger long-term financial performance through increased consumer focus, specific sales initiatives, stronger and more frequent product releases and cost optimisations”, says CEO Kristian Teär.

I think the product pipeline is interesting. Nothing that suggests an Eclipse 2nd Gen or the new remote.

2020Q1:

* New "Flexible Living" product (not yet announced)
* "On-the-Go" upgrade (E8 3rd Gen)
* New colours (Contrast Collection announced today)

2020Q2:

* New "On-the-Go" product (hopefully wireless earbuds with ANC?)
* New "Staged" model (Harmony 88" I guess)
* "On-the-Go" upgrade (maybe an upgrade for a Bluetooth speaker? Those haven't been upgraded for a while)

Puncher
Top 10 Contributor
Durham
11,724 Posts
Bronze Member

Is the 10% price increase true?

Ban boring signatures!

Top 150 Contributor
519 Posts
Bronze Member
1990 replied on Thu, Jan 16 2020 9:44 AM

Puncher:

Is the 10% price increase true?

For what items?

The new Contrast Collection-items are all +/- 150-250 € above regular models.

I wonder why B&O never assess the impact of the changed product pricing in their financial statements (last year +300/400 € for BS1/BS2/BP A9).

moxxey
Top 25 Contributor
South West, UK
5,336 Posts
Bronze Member
moxxey replied on Thu, Jan 16 2020 2:20 PM

Millemissen:

You mean the same 'writing' that every consumer sees when they Google-search the brand?

They don't browse the financial report. 

9 LEE
Top 10 Contributor
Eastbourne, UK
7,194 Posts
Founder
9 LEE replied on Thu, Jan 16 2020 2:35 PM

A circa 15% jump in the share price since yesterday morning...

Anyone know why?

Puncher
Top 10 Contributor
Durham
11,724 Posts
Bronze Member

9 LEE:

Anyone know why?

New colours released?

Ban boring signatures!

Mikipidia
Top 50 Contributor
2,068 Posts
Bronze Member
9 LEE:

Anyone know why?

It’s out podcast and youtube channels

Atleast, i’d like to think soStick out tongue

New: Beovision Harmony, Beolab 50's, Beolab 18's, Beolab 17's, Beolab 3's, Beosound 9000 mk3, Beosound Stage & LG, Beosound 2, Beoplay M3, Beoplay A1, Beoplay H4 gen 2, Beoplay E8 3.0

Mikipedia on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Mikipedia

mikipedi4 on Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/mikipedi4

Old: Beovision Eclipse, Beolab 1's, Beolab 2, Beovision 10-46, Overture 2300, beolab 8000's, Beolab 4000's, Beovision avant 32" etc. etc.

mrCTE
Not Ranked
70 Posts
Bronze Member
mrCTE replied on Thu, Jan 16 2020 9:15 PM

Looks like a series of off book on market trades were placed. I’ll have a look at Bloomberg tomorrow. It’s also very thinly traded...

Page 10 of 11 (151 items) « First ... < Previous 7 8 9 10 11 Next > | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL